LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-01-2007, 05:01 AM   #1
YonkFiorc

Default How to hardwire my Snooper into the car?
Hey all passed my driving test today (woo!) so to make sure i keep it, i purchased a Snooper Evolution hehe (already got points from motorbike...)

http://www.snooperuk.com/products/sn...ion/index.html

While it comes with a ciggy charger to power it, it also has a supplied hardwire cable but alas, no instructions on how to install it. Can anyone tell me the correct way to connect it? i havent a clue im afraid lol.

Any advice appreciated, except for drive slower

Oh i have a 1.6 Polo btw

Old 05-01-2007, 05:14 AM   #2
Misiotoagodia

sorry to say it but you should drive more carefully and stick to the speed limits where applicable...

ok I speed from time to time so Im not a saint but to get a snooper just so you can speed is mental.

and youve only just passed too what does that tell me about your driving attitude.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:21 AM   #3
Misiotoagodia

you most likely connect one wire to your ignition switch and the other to a bolt somewhere or patch it in to an existing wire.

or if your really gash patch both wires into your head units power supply which is switchable from the ignition switch

Old 05-01-2007, 05:22 AM   #4
YonkFiorc

sorry to say it but you should drive more carefully and stick to the speed limits where applicable...

ok I speed from time to time so Im not a saint but to get a snooper just so you can speed is mental.

and youve only just passed too what does that tell me about your driving attitude.
i've had a full motorbike liscence for over a year and only got flashed for the first time the other week, i dont want to take the risk of being flashed just once more and loosing my liscence all together. i drive safely to my own ability, and the only reason i was snapped was because i didnt know the area i was in and 61mph along a 50 dualcarrage isnt going to give me nightmares.

i dont want judgement from people who think i shoudlnt be on the road, what i want is advice on hardwiring only please

Old 05-01-2007, 05:24 AM   #5
YonkFiorc

you most likely connect one wire to your ignition switch and the other to a bolt somewhere or patch it in to an existing wire.

or if your really gash patch both wires into your head units power supply which is switchable from the ignition switch
it sounds about right, i also believe u can crimp off an existing 12v line with special clamps...but i dont know how to do it!

Old 05-01-2007, 05:28 AM   #6
Misiotoagodia

i've had a full motorbike liscence for over a year and only got flashed for the first time the other week, i dont want to take the risk of being flashed just once more and loosing my liscence all together. i drive safely to my own ability, and the only reason i was snapped was because i didnt know the area i was in and 61mph along a 50 dualcarrage isnt going to give me nightmares.

i dont want judgement from people who think i shoudlnt be on the road, what i want is advice on hardwiring only please
ive done both for you.

its not really judgement but If your really worried about loosing your licence through speeding just drive at the roads designated speed.

simple really

also the snooper will be more of a distraction for you with it whistling and farting when you get strobed when you supposed to be consentrating on the matter of driving.

ive seen people on motorways suddenly brake hard because of these detection devices detecting cameras ect on the other side of the road.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:31 AM   #7
YonkFiorc

well i wont even engage u on a discussion on whether or not snoopers are a good idea or not, i really cant be bothered to justify myself lol.

thanks for the information tho much appreciated, im hoping some other snooper owners can show me pics of how to instal the hardwire...im sure its simple and if possilble i want to avoid paying a garage to do it.

Reply to Thread New Thread