LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-29-2012, 02:40 AM   #81
Wrasialat

I'm sorry but I cannot get worked up over a bunch of people not having access to something 99% of people in the country don't have access to anyway (especially when someone compares that to a snub against people mass murdered). Do any of you have AC in your homes? I thought not.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:48 AM   #82
pertikuss

I'm sorry but I cannot get worked up over a bunch of people not having access to something 99% of people in the country don't have access to anyway (especially when someone compares that to a snub against people mass murdered). Do any of you have AC in your homes? I thought not.
Right, try and think about this. The olympic dorms are small rooms, made of concrete, and a high density capacity.

Have you really never noticed how cinemas and office blocks and shopping centres need AC to cool people down in these situations?

AC in a UK home is redundant, in an office block in summer it is compulsory.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:59 AM   #83
flueftArete

Bungle, does your office have AC? It's all very well spouting off, but there is no reason a new build block wouldn't have AC. You're getting your black and white thinking hat on again.
are you sure your not confusing air con with climate control ?

Old 07-29-2012, 03:17 AM   #84
bloriMal

Right, try and think about this. The olympic dorms are small rooms, made of concrete, and a high density capacity.

Have you really never noticed how cinemas and office blocks and shopping centres need AC to cool people down in these situations?

When I visited Australia every bar smelled like dirty armpits. Since there was no AC and the bars were packed, everyone was sweating. I guess Aussies don't use deodorant. Are you folks in the UK as smelly?

Old 07-29-2012, 03:20 AM   #85
BPitt

the road racing makes me Laugh - apparantly the `pack` didnt help cav to win - well duh , they want to win so why help the opposition.....

Old 07-29-2012, 03:31 AM   #86
aNoBVsUW

Are you folks in the UK as smelly?
Yes....

--- Post Update ---

are you sure your not confusing air con with climate control ?
I am sure. Climate control regulates the temperature, air con supplies cool refrigerated air.

Old 07-29-2012, 03:44 AM   #87
SeelaypeKet

I guess bungle never has sleepless nights due to summer evenings being setup warm and humid that you just stick to the bed. They could get themselves dehumidifiers, which would help a little. But like danger said, concrete buildings absorb the heat and give it out art night, similar to storage heaters. Then there's opening your window. Yeah, with no breeze and gnats, mosquitos etc...

Old 07-29-2012, 04:01 AM   #88
rhybrisee

I am sorry, but a world-class athlete that is travelling to your country to funnel money into your economy should be provided air conditioning.

Reflection: China had it.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:05 AM   #89
naturaherbal

Yet another case of bungle and his closed-minded opinions. My issue isn't with the lack of AC; its the fact that only the British athletes have it. It's a cheap trick, and is quite embarrassing. Unfortunately it won't help your country win too many medals. Unless there is a medal for unpreparedness and proving Mitt Romney right. That may be the worst part of it all.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:17 AM   #90
Sttim

Small rooms with windows no doubt.

Cinemas don't have windows. Neither do shopping centres either inside. Offices tend to be large open-plan spaces.

I guess bungle never has sleepless nights due to summer evenings being setup warm and humid that you just stick to the bed. They could get themselves dehumidifiers, which would help a little. But like danger said, concrete buildings absorb the heat and give it out art night, similar to storage heaters. Then there's opening your window. Yeah, with no breeze and gnats, mosquitos etc...
Do you actually live in the UK?? It sounds like you don't. So you sleep with the window closed in the summer, and you have AC, do you.....?

I am sorry, but a world-class athlete that is travelling to your country to funnel money into your economy should be provided air conditioning.

Reflection: China had it.
China? You do realise that China has a completely different climate from the UK? Obviously not......

Yet another case of bungle and his closed-minded opinions. My issue isn't with the lack of AC; its the fact that only the British athletes have it. It's a cheap trick, and is quite embarrassing. Unfortunately it won't help your country win too many medals. Unless there is a medal for unpreparedness and proving Mitt Romney right. That may be the worst part of it all.
Yet you still think that's comparable to disrespecting people's deaths. Would you be reacting the same way if a UK TV company had edited out a 9/11 tribute?

Old 07-29-2012, 04:29 AM   #91
Kristoferson

Old 07-29-2012, 04:34 AM   #92
Ephedrine

I am a American and i was pissed at the cut in to the phelps interview.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:37 AM   #93
Ganoshenko

Cinemas don't have windows. Neither do shopping centres either inside. Offices tend to be large open-plan spaces.
They are DESIGNED with no windows. The only way that shopping centers and skyscrapers can even exist is with climate control (yes, including air conditioning). And before you Bungle this: nearly every major building runs heating and cooling all day and all year around.
China? You do realise that China has a completely different climate from the UK? Obviously not...... Then why do the Brits need it?

Old 07-29-2012, 04:42 AM   #94
TZids16I

"We are holding an Olympic Games in one of the busiest, most active, bustling cities anywhere in the world. Of course, it's easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere," he said Thursday, referencing Romney's stewardship of the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympic Games.

awesome bloke this mitt romney........

Old 07-29-2012, 04:45 AM   #95
agiopwer

Yet you still think that's comparable to disrespecting people's deaths. Would you be reacting the same way if a UK TV company had edited out a 9/11 tribute?
Are you still banging on about that subway attack? Get over it. Jesus. Unless it's a dedication to the Munich massacre or Atlanta bombing, a dedication to terrorist victims is out-of-place at the Olympics.You're almost as bad as Rudy "noun, a verb, 9/11" Giuliani.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:45 AM   #96
Vzkdgdqx

I wonder if they had ac when they was in atl ga?

Old 07-29-2012, 04:47 AM   #97
WertyNtont

"We are holding an Olympic Games in one of the busiest, most active, bustling cities anywhere in the world. Of course, it's easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere," he said Thursday, referencing Romney's stewardship of the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympic Games.

awesome bloke this mitt romney........
Yet the British still have AC and Romney is still correct. Truth stings, especially when it comes from a Republican.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:47 AM   #98
Tumarimmicdak

You're almost as bad as Rudy "noun, a verb, 9/11" Giuliani.
10/10.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:49 AM   #99
Derrida

They are DESIGNED with no windows.
Exactly.

And before you Bungle this: nearly every major building* runs heating and cooling all day and all year around. *in America.

Why don't you ask someone living on a north Peckham council estate if they have AC.

Then why do the Brits need it? I'm quite sure they could manage without it, just like everyone else here does.

Im done with this conversation. Half of you are obviously trolling, and the other think just because AC is ubiquitous where you live it must be everywhere.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:54 AM   #100
bestbyV

Yet the British still have AC and Romney is still correct. Truth stings, especially when it comes from a Republican.
and in november when obamacare gets in for the seocnd time - romney can go back to nowhere utah to cry into his coffee

Reply to Thread New Thread