LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #41
Poreponko

What is this? Some kind of degree in chatting, or one where you get a certificate if you prove you've handled a cash register responsibly for 17 years, so should probably get some recognition?
You're not dumb enough to pull off even fake confusion on that.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #42
Sadsidioribre

Didn't GEEE DUBYAAAAA start the Stimulus bill though?
Woah... you mean it was HIM who doubled the deficit? But but but, he's a Republican and they believe in small government, don't they?

You're not dumb enough to pull off even fake confusion on that.
I thought it was an amazingly smart play on the word... 'vocational' - 'vocal'. No?

Old 07-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #43
jelena-nanana

Woah... you mean it was HIM who doubled the deficit? But but but, he's a Republican and they believe in small government, don't they?
The funniest part is historically Republicans have NEVER made government smaller. Who was the first president to resume deficit spending after we almost were down to zero debt? OH YEAH. Ronald Reagan. He also raised taxes six separate times.

Anyone who thinks Republicans want smaller government and lower taxes simply need to look at the history of republican presidents and find me ONE. JUST ONE. Who has actually made government smaller.

Protip: You can't.

--- Post Update ---

I just had a realization that maybe they are confusing the terms "Smaller government" with "Bombing brown people." This whole time!

Old 07-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #44
sandyphoebetvmaa

I thought it was an amazingly smart play on the word... 'vocational' - 'vocal'. No?

I have highlighted the part that matters.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #45
TravelMan

Ahh, yupp now i remember why i barely visit anymore,..
Because you've lost your sense of humour?

Old 07-13-2012, 11:24 PM   #46
Quaganoca

I have highlighted the part that matters.
That's what your mum screams when I ask "want me to stop?".

Old 07-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #47
Virosponna

That's what your mum screams when I ask "want me to stop?".
We both know that's not true. You know because you're inside her, and I know because I'm inside the wardrobe with a box of tissues.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:16 AM   #48
Peapeuddedbaw

We both know that's not true. You know because you're inside her, and I know because I'm inside the wardrobe with a box of tissues.
Cleaning up your dad?

Old 07-14-2012, 02:24 AM   #49
somozasayre

snip
I have never had a problem with short term pumping. Obama plans on running deficits for 10+ more years. That is insane. 3-4 years of stimulus is ok, 15-20 crazy.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:01 AM   #50
QysnZWB4

I have never had a problem with short term pumping. Obama plans on running deficits for 10+ more years. That is insane. 3-4 years of stimulus is ok, 15-20 crazy.
Even with zero stimulus, the deficit will rise. What people don't understand is that money is a little like energy... you cannot destroy it, it just moves around. If you stop stimulus, the money just goes somewhere else.

The government needs to try and encourage it into the parts of the economy where it's most needed. The 'free' market actually doesn't always do that effectively.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #51
Shiplyopidomi

Even with zero stimulus, the deficit will rise. What people don't understand is that money is a little like energy... you cannot destroy it, it just moves around. If you stop stimulus, the money just goes somewhere else.

The government needs to try and encourage it into the parts of the economy where it's most needed. The 'free' market actually doesn't always do that effectively.
Now, Zoo, I would agree on the whole principle of investing to fuel growth, but you see, the UK however got a slight problem. It seems that the guys before Cameron must've done something very very wrong... They, who were stimulating and stimulating... must have stimulated the wrong horses.

The UK's budget deficit is a beauty. It's right up there with class company: http://www.datosmacro.com/en/deficit i.e. right behind Ireland, Greece and Spain.

Maybe the UK should stimulate the economy again.

...and ask for a bailout in a year or two.

--- Post Update ---

Ah looky looky: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...ntil-2020.html

Looks like we're in for the long run. I'm afraid Zed is right.
The economy cannot be saved through stimulus anymore. It's too late for that.

Reply to Thread New Thread