LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-12-2006, 09:55 PM   #1
esdfsdflast

Default What would you do?
Here is the situation. You are currently involved in a healthy relationship with your girl/boy friend. You've been dating for a few weeks and the relationship hasn't progressed to a sexual level.

One day you're walking around in a mall without your girl/boy friend. You bump into someone from your past, someone that you always had feelings for but never got together for whatever reason.

You two start talking, catching up on old times, etc... Then you hear these words "I've always liked you but I screwed up and never came to you with my feelings. I really regret that and now that I've found you after all these years I'm not willing to give you up again." Next thing you know you're lips are locked and although you enjoy it for a brief moment you then realize you're already in a relationship.

Now this person is someone you deeply wanted at one point (and still do!) and if not for your current relationship you wouldn't think twice of giving it a go.

What would you do? Would you break things off in your current relationship and give it a shot or would you tell this person that you're currently in a relationship that you're happy with?

P.S. The person from your past is making sexual advances (and you like it!). [surrender]

Old 08-12-2006, 10:01 PM   #2
boleroman

That is undoubtedly a really tough situation. I honestly couldn't tell you what I would do. You can look at it from the standpoint, if it were meant to be it would have already happened. But at the same time it seems you have deep welled feeling towards this person in the mall. If I were you I would worry about your current relationship and see what kind of feelings devlop there, since you say you haven't been together all that long. Who knows maybe you could end up feeling more for the one you are with right now.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:03 PM   #3
milfovoxapl

If the attraction was so strong between you and this person and the mall that you actually kissed her even though you don't really know her that well then yeah I would probably dump your current girlfriend and go out with this one from the past.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:12 PM   #4
Savviioor

It's a gamble. It's like that gameshow "deal or no deal", where sometimes you are guarenteed to get a very respectable amount of money, if you turn it down you might get double that amount, but you could also go home with nothing.

Different ppl will play that game differently, some will take the money, some will gamble, so it depends what kind of person you are.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:20 PM   #5
u2ZQGC6b

Stupid post ignore

Old 08-12-2006, 10:23 PM   #6
milfovoxapl

I guess it depends on how much you value your current relationship really. Personally I'd watch out for these kind of advances cos it usually means "Yeah the guy who I dumped you for recently dumped me, I'm feeling pretty low about myself and plus I'm horny, I'm not getting any anymore, oh, sorry. I mean after we split up I came to realise what an amazing person you really were I was stupid to give you up, blah, blah, blah." If you are clever though you might get some free sex.
He has never dated her before.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:25 PM   #7
u2ZQGC6b

He has never dated her before.
Shows how much attention I paid to his post. Still I stand by the free sex bit.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:34 PM   #8
IntinyBut

i will probably tell her the truth that i am now seeing somebody. i think relationship is not only about sexual but honesty too. i know if im not being truth with my partner sooner or later she will do the same to me too. hm thats my oppinion

[surrender]

Old 08-12-2006, 10:51 PM   #9
esdfsdflast

i will probably tell her the truth that i am now seeing somebody. i think relationship is not only about sexual but honesty too. i know if im not being truth with my partner sooner or later she will do the same to me too. hm thats my oppinion

[surrender]
Cheating isn't on the menu, it would be one or the other.

Life sucks! hah. [surrender]

Old 08-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #10
lXwVlTgO

Well if it was me i'd sleep with them both and then decide.

Old 08-12-2006, 11:08 PM   #11
prmwsinfo

Here is the situation. You are currently involved in a healthy relationship with your girl/boy friend. You've been dating for a few weeks and the relationship hasn't progressed to a sexual level.

One day you're walking around in a mall without your girl/boy friend. You bump into someone from your past, someone that you always had feelings for but never got together for whatever reason.

You two start talking, catching up on old times, etc... Then you hear these words "I've always liked you but I screwed up and never came to you with my feelings. I really regret that and now that I've found you after all these years I'm not willing to give you up again." Next thing you know you're lips are locked and although you enjoy it for a brief moment you then realize you're already in a relationship.

Now this person is someone you deeply wanted at one point (and still do!) and if not for your current relationship you wouldn't think twice of giving it a go.

What would you do? Would you break things off in your current relationship and give it a shot or would you tell this person that you're currently in a relationship that you're happy with?

P.S. The person from your past is making sexual advances (and you like it!). [surrender]
Get'em both drunk and go for the 3some [thumbup]. That's what I'd do anyways. [yes]

edit: If the 3some isn't your thing then I like horrorwood's response as well. It's kinda like a free sample before you buy.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:05 AM   #12
esdfsdflast

Get'em both drunk and go for the 3some [thumbup]. That's what I'd do anyways. [yes]

edit: If the 3some isn't your thing then I like horrorwood's response as well. It's kinda like a free sample before you buy.
The one met at the mall wouldn't be an issue but the one currently in a relationship with... Could be months before that step comes.

And once again, cheating isn't on the menu.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:13 AM   #13
Franchise

Depends on what you want most out of a relationship. I know I don't know all the details, but it sounds like you are thinking with your penis first. I'd rather have something that matters than some cheap meaningless thrills with someone. But that's just me.

Hope you decide right.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:23 AM   #14
prmwsinfo

The one met at the mall wouldn't be an issue but the one currently in a relationship with... Could be months before that step comes.

And once again, cheating isn't on the menu.
hehe, I was more just kidding around with ya. It's a tough call but I can almost garuntee you that if you keep hanging around with the girl from the mall that something will happen. Personally I wouldn't trust anyone from my past just running up to me and saying stuff like that. You've both probably changed a lot depending on how long it's been. I know that I am really not the same person I was when I was 18 now that I am 25. This all depends on how long it's been since you've seen her though.

Old 08-13-2006, 01:41 AM   #15
Arrecteve

What do you like about number 1 and number 2?

You are obviously still with number 1 and have been for the last few weeks, so there is obviously something between you. Can you see that relationship going anywhere?

Number 2 on the other hand, other then "her not coming to you with her feelings" did you ever tell her how you felt?

What was the actual reason you 2 did not hit it of back then?

You could tell number 1 and she might want to seal the deal with you.

Old 08-13-2006, 02:33 AM   #16
esdfsdflast

What do you like about number 1 and number 2?

You are obviously still with number 1 and have been for the last few weeks, so there is obviously something between you. Can you see that relationship going anywhere?

Number 2 on the other hand, other then "her not coming to you with her feelings" did you ever tell her how you felt?

What was the actual reason you 2 did not hit it of back then?

You could tell number 1 and she might want to seal the deal with you.
Well number 1 is sort of one of those we just hooked up kind of things. Met at a store and chatted a bit and have been sort of dating since then. Get along alright but it really hasn't become anything serious. A few kisses here and there but for the most part just been really good friends. Wouldn't mind it progressing further than that though and I think it will in time.

Number 2... Its both our faults... I was sort of shy when I was younger (16 then 22 now) and she was a pretty popular girl. We were friends and all that but I never really made a move. I used to hear rumors that she liked me, but didn't know if they were true as she never gave me any kind of signals. Although thinking back on that it may have just been my shyness and inexperience that led me to not seeing them.

Its been almost 4 years since I've seen her so yeah shes changed for sure and so have I. We both seemed to have chemistry as we were talking though which was both a blessing and a curse.

I told #1 everything that happen and she wasn't too happy about the kiss. (understandable really) But she told me shes willing to forget it and continue the relationship if I was willing. She obviously cares for me if shes willing to forget it. bah... would have been 100x easier if she got pissed to hell and told me to go to hell. [rofl]

So on the one hand, got one who does obviously care for me and it may get serious in future.

Got another that wants to get serious now but have no idea if things will work out or just end up being one of those "its been fun bye" kind of things.

Old 08-13-2006, 03:19 AM   #17
Arrecteve

Number 1 seems kind of cool and lets you know how she feels and likes you for you.

Hummm....

If it was me and this is of course just my opinion, i would look at number 2 as one of those chances missed or if you are suppose to get together you will in the future.

Old 08-13-2006, 04:08 AM   #18
Franchise

Well number 1 is sort of one of those we just hooked up kind of things. Met at a store and chatted a bit and have been sort of dating since then. Get along alright but it really hasn't become anything serious. A few kisses here and there but for the most part just been really good friends. Wouldn't mind it progressing further than that though and I think it will in time.

Number 2... Its both our faults... I was sort of shy when I was younger (16 then 22 now) and she was a pretty popular girl. We were friends and all that but I never really made a move. I used to hear rumors that she liked me, but didn't know if they were true as she never gave me any kind of signals. Although thinking back on that it may have just been my shyness and inexperience that led me to not seeing them.

Its been almost 4 years since I've seen her so yeah shes changed for sure and so have I. We both seemed to have chemistry as we were talking though which was both a blessing and a curse.

I told #1 everything that happen and she wasn't too happy about the kiss. (understandable really) But she told me shes willing to forget it and continue the relationship if I was willing. She obviously cares for me if shes willing to forget it. bah... would have been 100x easier if she got pissed to hell and told me to go to hell. [rofl]

So on the one hand, got one who does obviously care for me and it may get serious in future.

Got another that wants to get serious now but have no idea if things will work out or just end up being one of those "its been fun bye" kind of things.
Good move. Looks like you got a winner with you already. Only some could be so lucky. [yes]

Old 08-13-2006, 05:06 AM   #19
glazgoR@

manage et toi ?

Old 08-13-2006, 05:23 AM   #20
esdfsdflast

manage et toi ?
These girls are selfish, won't fly.

I decided to stick with #1, #2 took it well and understood. Although she did leave me her complete contact info, told me to call her if things don't work out with my current girl.

Well thats that.

[ban]me for being an idiot.

Reply to Thread New Thread