LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-18-2006, 12:16 AM   #1
BCVB9SOc

Default Screaming children piss me off.
The other day I had to put up with some bratty 2-3 year old screaming like somebody was murdering him for about a half hour.

I wanted to kill myself.

The parents were doing NOTHING to help the situation, they just let the kid keep on screaming. Not all children are bad, but it seems like many people are bringing their kids out in public, with no concern about how it impacts others. Why should I have to sit through that? Some people think that we should have to deal with it, but I think you should not take your child to public places if they won't shut the **** up, and you won't do anything to stop them.

Old 05-18-2006, 12:34 AM   #2
Flefebleaft

I get very annoyed with ill behaved children myself.

When my kids were small if they created a scene then we got up and left. I also made a point of not putting my children in situations that they were to immature for.

Many parents are so self centered that they drag 2 year olds to high class restaurants and expect them to sit thru a 2 1/2- 3 hour meal. You have to start out small taking your kids to public places until they are capable of having some self control.

Children also learn very quickly that they can manipulate their parents in a public setting. Parents that would correct their child in some way are often afraid to because there are so many people just watching for you to do something they consider abusive

Old 05-18-2006, 12:41 AM   #3
MFSSCW2c

Be thankful that you're not in the UK, parents aren't even allowed to give their children a soft slap to tell them off. [rolleyes]

It never did me any harm..

Old 05-18-2006, 12:43 AM   #4
BCVB9SOc

Be thankful that you're not in the UK, parents aren't even allowed to give their children a soft slap to tell them off. [rolleyes]

It never did me any harm..
I do not support violence the correct the behavior of a child.

Old 05-18-2006, 12:44 AM   #5
MFSSCW2c

A soft slap on the arse isn't violence IMO, it will deter them from doing it again. (or at least it did me)

Old 05-18-2006, 12:46 AM   #6
BCVB9SOc

A soft slap on the arse isn't violence IMO, it will deter them from doing it again. (or at least it did me)
Yeah it is.

Old 05-18-2006, 12:49 AM   #7
JacomoR

Yeah it is.
Wrong. You also clearly have issues with it, i also recived punishment when i was younger and ive turned out very well, my younger brother did not and hes a druggy now and couldnt give 2 tosses about anyone.

how can you say a gentle slap is voilence? are you one of those people who say youve been assaulted just because someone touched you [thumbdown]

Old 05-18-2006, 12:55 AM   #8
BCVB9SOc

Wrong. You also clearly have issues with it, i also recived punishment when i was younger and ive turned out very well, my younger brother did not and hes a druggy now and couldnt give 2 tosses about anyone.

how can you say a gentle slap is voilence? are you one of those people who say youve been assaulted just because someone touched you [thumbdown]
If my fiancee was doing something that I did not like, could I slap her so she stops?

Why do it to a child? It's obviously intended to hurt them, it if didn't, you would not do it because they would not respond.

Old 05-18-2006, 12:56 AM   #9
DrJonson

Yeah it is.
No it isnt [no]

Old 05-18-2006, 12:57 AM   #10
BCVB9SOc

No it isnt [no]
Again, yeah it is.

This is not a let's beat the children thread, let's get back to topic.

Old 05-18-2006, 12:58 AM   #11
JacomoR

If my fiancee was doing something that I did not like, could I slap her so she stops?

Why do it to a child? It's obviously intended to hurt them, it if didn't, you would not do it because they would not respond.
No you would tell her to not to do it and should have have the maturity to undestand, where as a youngster has not matured enough to know the wrong and rights.

This sort of punishment has been around for ever and has only recently been out lawed, thign is its nowadays that kids are total scum and have no respect or care for anything or anyone.

Old 05-18-2006, 12:59 AM   #12
DrJonson

Again, yeah it is.

This is not a let's beat the children thread, let's get back to topic.
Em dude you are the one who disagree'd with that person's post it was basically
a reply to your original post, so you took it off topic lol

Old 05-18-2006, 01:03 AM   #13
BCVB9SOc

No you would tell her to not to do it and should have have the maturity to undestand, where as a youngster has not matured enough to know the wrong and rights.

This sort of punishment has been around for ever and has only recently been out lawed, thign is its nowadays that kids are total scum and have no respect or care for anything or anyone.
I would not tell her what to do.

So you don't deny that it is violence? Should I slap mentally handicapped people when they don't do what I want. They don't know any better.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:10 AM   #14
praboobolbode

So how would you handle the situation?

Old 05-18-2006, 01:11 AM   #15
JacomoR

So you don't deny that it is violence? Should I slap mentally handicapped people when they don't do what I want. They don't know any better.
You wouldnt tell a woman to stop doing somehting that anoyed you? then your clearly weak minded.

No i wudnt slap a mentally retared person as there space for leanring and understanding has cleanrly been destroyed by whatever illness they have, where as a childs capasity for leanring is huge in comparison.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:13 AM   #16
praboobolbode

No i wudnt slap a mentally retared person as there space for leanring and understanding has cleanrly been destroyed by whatever illness they have
That would depend on what specific illness they have. Just because they aren't normal doesn't mean they don't understand discipline.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:14 AM   #17
BCVB9SOc

So how would you handle the situation?
I don't have children, and I don't plan on having any, so I don't need to find a solution to keeping a child quite. I do know violence is not an option.

My solution to children not causing public disruption, keep them at home until they have can behave.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:14 AM   #18
xanax-buy-online.com

If you realy want to be padantic pretty much all forms of "punishment" physical, or not "could" be classed as violence, after all you don't reward for doing bad things now do we? Just to clarify, mental punishment, like grounding, sent to your room etc... are all types of mental abuse, if you wanted to look at it that way.

There;s really little point in bringing in new situations such as handicapped people. It;s a completely different kettle of fish.

Personnaly, I was hit when I did wrong. Now I'm a pretty decent guy, don't break any major laws. Being hit never did me any harm, nor me! [cursing]

Old 05-18-2006, 01:15 AM   #19
praboobolbode

My solution to children not causing public disruption, keep them at home until they have can behave.
Good thing you don't want to have kids. You would be a parent raising the very kids that you hate.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:17 AM   #20
IvJlNwum

I am a parent.

What needs to be understood is that at anytime (depending on the age of the child) the level of what a young child can communicate (pain, discomfort, frustration, etc.) can be vastly different. Nor, should we blame th child (sure - there's bad kids, but usually there's a bad parent close by, or a condition)

When my son was young he had multiple ear infections. These can come on at any time and the pain is significant. It's not always avoidable nor controllable.

Certainly, a parent can remove the child and probably should if they are able.

I'd check myslef to make sure I was really realizing the full range of possibilities and exercise some compassion before anger.

Reply to Thread New Thread