LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-10-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
BoBoMasterDesign

+1 for Stevens Park and Cedar Crest. . . both are great.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #2
Immarsecice

Dallas is awesome. Look toward the Frisco area. Has quite a few nice courses.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:11 AM   #3
Kliopeion

Dallas is awesome. Look toward the Frisco area. Has quite a few nice courses.
I'll second this one. The Frisco / McKinney area has many courses.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
Aagotiq

+1 for Stevens Park and Cedar Crest. . . both are great.
Stevens Park is great, I played it yesterday as for Cedar Crest, only go if you carry one of these

Old 03-10-2012, 01:25 AM   #5
Fausqueuego

Well, I'm living in a Comfort Inn for a few days but moving into my parent's camper in Sunnyvale this weekend.
Any good courses up there? Anybody in the area that would want to meet up for a round or a beer next weekend?

Tapatalking like a boss

Old 03-10-2012, 03:46 AM   #6
Madjostok

Living out that way, make a trip to Canton and play Twin Lakes, it will be worth the short drive. I am hunting next weekend or I would meet up with you.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:01 AM   #7
vipbunter

Default Dallas golf courses
It looks like I'm going to be making the move from S. Georgia to Dallas in the rather near future, my wife is house shopping now.
There are a bunch of courses in the area and was curios if anybody had any recommendations on some public courses to look into. I've been playing a few months and am far from bogey golf but I do enjoy playing.
I'm not really looking to spend an arm & a leg on a round but would like to have a good time. Maybe even meet up with some local THPer's, just excuse my game.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:17 AM   #8
bahrain41

Welcome to the metroplex. There are some really nice mid-level golf courses in the area that won't cost you your first born, also golfnow has deals with a lot of those courses and good deals can be had. Also, check out avid golfer, they do a passbook that will save you some money on rounds as well.

As far as courses in and around Dallas, you can't go wrong with Stevens Park and Cedar Crest for the history and good old school layouts. Not too long and a lot of fun. Indian Creek - Creek Course in Carrollton, Bridlewood and Tour 18 in Flower Mound, Grapevine Municipal is great as well, Texas Star in Euless, Heritage Ranch in Fairview/Allen. The great thing about DFW is there is a golf course for everyone. Cowboys, The Tribute, Old American are the $100+ courses, but are well worth it. Cowboys is all inclusive, so you can get your moneys worth.

I'm sure I'm leaving some places out, but the other North Texas THPer's will give you great recommendations as well.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:33 AM   #9
BorBitExatini

I made it to Tierra Verde today (Arlington). It ate this newbies butt, but one of the prettiest courses I've seen so far.

It is, surprisingly, a municipal course. We were met at our car by a cart boy who proceeded to grab the clubs from the trunk and secure them on the cart, point the way to the pro shop and wish us a great round.

The course is by no means an easy one, I think even for you more experienced golfers. Go too far left or right and it's a penalty drop because out of bounds is environmentally protected and you aren't allowed to go bashing about in it.

So take lots of balls and don't forget to enjoy the view and the wildlife.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:49 AM   #10
egoldhyip

Cowboys is all inclusive, so you can get your moneys worth.
I've heard that's a great course.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:52 AM   #11
animilius

I made it to Tierra Verde today (Arlington). It ate this newbies butt, but one of the prettiest courses I've seen so far.

It is, surprisingly, a municipal course. We were met at our car by a cart boy who proceeded to grab the clubs from the trunk and secure them on the cart, point the way to the pro shop and wish us a great round.

The course is by no means an easy one, I think even for you more experienced golfers. Go too far left or right and it's a penalty drop because out of bounds is environmentally protected and you aren't allowed to go bashing about in it.

That sounds like a great place. I may have to check it out.

I/we don't know anybody in the area so I may lean on some of the locals for some playing partners.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:56 AM   #12
forextradinginfo

I almost drove up to play Tierra Verde today, but after my shaky range session yesterday I didn't think it was best to take on the challenge. Love the course, the bar/grill is top notch on its own, pro shop is always friendly and has great merchandise. The greens are always in good shape. I played there a few weeks ago and the rough was brutal, but it is one of my favorite courses in the area.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:57 AM   #13
huerta

That sounds like a great place. I may have to check it out.

I/we don't know anybody in the area so I may lean on some of the locals for some playing partners.
Do you know what part of Dallas your moving to yet?

Old 08-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #14
yWleIJm4

Do you know what part of Dallas your moving to yet?
Not exactly sure yet, my wife has shown me so many houses, apartments, condos & I think even a tent that I have no idea where she's talking about anymore. I do know most are in the north Dallas area, The Colony, Carrollton along those lines. We're trying to get the dates worked out to take her out there & make her decision.

Do you know anyone that needs a steam or hot water boiler?

Reply to Thread New Thread