LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-10-2007, 04:53 AM   #1
AccusaJalsBub

Default Hennessy TT Viper outruns a Veyron
Its been discussed before, but here is actual proof.

The Hennessy TT Viper is faster than a Veyron. 4 seconds faster to the 200mph mark than the veyron. And the 880hp Lingenfelter Vette is only 2 seconds behind the veyron to the 200.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...ctid1125899987

booooooooooring as road and track is, these cars freaking move.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:40 AM   #2
metropropuskruww

You gotta think though, the Veyron has the weight of a bus...it was made for pure top end, not acceleration...even though it still out accelerates most cars you put against.

Thats not to take away from the pure awesomeness that is the TT Viper or Corvette...just thought I'd point it out though.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:48 AM   #3
Suvaxal

You gotta think though, the Veyron has the weight of a bus...it was made for pure top end, not acceleration...even though it still out accelerates most cars you put against.

Thats not to take away from the pure awesomeness that is the TT Viper or Corvette...just thought I'd point it out though.
^^ He said it perfectly - the Veyron is not about acceleration

Old 07-10-2007, 05:51 AM   #4
joulseenjoync

I sure as hell wouldnt like to go 400kmh in a super tuned viper, id die.

Would quiet happily attempt it in the veryon tho.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:57 AM   #5
AccusaJalsBub

Yet they quote the veyron will do 0-200 in 17 seconds. They also quote 0-60 in under 3. Acceleration and top speed are the Veyrons main claims to fame. Other than that its another luxurious GT. It does well for what it was built to do, but it could have had so much more performance if it was lighter.

Where as the Viper is strictly a sports car. It makes no compromises for comfort, and when tuned can make more power power than anyone could control.

Still, I'd rather have a Zonda F, or a C6 Z06.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:57 AM   #6
BiseCreesia

i think it is slightly tbh

Old 07-10-2007, 06:25 AM   #7
Darlmtgq

I had rather get the TT Viper. For the same price as the Veyron I can buy 4 Vips, and put around in it and be more piecful in mind knowing that I am not driving a $1million irreplaceable car with a lot of people going to be "what is this?" and gathering around looking at it, were with a viper it is more of a walk by and look.
8.3L V10 Twin-Turbo sort of puts a 16.4L W16 Quad-Turbocharged to shame.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:52 AM   #8
Scfdglkn

The Veyron's engine is a technological marvel though. It is capable of putting out much more horsepower than it does from the factory.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:53 AM   #9
joulseenjoync

I had rather get the TT Viper. For the same price as the Veyron I can buy 4 Vips, and put around in it and be more piecful in mind knowing that I am not driving a $1million irreplaceable car with a lot of people going to be "what is this?" and gathering around looking at it, were with a viper it is more of a walk by and look.
8.3L V10 Twin-Turbo sort of puts a 16.4L W16 Quad-Turbocharged to shame.
Are you for real??

Old 08-09-2007, 07:38 AM   #10
FloareTraurne

Are you for real??
I agree with red dog, while not a common grocery-getter, Vipers are pretty common. Yes, even in Louisiana.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:41 AM   #11
Babposa

The Veyron's engine is a technological marvel though. It is capable of putting out much more horsepower than it does from the factory.
True, the Veyron has 1001 reliable horses, with a gearbox/clutch that have been built to last 100,000 miles...

Practically 'unheard of' for a production sportscar...[shocked]

Old 08-09-2007, 07:41 AM   #12
alfredtaniypnx

Guess what with the rev limiter removed a McLaren F1 hit something between 241~244 mph. With 660 HP and the driver basically stated it was rev limited, with some minor modifications I would bet you could easily make a McLaren F1 go faster than a Veyron, even if it is 14 years old.

The Veyron can not hit it's own top speed without turning a special key to turn off all the down force inducing active aero, which basically makes the car to unsafe to drive any way but in a nearly perfectly straight line.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:40 AM   #13
Stivenslivakovishhhs

If you owned a Veyron, would it really bother you so much that someone who owns a TT Viper be faster than you? I sure as hell wouldn't, because whilst they'll be toasting in the driver seat, I would happily be running along side them in the comfort of the Veyron.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:27 AM   #14
tpJKhY8Z

If you owned a Veyron, would it really bother you so much that someone who owns a TT Viper be faster than you? I sure as hell wouldn't, because whilst they'll be toasting in the driver seat, I would happily be running along side them in the comfort of the Veyron.
Where did that come from?

You gotta think though, the Veyron has the weight of a bus...it was made for pure top end, not acceleration...even though it still out accelerates most cars you put against. All that means is that the designers decided that horsepower was more important than handling. I also don't see the point of a car made purely for top speed. There are very very very few cases where a car has enough straight road to show it off.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:40 AM   #15
Stivenslivakovishhhs

Where did that come from?
Sorry, was rather random wasn't it.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:49 AM   #16
tiereenny

Hmm yeah well, drag cars are faster too, but I'm not gonna tour across europe in one.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:36 PM   #17
Darlmtgq

In the new SRT-10 that is supposed to be fixed, so I am sure that it can be fixed with the older models as well. Plus there is A/C that should do the trick.
I would be happy driving around in my TT Viper because I spend 1/4th the money that you spent, I go faster, and have A/C just like you! More money for the Bentley Continental.

Are you for real??
Yeah, I seem them quiet often around these mountains. The Viper has been around since 1992 and you can get fairly low mileage Vipers for roughly $30k these days. I even see the SRT-10 Ram quiet often too, and according to Wiki they only sold 7,000 units. People just walk past these like nothing.
Though for the Veyron, I am sure that people would gather around these babies, I know that I would be peering into the cabin and what not, taking pictures to show my buddies.

[crazy]
http://www.e85viper.com/#isError:false

Old 08-09-2007, 01:57 PM   #18
nannysuetle

Its been discussed before, but here is actual proof.

The Hennessy TT Viper is faster than a Veyron. 4 seconds faster to the 200mph mark than the veyron. And the 880hp Lingenfelter Vette is only 2 seconds behind the veyron to the 200.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...ctid1125899987

booooooooooring as road and track is, these cars freaking move.
That Veyron is an engineering phenomenon. I'd love to see a stripped out racing version.

Old 08-09-2007, 03:28 PM   #19
Slchtjgb

To be honest, so what?
An aftermarket tuned car is slightly faster than the basic Veyron but I would expect the higher powered FACTORY veyron with a couple of hundred additional horsepower would take care of that.
As a hot-rod, the TT Viper is an awesome machine but I'd like to see how they compare on a damp or wet road - the Viper has a reputation of being too much engine for the chassis and I would expect the TT to be a real handful.
I have seen quite a few Vipers, even down here and, TBH, they're generally regarded as a substitute for a small apendage but I would expect a Bug' would be a real centre of attention if one was imported, though.

Someone mentioned the additional safety aspects of using the full Vetron top end, such as lowering the rear wing which reduces downforce - I'm aware of only one recording of someone that has taken one to it's true top speed - Captain Slow on Top Gear - which was on a test rack using telemetering to get the true top speed. This was 407kph and his only comment on the stability was it gave a slight wiggle when he applied the brakes - other than that it was completely stable. I've read a number of reports on the F1 which commented on high speed instability - don't know about the Viper.
It'd be interesting to see what the European tuners can do to their performance vehicles - so many have a top speed of over 200mph as a starting point!

Old 08-09-2007, 04:01 PM   #20
HenriRow

if I'm correct, the Veyron is purposely de-tuned.

If it's engine and turbo's were running at their full capacity it would be pushing 3000 horsepower.

I guess Bugatti figured 1001 is enough for the everyday driver though

Reply to Thread New Thread