LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 06-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #1
AblemTee

[quote]I am sorry but... seeing the second and third matrix movies in HD, while they look really nice, does not make the movies any more coherent or understandable. They are still the same crappy sequels with the same bad story, pacing, etc.

I had my friend come over and bring his HD A2 player and we fired up the matrix movies and although the first one is still great, the second and third were still completely unbearable... yes! even in HD.

He was babbling on about the PQ, the quality of the transfer, blah blah blah. Ill just say, they look good! But at the end of the day, a turd in high def is still a turd, albeit a nice looking one.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:52 PM   #2
chadnezzrr

1st was definitely a masterpiece (except the craptacular acting by Keanu as always).

2nd one was a filler and not really outstanding but pieced things together good enough.

3rd was a thrill ride and a pleasure to watch on the big screen.

I love the series but love it more with the animated series to fill some gaps and make things make...more sense.

There is no spoon.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:32 AM   #3
BundEnhamma

I love the series but love it more with the animated series to fill some gaps and make things make...more sense.

There is no spoon.
Definatly agree. In fact, while I still liked the movies, whenI saw the Animatrix, I loved them EVEN more because I understood it that much better. I loved all 3, but I think the second one was the most boring.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:17 AM   #4
zbckFNlW

Default Guess what! I like The Matrix Revolutions.
I just finished watching The Matrix Revolutions HD DVD in my home theater and I have to say it was awesome. I haven't seen it in years and didn't remember much of it even as I was watching. It was veyr much like watching it for the first time. Everywhere I read about these movies people say they think it's a piece of kak but it just sounds like pretentious boobery to me now. It's a seriously action-packed movie. The audio track on the HD DVD holds a very high quality and has insane amounts of deep bass. My audio system plays flat to 18 Hz and it actually rattled my flapped the pant legs around my legs at times. [thumbup]

Old 10-06-2007, 08:26 AM   #5
agolutuaddiff

I was and still am a HUGE fan of the Matrix trilogy, people crapping on the sequals just dont understand them .

I have yet to see them in HD as I don't have a HD-DVD player and I have no idea when/if they are available on BD in the UK. As soon as I know i'll be getting it!

Glad you liked it, the battle scenes are VERY intense, especially the superhero-esque Neo/Smith fight nearing the end. [thumbup]

The continuation and understanding from the Animatrix flows so well, the whole backstory behind 01 and the machines is really quite something... what an imagination, I need to have another session with this trilogy real soon!

Old 10-06-2007, 10:35 AM   #6
AblemTee

I was and still am a HUGE fan of the Matrix trilogy, people crapping on the sequals just dont understand them .

I have yet to see them in HD as I don't have a HD-DVD player and I have no idea when/if they are available on BD in the UK. As soon as I know i'll be getting it!

Glad you liked it, the battle scenes are VERY intense, especially the superhero-esque Neo/Smith fight nearing the end. [thumbup]

The continuation and understanding from the Animatrix flows so well, the whole backstory behind 01 and the machines is really quite something... what an imagination, I need to have another session with this trilogy real soon!
Yeah the trilogy was decent, but decent only in my opinion.

And I think it's only 'decent' not because I don't understand it, but because it takes so much effort to fully understand it.

You shouldn't have to hop on message boards, watch the animatrix(which was absolutely fantastic by the way), play the games, etc etc etc just to get the full and complete story out of the trilogy.

Old 10-06-2007, 02:34 PM   #7
Zenthachall

As a cinematic experience I don't think anyone can disagree with you guys.
I thought the 2nd film was a damn good attempt at following up from the killer 1st.

The problem with Revolutions was the piss-poor child-like scripting; everyone including the mouse behind the skirting board had to be a hero before their time was up.
It ruined the atmosphere and nobody wanted to see this crap.
The vomit bag was full before the end of that film.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:09 PM   #8
movlabs

Yeah the trilogy was decent, but decent only in my opinion.

And I think it's only 'decent' not because I don't understand it, but because it takes so much effort to fully understand it.

You shouldn't have to hop on message boards, watch the animatrix(which was absolutely fantastic by the way), play the games, etc etc etc just to get the full and complete story out of the trilogy.
I don't think it's even worth "understanding," and that's coming from a movie fan who rather likes film trivia. There's far too little actual brain teaser or groundbreaking concepts considering the amount of intellectual posturing in the 2nd and the 3rd movie. Either that or I was too distracted by the general retardedness of the actors and their dialogue. For every cool thing that happens in the movie, there are three SELF IMPORTANT AND POMPOUSLY EXPRESSED event. Lines like "no one can see past the choices they don't understand" are pure crap. They may as well have dialogue like "one cannot eat food that does not exist," but then it would be too obvious.

In a way, I think the Wachowskis were smart enough to realize that they didn't have the skill to properly elucidate their ideas, or had too few ideas, and resorted to masturbatory vague references. With issues like creation, causality, and existentialism (etc etc etc) all typical fare for the metaphysical equivalent of infinite loop discussions, how can you go wrong, eh? Some fans find it worth their time to discuss the philosphy to hell and back, like here:
http://forums.matrixfans.net/showthread.php?t=18725

Old 10-06-2007, 08:42 PM   #9
zCLadw3R

As far as action sequences go, yeah they were great. Would love to see them in a nice HT like Tah's.

But as for everything else I preferred the first one.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:09 PM   #10
maclaudser

I liked the 1'st and the last -

I thought the 2'ond was grabbing @ strings with the vampires, warewolves - and cakes that make a woman orgasim.

ummm yea ...

Old 12-06-2007, 12:11 PM   #11
adverwork

I agree with you, it really is like seeing it again for the first time. Also, that scene when the sentinels invade Zion has incredible low end that seems to go even below 18hz.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:22 PM   #12
MgpojuWy

I am sorry but... seeing the second and third matrix movies in HD, while they look really nice, does not make the movies any more coherent or understandable. They are still the same crappy sequels with the same bad story, pacing, etc.

I had my friend come over and bring his HD A2 player and we fired up the matrix movies and although the first one is still great, the second and third were still completely unbearable... yes! even in HD.

He was babbling on about the PQ, the quality of the transfer, blah blah blah. Ill just say, they look good! But at the end of the day, a turd in high def is still a turd, albeit a nice looking one.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:24 PM   #13
adverwork

Yeah, a lot of people didn't really like the other two however having played all the games and watched the Animatrix I love the entire series. Very in depth and a great example of simulacra. [thumbup]

Old 12-06-2007, 03:26 PM   #14
MgpojuWy

Question though? Are they gonna bring the animatrix in HD? Cause that was actually GOOD..

Old 12-06-2007, 03:33 PM   #15
adverwork

Question though? Are they gonna bring the animatrix in HD? Cause that was actually GOOD..
That I dunno. I cannot believe that they didn't release it in HD in the HD DVD set. [thumbdown]

However, with an upscaling DVD player it holds up really well since it is animated. Also, apparently if you purchase the collection and not the ultimate edition you can download it from somewhere. If you look in the Blu-ray review thread under user reviews you can see some screenshots I took.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:20 AM   #16
zbckFNlW

It's possible that no HD master exists for Animatrix.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:24 AM   #17
adverwork

It's possible that no HD master exists for Animatrix.
Time to do a telecine then. [yes]

Old 12-07-2007, 03:00 AM   #18
en-druzhba

I don't know about everybody else but the first matrix was amazing, it kept a scense of realism to it but mixing the sci-fi elements into what appeared to be everyday life.

2 & 3 obviously had some good action in them but took a completely side than #1 and just went all out sci-fi. As far i'm concerned they could of stopped at the first one because the outcome of 2/3 didn't do anything for me compared to how the first ended

Reply to Thread New Thread