LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-13-2007, 11:04 AM   #1
Polopolop

A tC would be cooler than a civic.
________
Toyota celica gt-four specifications

Old 07-13-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
WUlcN1Rz

The Rabbit replaced the Golf...In the US anyways.

I still can't decide if I like the 2 door vs. the 4 door. I'll have to wait and see once I go to the dealer, which will hopefully be this weekend.
Hmmm looking at the website, the rabbit is very similar to what they called here the Golf V GT

As I said, for looks go 3 doors; for practicality go 5 doors

Edit*

You people get cars dirt cheap over there O.O For me that car would cost almost a third more of the price you have to pay >-/

Old 07-29-2007, 01:39 AM   #3
Stacypettlerr

Welp I know what I'm getting now

Go to pick it up on Tuesday. 2004 Mazda 6s I'm so excited....I mean I'll be going from.....

A '94 108HP bumper hanging off, only one speaker works, only FM radio, no power anything, broken heater, POS to a...

2004 212HP Fully loaded
http://www.capitalcpo.com/detail-200...s-1898415.html

[thumbup]

Old 07-29-2007, 02:58 AM   #4
Nifoziyfar

Hyundai Tiburon 2003 and newer with the V6.

Dodge SRT4 if your wanting speed

VW Golf with either 1.8L Turbo, 2.0L Turbo or even the 1.9L TDI for 45mpg average [thumbup]

Subaru WRX

Those are the 4 cars that I would look at.
WRX has AWD
SRT4 has the SPEED
Tibby has the looks and coupe body
Golf has the fuel economy in the Diesel

All these cars though can be modded to hell and back, so you can always have fun with them.

EDIT:
Oh damn. Thats an awesome looking ride. I love those Mazda 6's. I wouldn't mind owning a Speed 6. I had rather have a Speed 6 over an STi or Evo. Even with that V6, it is going to be one hell of a ride. Plus those Duratec motors are pretty strong themselves, so if you ever wanted to boost it, you easily could.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:21 AM   #5
BipiewExifese

buy my car

03 Audi A4 1.8t Quattro, 5 speed, Amulet red, 48.5k miles

$15,000

[thumbup]

Old 07-29-2007, 04:05 AM   #6
Stacypettlerr

EDIT:
Oh damn. Thats an awesome looking ride. I love those Mazda 6's. I wouldn't mind owning a Speed 6. I had rather have a Speed 6 over an STi or Evo. Even with that V6, it is going to be one hell of a ride. Plus those Duratec motors are pretty strong themselves, so if you ever wanted to boost it, you easily could. Yeah man when I saw it I was like wow that's awesome. And it was right in my price range. They were selling it for $16,000 but we got them to come down to $15,000. I just have to wait till I get paid on Tuesday before I can get it. So I'm going to call them Monday and they'll detail it and all that then Tuesday I have myself my first nice car

..Eventually I probably will get some intake and maybe an exhaust system.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:03 AM   #7
GtmFeqJJ

I went out in May looking for a newer car and landed myself an '02 SE-R Spec V. I paid 7000 down and financed the rest (5500). That included the price of the car, the 36,000 mile extended warranty, and tags/taxes. This was at CarMax. So far they (and the car) have been nothing but golden.
for the Record I bought a 2005 Sentra SE, brand new and fully loaded for $14,500 out the door IE after taxes and plates and title, I also got 60 months of financing at 1.5%. My car has all of the SE-R goodies other than the engine. It would have cost me about $1200 more to go to the SE-R Spec V which I thought seriously about. The car is terrible, but my point is that buying new is not a foolish move if you do your research and get a good deal, it will totally offset the huge drop in value when you drive it off the lot, and you still end up with a new car and a full warranty. My total savings came to about $5000 compared to sticker if my memory serves.

If I were to go out right now looking for a car, I would look at the Mazda Speed 3, Last time I checked with good credit and about $2500 down you can get one off the lot for right around $300/month if you go 60 months, And they are well they are sweet.

If I went a bit cheaper I would look at the Mazda 3s and the Scion tC, The Rabbit is kind of nice but I would spring for the GTi, Also I might check out the Civic Si. Before you buy anything, do your research, check resale values, look for bargains, and remember to negotiate on the price, I suggest you always leave the lot when you found the car you are looking for, then come back the next day with a clear head and your research done.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:10 AM   #8
Stacypettlerr

lol I already got a new car - was just letting people know 'cause I was excited. So I don't really need anymore suggestions. Thanks though

Old 07-29-2007, 06:07 AM   #9
HotDolly

1996 BMW 328i.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:17 AM   #10
vioppyskype

i miss my GLH and GLHS

Old 07-29-2007, 06:46 AM   #11
abOfU9nJ

get a 130bhp golf 1.9 turbo deisel. remap the badboy up to 180bhp easy. thats over 400Nm or about 300 lb-ft of torque. probably still get over 40mpg realistically too.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:02 AM   #12
Stacypettlerr

Default Looking to get a New/Used car next month - Suggestions?
So I've had the same POS car since I started driving (when I was 16). I'm 21 now and my car is about to die, 94 Geo Prizm that isn't in the greatest of shape. Anyways I need to start looking for a new car soon, seeing as I've never bought a new car (well a car from the dealership) I'm not sure what to expect. I will be able to do about $300 a month so I think I need to keep my budget around 10-14k.

I really like the new lancer but I know that's not going to happen, haha. I like coupes best, but open to 4 doors.

Any suggestions? [thumbup]

Old 11-07-2007, 08:26 AM   #13
courlerwele

honestly if I were you id get what ever I could afford to pay in full right now, and not make payments, why not just get a civic/accord ? those can be had for 5k easy and will be alot better than your geo was.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:49 AM   #14
rowneigerie

honestly if I were you id get what ever I could afford to pay in full right now, and not make payments, why not just get a civic/accord ? those can be had for 5k easy and will be alot better than your geo was.
what's wrong with making payments? you know some of us don't have money available to just drop on the spur of the moment to buy a car outright.

My advice:

1. Don't buy a new car, for the love of God.
2. Don't waste your time with used car dealers. Go to CarMax if there is one in your area. They won't give you bullshit or force you into anything or lie to your face. They also make it mindlessly easy to do the buying/financing/etc.
2. I'd stay away from Mitsubishi right now, as they are not in the best of times.
4. Best bang for the buck for a 2 door sport coupe would be an '05 Scion tC. Also if you don't mind 4 doors, look for good Mazda3's (although they hold value really well and might be out of your range)

I went out in May looking for a newer car and landed myself an '02 SE-R Spec V. I paid 7000 down and financed the rest (5500). That included the price of the car, the 36,000 mile extended warranty, and tags/taxes. This was at CarMax. So far they (and the car) have been nothing but golden.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:56 PM   #15
nuveem7070

Im not sure what prices for cars are like in your area but i would recomend getting a Honda Civic, as their cheap, reliable and if you get a version that has VTEC they are also extremely quick too. Other good ones are Volkswagen Golfs? Ford Focus? once again im not sure what sort of cars you got over there or their prices, but they should be fairly similar.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:03 PM   #16
WUlcN1Rz

As previously said, a honda civic would be a good option here or a golf. I would recommend a golf with the 1.8t engine, one of the best engines manufactured by VW, it'll serve you well

Old 11-07-2007, 04:40 PM   #17
Crundaangerge

As previously said, a honda civic would be a good option here or a golf. I would recommend a golf with the 1.8t engine, one of the best engines manufactured by VW, it'll serve you well
Or a 1999-2001 Audi A4 which is the same engine in a better looking body. Fantastic engines to mod as well.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #18
WUlcN1Rz

Or a 1999-2001 Audi A4 which is the same engine in a better looking body. Fantastic engines to mod as well.
I like that car too but I'd still pick the Golf (ignore my sig) The golf is lighter so it's more economic and quicker and if I am not mistaken it's also cheaper to buy

Old 11-07-2007, 10:56 PM   #19
courlerwele

what's wrong with making payments? you know some of us don't have money available to just drop on the spur of the moment to buy a car outright.

My advice:

1. Don't buy a new car, for the love of God.
2. Don't waste your time with used car dealers. Go to CarMax if there is one in your area. They won't give you bullshit or force you into anything or lie to your face. They also make it mindlessly easy to do the buying/financing/etc.
2. I'd stay away from Mitsubishi right now, as they are not in the best of times.
4. Best bang for the buck for a 2 door sport coupe would be an '05 Scion tC. Also if you don't mind 4 doors, look for good Mazda3's (although they hold value really well and might be out of your range)

thing is if you finance it, you have to worry about payments, so your you get laid off or something, your screwed, also the fact that you end up paying more for the car, since you pay interest.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:14 AM   #20
goatteatromiag

Agreed!

Reply to Thread New Thread