LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-19-2012, 11:26 PM   #41
UTHZzJ6f

I can't decide, but I think this might be the single most jealous comment I have ever read.
Who wouldn't feel some kind of jealousy towards someone in a red Ferrari? At the same time as thinking they're just advertising the fact they have a tiny pecker, I'm also thinking, "wow, wish I had that much to spend on "

At the same time as wearing a massive Breitling, as much as it looks stunning as a piece of craftsmanship, you're advertising the size of your wallet, which makes you look a bit . Maybe it is a bit different because some watches are just too bling and vulgar.

These are just my feelings. I could have one if I wanted I suppose, but I'd rather have a more subtle looking Tag watch, and I do. But this is why I like the watch Chris posted. Nice, and understated.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #42
Dr.Hoodoba

Somewhere in this thread I'm sure there's comments about the watch, I just can't find them

I'm in the market for a new watch and this one has piqued my interest... Be honest now, how hard is it to read in dark conditions?

Old 03-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #43
Celeliamend

Who wouldn't feel some kind of jealousy towards someone in a red Ferrari? At the same time as thinking they're just advertising the fact they have a tiny pecker, I'm also thinking, "wow, wish I had that much to spend on "

At the same time as wearing a massive Breitling, as much as it looks stunning as a piece of craftsmanship, you're advertising the size of your wallet, which makes you look a bit . Maybe it is a bit different because some watches are just too bling and vulgar.

These are just my feelings. I could have one if I wanted I suppose, but I'd rather have a more subtle looking Tag watch, and I do. But this is why I like the watch Chris posted. Nice, and understated.
This is all complete rubbish and I guarantee your opinion will change when you get to a position of affording these things.

Remember, what looks flash to you would be a piece of junk to someone richer.

Incidentally, apart from the very cheapest TAG watches they are just as conspicuous as Breitling / Omega / Rolex.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #44
CaseyFan

This is all complete rubbish and I guarantee your opinion will change when you get to a position of affording these things.

Remember, what looks flash to you would be a piece of junk to someone richer.

Incidentally, apart from the very cheapest TAG watches they are just as conspicuous as Breitling / Omega / Rolex.
You might be quite right. But, what looks flash and vulgar to me now would still look flash and vulgar, no matter how much money I had. I'm not just saying watches too much for me to afford are horrible and make you look like a ****. I was generalising a bit when I said "expensive watches".

Tag Aquaracers are what you'd consider cheap I suppose, but they don't look conspicuous to me. I know Tag do watches that look like Breitling etc, but you're paying for the bling, which I don't want anyway.

You might have a Breitling, but I bet if it cost £200, you wouldn't. Even if it was made 100% the same. It's bought because it's expensive so much of the time.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:06 AM   #45
Sydaycymn

You might be quite right. But, what looks flash and vulgar to me now would still look flash and vulgar, no matter how much money I had. I'm not just saying watches too much for me to afford are horrible and make you look like a ****. I was generalising a bit when I said "expensive watches".

Tag Aquaracers are what you'd consider cheap I suppose, but they don't look conspicuous to me. I know Tag do watches that look like Breitling etc, but you're paying for the bling, which I don't want anyway.

You might have a Breitling, but I bet if it cost £200, you wouldn't. Even if it was made 100% the same. It's bought because it's expensive so much of the time.
There are two types of rich people. The ones that buy a bright yellow Ferrari and the ones which buy a subtly understated black Aston Martin. One looks like a **** while driving it the other does not.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #46
allaboutauto.us

No, I like aquaracers, but I could spot one just as easily as a Breitling. They might look less conspicuous to you, but the logo is far more recognisable. The reason I wouldn't buy an aquaracer is that they are bad value for money at resale time. Brands like Tag are so called psuedo-luxury watches. They are very nice but they tend to hold their value very badly compared to brands like Omega and Breitling.

If you're looking for a new watch, this site gives some information on which brands are good buys: http://www.chronocentric.com/watches/brands.shtml

I really fancy a Breitling next but I haven't seen one that is subtle enough (I do agree with you that a lot of them look a bit gaudy) so I think I'll stick to Omega. I really like this one at the moment: http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/se...23230465101003 but it will be a year or so before I get a new one so there will probably be something different out by then.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:50 AM   #47
Marlboro-oroblraM

Yes, Omega is nice, the one you posted.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:53 AM   #48
MyLeva

Yes, Omega is nice, the one you posted.
It's a bit big though. It's a 45mm case (the same as those Breitling's you hate) and I don't think they do it in the mid-size. The one I have now is a 40mm case and it's about right.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:59 AM   #49
Acrogeokickic

It's a bit big though. It's a 45mm case (the same as those Breitling's you hate) and I don't think they do it in the mid-size. The one I have now is a 40mm case and it's about right.
Hard to tell from the pictures, but that matters to me as well as I also have girly wrists.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:00 AM   #50
Beedcardabeme

I wish I could wear my watches more, but I would completely destroy them at work.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:05 AM   #51
bromgeksan

Hard to tell from the pictures, but that matters to me as well as I also have girly wrists.
Even on large wrists the 45mm case is much blingier. My wrist is about average size (I had 2 links removed from the supplied bracelet) and the 40mm size looks best. The other problem with the bigger watches is you are constantly knocking them on things.

--- Post Update ---

I wish I could wear my watches more, but I would completely destroy them at work.
What do you do? I wear mine all the time and only have a couple of scratches on it. Stainless steel and saphhire crystal glass is pretty resilient though.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:09 AM   #52
BenBoobmers

Even on large wrists the 45mm case is much blingier. My wrist is about average size (I had 2 links removed from the supplied bracelet) and the 40mm size looks best. The other problem with the bigger watches is you are constantly knocking them on things.

--- Post Update ---

What do you do? I wear mine all the time and only have a couple of scratches on it. Stainless steel and saphhire crystal glass is pretty resilient though.
I install servers, registers, switches etc. I swear every server IBM has edges like a blade! That's probably why they call them blade centers.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:38 AM   #53
Jenisoisy

ceramics may resist scratches, but I don't know if you bump hard into things

Old 03-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #54
jstizzle

http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/PF3781.asp

Mine, heavy as hell................but I love it, dress watch, nothing else..............

--- Post Update ---

http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/PF3781.asp

Mine, heavy as hell................but I love it, dress watch, nothing else..............
bought 2 of these for my son and I .........................kinda cool, we'll see

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/1...obois-led.html

and this one is the shiz.......................

http://www.meritline.com/4gb-waterpr...FQcFRQodaTPeIQ

video and audio is excellent........just be careful how it gets used...........LOL

Old 03-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #55
w4WBthjv

My watch, except it's silver with a dark blue background. GF bought me a $240 watch for my B-Day. Took it back for warranty because it had a busted seal, they replaced it with the wrong watch. This one cost $395 online ($350 in store). I'm not complaining, they even engraved it for me for free

Old 03-21-2012, 12:57 AM   #56
Fetowip

Mmm I like that one a lot... I prefer it to the OP one actually although the all black one is nice also.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:24 AM   #57
KirillAristov

think of the OP watch, but with blue luminox elements*drool*

Speaking of luminox, the lack of clean models in their lineup is disturbing.

I own a Rado Ceramica Digital:

Old 03-21-2012, 03:42 AM   #58
!!!maryann!!!

think of the OP watch, but with blue luminox elements*drool*

Speaking of luminox, the lack of clean models in their lineup is disturbing.

I own a Rado Ceramica Digital:

So it's an automatic watch that powers a digital screen? That's very interesting...I might have to invest!

Old 03-21-2012, 05:46 AM   #59
HaroldMY

What is the point of that?

Old 03-21-2012, 06:19 AM   #60
gfkasjhfg

What is the point of that?
What is your point?

Reply to Thread New Thread