LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #1
Loxaeed

Default Car Opinion
I would like to hear some opinions on the following 3 vehicles:

2007 Tiburon GS Sport (New)
2007 Civic Coupe LX (New)
2006 RSX (Used)

If you were to pick out of one of these, which would you go for? List some pros and cons, as well as the final verdict of which you would opt for. Price range is very similar, the RSX being higher/lower depending on condition/mileage/etc.

Take into consideration things like Fuel Efficiency, Design, Driving Comfort, Power, Features, Safety, etc.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #2
Xlkl9SFd

I would like to hear some opinions on the following 3 vehicles:

2007 Tiburon GS Sport (New)
2007 Civic Coupe LX (New)
2006 RSX (Used)

If you were to pick out of one of these, which would you go for? List some pros and cons, as well as the final verdict of which you would opt for. Price range is very similar, the RSX being higher/lower depending on condition/mileage/etc.

Take into consideration things like Fuel Efficiency, Design, Driving Comfort, Power, Features, Safety, etc.
I would go with the 2007 Tiburon. I wouldn't even consider the used RSX. A good sports car that has NOT been modified, abused, or raced are hard to come by. If you were looking into family sedans, vans, etc I would definitely recommend used cars though.

Go test drive 07' Tiburon and Civic and you will know why I'm recommending the Tiburon over Civic. However, if you can afford a Civic Si, get it.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:48 PM   #3
Loxaeed

Si is a big no I'm afraid. Price is too high, and requires Premium fuel. So yeah, that's not gonna happen.

The Tib does look quite nice, but the Civic does have a much better fuel efficiency, which is quite important in my books.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:01 PM   #4
kimaddison

the Civic does have a much better fuel efficiency, which is quite important in my books.
Enough to offset the extra cost of premium fuel?

Old 07-06-2007, 12:00 AM   #5
psbiuigw

I would personally take the RSX.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:20 AM   #6
Loxaeed

Enough to offset the extra cost of premium fuel?
Only the Si uses premium. All other ones (LX is the one I'm looking at) uses regular.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:09 AM   #7
Xlkl9SFd

Only the Si uses premium. All other ones (LX is the one I'm looking at) uses regular.
They are both very nice cars actually but like I said, go test drive both Tiburon and Civic. You'll know which one you like better. When you go test drive them, make sure they let you drive the exact model you want.

FYI, Hyundai Tiburon will have a brand new design next year and Civic will also have a new design by 2009.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:09 AM   #8
Ekrbcbvh

I like the 2007 Tiburon, fantastic looking car IMO.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:54 AM   #9
kimaddison

Civic will also have a new design by 2009.
Wasn't it all new for 2006? Or was that 2005? Either way would be a year or two too soon based on typical cycles.

Roger that. I misunderstood.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:13 AM   #10
Loxaeed

8th gen Civic (2006, 2007) is the current ones. It won't be changing for 2008 either. There's no way I'm waiting for a car for another few years I'm afraid.

I will definitely be testing both rides throughly. Here are a few points that I noticed about each:

Civic - better fuel efficiency, ABS, side airbags, 60/40 rear seat drop, dashboard design
Tiburon - Nicer exterior, stock comes with tint & fogs, 50/50 rear seat drop, sunroof, better sound system, rear wipers, console design
RSX - can be cheaper, best exterior, better car overall

However, Honda does make better cars in general, and the parts are probably cheaper to replace and such. So that can be a factor as well. Wish Acura didn't discontinue the RSX...

Old 07-06-2007, 02:45 AM   #11
Gasfghj

Dont get the Civic, unless you're going for a Si, and when you buy either RSX or Tiburon, you're going to want to put premium in both cars. I had the luxury of actually driving alot of cars in my life and I have driven each of the ones you listed, personally I would go with a RSX, it has the best "Oomph" in my opinion I could get technical and go into details but as someone already stated it, test drive the cars and see for yourself.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:55 AM   #12
Loxaeed

Can you give reasons why you're saying no to a Civic except the Si? I'm not planning to race with them, this is for d2d driving. Performance/Power is the least important thing in my books. The "Oomph" is really not that important for me, as long as it's a comfortable ride with nice features and good fuel efficiency that doesn't go highway robbery on my bank account.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:18 AM   #13
Gozmand

The Tiburon looks great and handles good too, almost bought one myself.

Then again, I hear the RSX handles even better, so that is what I would go for.
Some people prefer less car as new, compared to more car 2nd hand. I don't.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:22 AM   #14
Loxaeed

I should also add the Pontiac G5 Coupe as well to the list. The G5 SE looks like a great contender as well.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:28 AM   #15
Gasfghj

Can you give reasons why you're saying no to a Civic except the Si? I'm not planning to race with them, this is for d2d driving. Performance/Power is the least important thing in my books. The "Oomph" is really not that important for me, as long as it's a comfortable ride with nice features and good fuel efficiency that doesn't go highway robbery on my bank account.
Can you list out exactly what you want in your new car? from most wanted to not so wanting dipping into "wouldent mind having" I'll try to cook up something. Right now it looks like you're into the "looks" department and good MPG. just make the list and I'll give it a shot [thumbup]

Old 07-06-2007, 03:39 AM   #16
Loxaeed

Alright, here's the stuff that I look for most:

Highest Priority
----------------------
- Price
- Fuel Efficiency (regular only, no premium)
- Coupe/Hatchback/Small
- Auto
- Intermittent wipers
- A/C
- Power Windows, Lock
- Remote Entry
- 60/40 or 50/50 fold down trunk pass-through
- at least 1 aux input for MP3
- General safety features
- General quality of car, stability

Middle Priority
---------------------
- ABS
- Front seat headroom
- Exterior Design
- Dashboard Design
- Colour

Lowest Priority
---------------------
- Performance/Speed
- 16" Wheels

Factors that really don't mean much
----------------------------------------------------
- any other features I have not mentioned above. Examples are things like sunroof, better audio systems, navi, etc.

Current cars I'm considering
----------------------------------------
- 07 Civic LX
- 07 Tiburon GS Sport
- 07 G5 SE

Old 07-06-2007, 03:44 AM   #17
Gasfghj

One last question, what's your budget range?

Old 07-06-2007, 03:47 AM   #18
Loxaeed

MSRP needs to be lower than 23k CDN.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:45 AM   #19
HassFks

8th gen Civic (2006, 2007) is the current ones. It won't be changing for 2008 either. There's no way I'm waiting for a car for another few years I'm afraid.

I will definitely be testing both rides throughly. Here are a few points that I noticed about each:

Civic - better fuel efficiency, ABS, side airbags, 60/40 rear seat drop, dashboard design
Tiburon - Nicer exterior, stock comes with tint & fogs, 50/50 rear seat drop, sunroof, better sound system, rear wipers, console design
RSX - can be cheaper, best exterior, better car overall

However, Honda does make better cars in general, and the parts are probably cheaper to replace and such. So that can be a factor as well. Wish Acura didn't discontinue the RSX...
hmm what is wrong with the TSX? if i could afford it I would buy a TSX.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:12 AM   #20
Loxaeed

Problem is that TSXs start at 37k CDN. Besides, not looking for a sedan.

Reply to Thread New Thread