LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #1
GoodLover

I remember one time i got up, took a shower, got dressed went to work only to be greeted by a locked door and no lights.Apparently it was sunday morning not monday.Aces!!
Similar but it was a public holiday instead.

Old 07-13-2007, 03:51 PM   #2
vdw4Epsi

Try working shifts - you don't have a clue what time or day of the week it is. When a weekend doesn't automatically mean two days off - you start to not count the days. Let's face it, we all count the days till the weekend.

Hell, I've been speaking to customers in the past thinking it was a thursday and it was sunday. When you're in the same room, doing random shifts it's very hard to keep a track of what the day is.

My week is no longer 7 days, its 8 - 4 days of work then 4 days off, then every 7 weeks I get 17 days off. [thumbup]
I know your pain . . shift work . . , despite all its advantages, it has a few issues, and time-lapsing is one of them

Me I do: 6on / 6off and out of those 6 shifts I work its 3days and 3nights.

I'm always off about what the date or day of the week it is.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:36 PM   #3
Biassasecumma

Default Fook me, I lost a day lol!
I ordered something off the net, and wanted it for Friday. Of course this was basing it on being Friday today. Well I have been off since last sunday, been ill for like 3 days. I was concerned as parcel had only just shipped today. So I rang up OCUK with my concerns and said erm its thursday today

Fook me, dunno how I lost that day. Every happened to you guys?

Old 12-07-2007, 05:39 PM   #4
hauptdaunnila

Yes. I once thought it was monday, checked my calender and yep, it was monday alright.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
Stovegeothnon

Not bad keeping track of the days - it's the weeks that throw me sometimes.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:49 PM   #6
Quiniacab

The best is to wake up Saturday around 7am thinking it's Friday[thumbup]. The worst is waking up Monday thinking it's Sunday

Old 12-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #7
TXmjLW9b

Years back i had a friend in High School who woke up, put his uniform on and hope on the bus to school despite the fact it was Saturday.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:04 PM   #8
d1Bc25UP

I ordered something off the net, and wanted it for Friday. Of course this was basing it on being Friday today. Well I have been off since last sunday, been ill for like 3 days. I was concerned as parcel had only just shipped today. So I rang up OCUK with my concerns and said erm its thursday today

You didn't lose a day. You gained a day.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:06 PM   #9
TyncTyncSah

Yeah, I think if you'd lost a day it would have been Saturday. Still, I hate that "I don't know what day/time it is" feeling

Old 12-07-2007, 11:08 PM   #10
suingincentix

One day I got up early in the morning, got dressed and left the house on my way to Uni. On the I thought like "why are the streets so empty, is there a holiday I forgot about or what"? And then on campus I realized it was Sunday, and not Monday. I was pissed the whole day because Sunday is the only day where I can sleep as long as I want.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:31 PM   #11
SannyGlow

You didn't lose a day. You gained a day.
[rofl]

Old 12-08-2007, 12:37 AM   #12
MightyMasd

Try working shifts - you don't have a clue what time or day of the week it is. When a weekend doesn't automatically mean two days off - you start to not count the days. Let's face it, we all count the days till the weekend.

Hell, I've been speaking to customers in the past thinking it was a thursday and it was sunday. When you're in the same room, doing random shifts it's very hard to keep a track of what the day is.

My week is no longer 7 days, its 8 - 4 days of work then 4 days off, then every 7 weeks I get 17 days off. [thumbup]

Old 12-08-2007, 02:12 AM   #13
Doctor-CTAC

I remember one time i got up, took a shower, got dressed went to work only to be greeted by a locked door and no lights.Apparently it was sunday morning not monday.Aces!!

Old 12-08-2007, 02:40 AM   #14
rushiddink

Same here..been working shifts for 20 years. The only time I think about what day of the week it is, is when I do my paperwork.
And it makes life a bit less frustrating if you quit attaching any importance to what is considered the weekend.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:42 AM   #15
Dwerfsd

Not it quite such and embarrassing fashion. Personally I quite enjoy those times when I'm so disconnected from my usual life that I lose track of the days.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:03 AM   #16
SasV7ReJ

Thats crap but awesome at the same time [rofl]

Ive gone as far to get dressed shirt and tie for work to be asked wtf im dressed for work for on a saturday.

Reply to Thread New Thread