LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-06-2007, 08:26 PM   #1
Galsteinbok

Default Vodaphone and Greece question
Simple question.

How do i send a txt message from gmail/ or an email to a vodaphone gr phone in a form of sms message? Not an email, but a txt/sms message.
I tried; myphonenumber@vodaphone.gr but that didnt work

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:07 PM   #2
BiseCreesia

I dont know if this is any help. But when I email text my fiance, I can only reply to her and only once per message. That is prob why you cant get a text through, have the person in greece email you from thier phone, and you should be able to reply to it.

Not the most efficient system, thats why I eventually got 2 phones lol, one with a Voda sim on roaming here in Bermuda where its free, and my local for texting out so she only pays the local text rate. I cant believe how expensive texting is out there, here I get unlimited to any where in the world for about $5 a month

Old 07-06-2007, 09:15 PM   #3
Galsteinbok

Im here on vacation, so i want my gf to txt me, shes in Canada. Could it be cause i have use phone cards to recharge my phone? I can make all the calls i want, local and overseas.

i tried emaling my self from the phone to my gmail, but i got Network Error. Might go to local vodaphone store and see what they have to say.

But yes, the system here is retarded and WAY over priced. [thumbdown]

Old 07-06-2007, 09:23 PM   #4
BiseCreesia

Well you could try the vodafone live thing from the web site, I do think you can text a phone from the web site for a cost there, but I have never tried it because at the time I was not a vodafone customer

I just use pay as you go now for when I am in the UK, when I am in Bermuda the phone is roaming and there is no cost to me for recieving text messages so its nice even tho I dont have credit on it atm

Old 07-06-2007, 09:30 PM   #5
Galsteinbok

I just went to the shop where i got the phone, and they told me that all emails and txt messages have to be sent from their vodaphone website to my phone, or another pgone, and that i cant send it directly from an email account to my phone. ... bahhh..lol

Thanks again.

Reply to Thread New Thread