LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-25-2007, 09:00 PM   #1
BenBoobmers

Default Virtual Private Hosting Questions
I currently have a Business PRO shared hosting package with 1and1.co.uk and so far they have been fine with no downime and fairly decent customer support, although I know many people say bad things about them, I have been happy so far.

I was aware at the begining that the MySQL databases were limited to 100MB, however I didnt think I would need anymore space, but it turns out I was wrong.

They are now offering a Virtual Private Server for the same price (£15 ex vat pm ) of the shared package which includes Plesk and Virtuozzo Control Panel. The package also includes unlimited MySQL Databases and there is no restrictions on the size of the database.

Now my questions are

The package also includes only 1 IP address, is ths a problem

Is there any cons to a VPS

Old 04-25-2007, 09:33 PM   #2
yasmin

I don't see what problems you'd have with only one IP... If it's a virtual infrastructure the only real issue is oversubcription...

Old 04-25-2007, 09:54 PM   #3
BenBoobmers

I don't see what problems you'd have with only one IP... If it's a virtual infrastructure the only real issue is oversubcription...
Yeah thats my concern as well, but I am starting to think that the shared hosting package I am on now is over subscribed , plus the MySQL limit is crazy

Old 04-26-2007, 01:20 AM   #4
denyffishh

my work offer VPS servers for good prices (www.xtrahost.co.uk) and you get 2 ip's as standard. we also allow you to choose what distro you want and you can do anything you want with it much like a dedicated server package.

virtual private servers are really good, but what worries me about 1and1.co.uk is that they dont say how much memory each VPS is given which leads me to think they might not give u a dedicated amount of RAM (which could lead to overselling)

Reply to Thread New Thread