LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-09-2018, 04:31 AM   #1
shenyuqing113

Default Jermaine Kearses 35-yard touchdown catch
College Station, TX (SportsNetwork.com) - This time it took two overtimes for Kentucky to remain undefeated. The top-ranked Wildcats pulled out an overtime win Tuesday in their SEC opener against Ole Miss and on Saturday needed a second extra period in their first road conference game, escaping with a 70-64 triumph over Texas A&M. Tyler Ulis drained a 3-pointer with 1:25 remaining for his only points of the game to give Kentucky a 66-63 lead. Kourtney Roberson answered with a free throw to draw A&M within two and Trey Lyles traveled at the other end to give the Aggies a chance to go ahead or tie with 30 seconds left. Danuel House went for the lead, but his 3-point try missed and Dakari Johnson pulled down the rebound for Kentucky. Johnson made two from the line with 14.7 seconds left for a four-point margin and Peyton Allens attempt from beyond the arc also came up empty for the Aggies. Two more Devin Booker free throws with 8.2 seconds to play sealed it for the Wildcats. Booker finished with 18 points for Kentucky (15-0, 2-0 SEC), which many thought might take advantage of a so-called weakened SEC to waltz into March with an unblemished record. The Wildcats blew through their non-conference schedule with 12 wins by double-digits before an eight-point victory at arch- rival Louisville to close out December. Then came a nine-day layoff and the tougher-than-expected 89-86 win over Ole Miss. Aaron Harrison scored 12 points and grabbed seven rebounds for the Wildcats before fouling out in the second extra period on Saturday. Karl-Anthony Towns fouled out in the first extra session, finishing with nine points and nine rebounds. Jods of Roberson for another chance. House, though, also missed from range and the rebound went out of bounds to Texas A&M, but Alex Carusos tough layup attempt missed. Kentucky went the other way with a 2-on-1 break, but Andrew Harrisons layup rolled off the rim with 22 seconds to play and the Aggies broke the other way. House drew a block on his way to the basket and made both free throws to knot the contest at 53-53 with 18 seconds remaining. The Wildcats struggled to find a shot and called timeout with 1.3 seconds to play. Texas A&M then countered with a timeout to adjust its defense and Aaron Harrisons attempt from well beyond the arc hit the back of the rim as time expired. Bookers layup in the first minute of the extra period gave Kentucky the lead and was the only field goal of the first extra period. Texas A&M managed three free throws, the last two by House with 1:58 remaining, for a 56-55 edge. Tavario Miller made the second of two from the line with 27.3 seconds left for a two-point advantage, but Lyles connected on two from the stripe with 6.1 seconds remaining to tie it and Alex Robinsons 30-footer wasnt close to force an additional period. Game Notes Robinson scored 10 for Texas A&M, which shot 33.3 percent from the field and held Kentucky to just 28.1 percent shooting ... The Aggies made only 2-of-15 3-point tries and connected on just 16-of-30 from the line ... The Wildcats made 9-of-28 from beyond the arc and drained 28-of-35 from the stripe ... The Harrison twins combined to make just 6-of-30 shots for Kentucky ... Texas A&M fell to 2-5 all-time against Kentucky. Both meetings in College Station ended in Kentucky overtime victories, including a 72-68 triumph in 2013 ... The Aggies fell to 0-7 all-time against the top-ranked team in the nation ... A&M will remain home to face Mississippi State on Tuesday ... Kentucky will return to Rupp Arena on Tuesday to welcome Missouri. Fernando Valenzuela Jersey . Louis Cardinals continued their offensive tear with a 9-5 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers in the opener of a four-game series. Mike Piazza Jersey . The Brazil defender was substituted 13 minutes into Wednesdays 2-1 Copa del Rey win at Athletic Bilbao because of a right hamstring problem. Scans revealed a second grade tear which could keep him out for a reported four to six weeks. http://www.ladodgersprostore.us/Andr...rsey/.Tzavelas opened the scoring in the 11th and Pereyra added another in the 51st. Emmanuel Kone pulled one back in the 80th and Levadiakos missed several chances to level in the last 10 minutes. Adrian Gonzalez Jersey . -- Center Max Unger and tight end Zach Miller are both probable for the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday against the New York Giants and Percy Harvins recovery continues to be slow. Hyun-Jin Ryu Jersey . As if he had been rehearsing it, Vasquez looked around with a grimacing stare as he clinched two fists and flexed his muscles. What do you think of DeMar DeRozans face after he hits a big shot, he was asked moments earlier.RENTON, Wash. -- Richard Sherman wondered if he came to the NFL 20 years too late. The Seattle Seahawks All-Pro cornerback wondered if his swagger might have fit better a few decades earlier when that confidence and an unfiltered tongue was perhaps more accepted. "I studied the old school game more than I studied the new school game, and I play it that way. It rubs a lot of people the wrong way," Sherman said Wednesday. "Giving a true speech after a game, a true passionate speech is old school football. Playing press corner and sitting up there every play is old school football. I guess maybe I just havent adjusted to the times." Sherman spoke at length for the first time since Sundays NFC championship game win over San Francisco where his postgame comments to Fox reporter Erin Andrews became the talking point. It was a loud, emotional moment that happened just a few minutes after the Seahawks earned the second Super Bowl berth in franchise history. Sherman was at the centre of the decisive play, deflecting a pass intended for Michael Crabtree in the end zone and watching teammate Malcolm Smith run over to intercept it to clinch the victory. Shermans ensuing remarks were directed mostly at Crabtree but his intense, shouting delivery is what took people aback. Sherman said the reaction that followed over the next two days left him a little stunned as well. "I was surprised by it. Because were talking about football here and a lot of people took it a little bit further than football." Sherman said. "I guess some people showed how far we have really come in this day and age and it was kind of profound what happened and peoples opinions of that nature, because I was on a football field showing passion. Maybe it was misdirected, maybe things may have been immature, maybe things could have been worded better but this is on a football field. I didnt commit any crimes, I wasnt doing anything illegal. I was showing passion after a football game." Sherman apologized for taking away the spotlight from the performances by some of his teammates. Marshawn Lynchs 109 yards rushing and 40-yard touchdown, Jermaine Kearses 35-yard touchdown catch on fourth-down and Bobby Wagners 15 tackles all became secondary to Shermans words. What seemed to bother Sherman the most in the fallout was hearing the word "thug" attached to his name.dddddddddddd "The only reason it bothers me is it seems like its an accepted way of calling someone the N-word nowadays. Its like everybody else said the N-word and they said thug and theyre like, thats fine," Sherman said. "Thats where it kind of takes me aback. Its kind of disappointing because they know. What is the definition of a thug, really?" Sherman then referenced seeing highlights of the Vancouver Canucks and Calgary Flames playing on Saturday when a fight broke out two seconds into the game. "They didnt even play hockey. They just threw their sticks aside and started fighting," he said. "I saw that and said, Oh, man, Im the thug? Whats going on here. Geez. Im really disappointed in being called a thug." While theres been criticism for his rant, hes also received support. Perhaps most surprising was a tweet from baseball Hall of Famer Hank Aaron. Not a huge user of social media — Aaron had sent seven tweets before Tuesday — his message to Sherman read, "hang in there & keep playing as well as you did Sunday. Excellent job - you have my support." Sherman was peppered with questions for more than 20 minutes Wednesday. Teammate Russell Wilson was also asked about the fallout. He said it hasnt been a distraction as the Seahawks begin preparing for Denver. Sherman also didnt like hearing that some have labeled the team villainous. "Anytime you label Russell Wilson a villain it has to be a joke," he said. Sherman said he has not reached out to Crabtree. Sherman attempted to shake Crabtrees hand following the interception only to get shoved in the face. Even after his on-field interview, Sherman continued to deride Crabtree in his postgame media session, calling the receiver "mediocre" and later saying their problems dated to an incident during an off-season event in Arizona. Sherman said he doesnt regret the choke sign he directed at San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick, a gesture that drew a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. "No man, its Reggie Miller," Sherman said. "Its Reggie Miller. Its rivalries, right?" Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping China Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Reply to Thread New Thread