LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 06-10-2006, 07:39 PM   #1
Ggskbpbz

Default UK'ers - question about Currys...
I recently bought an Xbox 360 from Currys, but i've come to my own conclusion to say I don't really like this console at all and i'd rather stick to my PC. However, since it is in like new condition, is it possible to return it to Currys where I bought it from with the original reciept?

I don't suppose it is, but I thought i'd ask.

Old 06-10-2006, 07:50 PM   #2
seervezex

Very doubtful, as I know they are a bugger when it comes to returning anything, especially if it is working OK.

Old 06-10-2006, 07:55 PM   #3
Ggskbpbz

Very doubtful, as I know they are a bugger when it comes to returning anything, especially if it is working OK.
I remember once I was able to get a replacement on a PS2 console for absolutely nothing since it gave the disc read error, but my parents exchanged it for me back then since I was still rather young.

However, if I decide to flog it on ebay, then i'm going to make a huge loss, but i've decided I don't really want this console alot as it isn't what I expected when I first bought it. I'd rather just use my PS2, believe it or not.

Old 06-10-2006, 08:02 PM   #4
BrifsGefel

You need to check their returns policy and see whether you can get the full price back. Otherwise it's Gamestation for you.

Old 06-10-2006, 08:03 PM   #5
alenbarbaf

It depend's on the customer-service person you deal with,Curry's,dixon's and PC World(same company) have a - return unwanted open item - refund choice on their computer's,but it's a lottery on the where they will accept back the good's or get a nice CS person too use this option,probably not as it's quite an expensive item too,just My opinion but maybe ring round a couple of store's and see what they say.Cheer's

Old 06-10-2006, 08:04 PM   #6
Nglvayhp

Didn't you try one before you bought it?

Old 06-10-2006, 08:06 PM   #7
animilius

My question to you is, why should they accept it back?

Old 06-10-2006, 08:26 PM   #8
selayeffethy

Exactly, do you take a half eaten hamburger back to Burger King and say "I'd like my money back, it's not as tasty as I expected"

If you've had it more than 7 days I'd suspect they'll tell you to go take a walk

Old 06-10-2006, 08:38 PM   #9
h4z1XBI7

Exactly. What are they going to do with it? They can't sell it on for the original price. I know I wouldn't want a "new" console that someone else had opened and used.

GamerG, just stick it on eBay, it's not Currys' problem, it's your problem. Yes, you'll make a loss, but you should have thought of that before shelling out the cash.

Old 06-10-2006, 09:00 PM   #10
reawnvam

You have 28 days to return non faulty goods in the original packaging, and unused. You cannot take it back if you don't like it. I am sorry, your a good guy but I used to hate people like you when I worked in retail. I used to get people every day bringing back cd's or consoles could they not like it, my reply was "Does this look like a hire shop?"

Old 06-10-2006, 09:05 PM   #11
Ggskbpbz

You're right guys. I'd agree it's my problem, but before I bought it, I was persuaded into buying one by several people, including others on here, but I don't think it's right for me.

I guess ebay is my only option. The thought of losing towards a potential 100 quid hurts. Thanks for the advice though people.

Old 06-10-2006, 09:17 PM   #12
Infellgedq

Well you could always make up an interesting story about it.

For example, I think David Hasselhoff is still doing his book signings around England. You could always buy one of his books and then get him to sign the console or something.

Old 06-11-2006, 05:00 AM   #13
himecthekWiff

Well you could always make up an interesting story about it.

For example, I think David Hasselhoff is still doing his book signings around England. You could always buy one of his books and then get him to sign the console or something.
I'd buy a 360 that's been signed by "The Hoff". I'd ask him to sign it "The Hoff", too.

Old 06-11-2006, 06:05 AM   #14
boanuatiguali

Swap it for a Tikka Masala!

[rofl]

Old 06-11-2006, 06:09 AM   #15
animilius

You're right guys. I'd agree it's my problem, but before I bought it, I was persuaded into buying one by several people, including others on here, but I don't think it's right for me.
So your saying its our fault?

Want us to set up a paypal fund to get you your money back?

Old 06-11-2006, 06:41 AM   #16
Galvanoidum

use it as a door stop

Old 07-10-2006, 07:39 AM   #17
Ggskbpbz

So your saying its our fault?

Want us to set up a paypal fund to get you your money back?
Of course i'm not. A couple of games for this console (including the idea of moving to a next generation console) interested me before I bought it such as PGR3 and Dead Rising. While Dead Rising was superb (a bit short I thought), PGR3 was just too dull for my liking. There are a couple of titles in future that also interest me, but some of these also belong to the PC.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:16 PM   #18
Cabinanteerip

Oblivion/Lego Star wars and Burnout 4 t3h w1n!!

Old 07-10-2006, 06:57 PM   #19
russianstallian

I used to work in retail and there is no chance they'll take it back (unless you were to commit fraud and say it was faulty).

Treat it as a costly mistake. I'm sure everyone has bought something later to realise they didn't really need it - I know I have.

Reply to Thread New Thread