LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-14-2007, 12:30 AM   #1
ancexttew

Default Negotiate cable prices (comcast)?
I'm thinking about getting cable TV now that I have an HDTV. I live in an apartment and would only be able to get cable through Comcast. I was just surfing their pricing page and some of these "fees" seem ridiculous, like a $28.00 one-time installation fee. My room is already pre-wired for cable so all they would have to do to activate the service would be coming out and setting up the cable box and flipping a few switches. Do you think I could get them to waive the installation fee or negotiate any of the prices with them or are cable company prices not something normally negotiated?

Old 09-14-2007, 12:37 AM   #2
Obenuearema

I've never paid an installation fee, always get it waived. Mind you I have only had cable installed in my name twice and it was through Charter. It doesn't hurt to ask though.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:45 AM   #3
Opening-auto

The installation fee probably will not go through. That fee is if you need to get a wire to go somewhere. If they come by to drop the box off and hook it up, they might charge you for that.
Though you can always go down to Comcast yourself and pick the box up so that you will not get charged.

Though, being charged for things just really depends on who is sent out. Sometimes we get really cool guys from Comcast who don't charge for everything or even hook us up with free cable because they are lazy, but then you do get those guys who tattle tale on you for having free cable, and charge you for everything.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:11 AM   #4
Rqqneujr

You should really get used to paying the ridiculous fees now. It is comcast afterall. I hope your cable HD channel selection out where you live isn't as shitty as it is here in Michigan.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:33 AM   #5
ancexttew

You should really get used to paying the ridiculous fees now. It is comcast afterall. I hope your cable HD channel selection out where you live isn't as shitty as it is here in Michigan.
The thing I don't understand is why should I have to pay $8/month extra for HD? I would assume that most of the HD content will be from large broadcasters like FOX NBC CBS ABC etc, which already broadcast their HD signals for free. [thumbdown]

Old 09-14-2007, 06:38 AM   #6
Rqqneujr

Yeah, the extra money for the extended HD package is a joke if you ask me. They charge something like $6-8 a month for it and the channels you get are laughable (at least in michigan) HDnet, MojoHD, UHD, FSNHD/ESPNHD (OK those two are nice to have), and a few other noname channels.

I'm really thinking of switching over to dish which offers channels in HD that people actually want to watch; USA, SciFi, FX, TBS, Foodnetwork, Animal planet etc.. along with the channels that cable has. Now if cable would catch up a little in the channel department it might be worth the money. Right now, at least in Michigan, HD on cable is pretty much a joke.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:53 AM   #7
bunkalapa

Yeah, the extra money for the extended HD package is a joke if you ask me. They charge something like $6-8 a month for it and the channels you get are laughable (at least in michigan) HDnet, MojoHD, UHD, FSNHD/ESPNHD (OK those two are nice to have), and a few other noname channels.

I'm really thinking of switching over to dish which offers channels in HD that people actually want to watch; USA, SciFi, FX, TBS, Foodnetwork, Animal planet etc.. along with the channels that cable has. Now if cable would catch up a little in the channel department it might be worth the money. Right now, at least in Michigan, HD on cable is pretty much a joke.
WTF? Didn't you see the commercial? Sattelite is HD Lite! Comcast is by far superior to all other HD offerings. The parrott said so!

Reply to Thread New Thread