DiscussWorldIssues - Socio-Economic Religion and Political Uncensored Debate

DiscussWorldIssues - Socio-Economic Religion and Political Uncensored Debate (http://www.discussworldissues.com/forums/)
-   Golf (http://www.discussworldissues.com/forums/golf/)
-   -   Playing the forward tees (http://www.discussworldissues.com/forums/golf/177561-playing-forward-tees.html)

flnastyax 08-23-2012 04:19 AM

Playing the forward tees

With the tee it forward deal and the thread on distance do any of you guys actually play forwad tees?I'm really wanting to shoot in the 80's. I've been playing now for about a year and usually score in the mid 90's. I was think on starting to play the forward tees until I consistently score in the mid 80's. Then start backing up a tee box unroll I see the same score. Thoughts?

Usendyduexy 08-23-2012 04:19 AM

I believe you mean "Forward Tees".

bjacogaerllyo 08-23-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

I believe you mean "Forward Tees".
Yes!! I couldn't change the title. Feel free to change that if you want.

Lenkapuppia 08-23-2012 04:22 AM

My foursome and I discussed it the other day, actually. Just to change things up and play different shots for a change. I saw the comment in the recent distance thread, and thought it may be something I try to do, to change things up and maybe put myself in a different mental state. I would love to break 80, even if it was from the ladies tees, because it might be the shot in the arm that I need. I have been struggling all summer long, mostly with the driver, and by playing the ladies tees, I could only hit driver off of the two par 5's, and could actually opt for a Mashie three wood or 2 hybrid, to be honest.

Guloqkcm 08-23-2012 04:24 AM

Jacob, where do you usually play from now?

LeslieMoran 08-23-2012 04:25 AM

I usually play the whites. Reds are forward and blues are the tips.

AndyColemants 08-23-2012 04:27 AM

Does your driver give you fits, or your 2nd shots?

Jeffery 08-23-2012 04:28 AM

I thnk you should regulate you expectations and get some lessons. I mean this in the nicest way. Consistent 90s is good afford a year. But sometimes moving up brings more trouble into play. I would work in the swing and game, stay on the whites.

Daleman1984 08-23-2012 04:29 AM

I play golds. But my game doesn't really get worse playing from the whites or blues. I just play there because that's where leagues play.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

DoctorDeryOne 08-23-2012 04:31 AM

Quote:

Does your driver give you fits, or your 2nd shots?
Depends on the day.. Haha.. My driver is not the most accurate club in the bag though. But we have a 200+ par 3 that is almost impossible for me.

12Cickprior 08-23-2012 04:33 AM

Quote:

I thnk you should regulate you expectations and get some lessons. I mean this in the nicest way. Consistent 90s is good afford a year. But sometimes moving up brings more trouble into play. I would work in the swing and game, stay on the whites.
I agree completely.. I have VERY high expectations out of myself with everything I do. Golf is no different.

FalHaitle 08-23-2012 04:36 AM

I'll look at the slope and try to keep it in the low 120's and also check out the par 3's. If they are all over 200 yards forget it, i'm moving up a set of tees to give myself a chance on those 4 holes.

doksSirmAdods 08-23-2012 04:36 AM

Quote:

Depends on the day.. Haha.. My driver is not the most accurate club in the bag though. But we have a 200+ par 3 that is almost impossible for me.
I would play that one from the Reds.

To an extent I think Freddie is right with lessons and practice, but If you decide that you aren't ever gonna play driver off the tee or you would like to have shorter approaches then why not.

I paired up with a guy and walked today and he played from the whites which is like 5800 or 6000. I had a chance to hit every par 5 in 2 with a 5 wood or slightly less and had a lot 9 irons or less into greens on the par 4s. I hit every green on the par 3's, don't know if I have ever done that before. I wouldn't do it every time because I would like to practice with some mid irons on the course but it was enjoyable.

bortycuz 08-23-2012 04:38 AM

Quote:

As far as lessons go I do need to take more. Living where I do now I'm 45 mins. Away from a golf course with a pro. I've taken lessons there before but it's kinda hard to get there regularly. But I do want and need more lessons.

Laqswrnm 08-23-2012 04:43 AM

I've been playing for almost two years now and I play the whites. I just don't see how I can improve by going forward to the reds/ladies tees, but that's a personal thing. I haven't had any lessons (yet), but info from this site has helped me improve quite a bit.

Loxaeed 08-23-2012 04:44 AM

They have been called ladies' or women's tees for decades. Some courses also have junior tees. Why the need to go PC and call them forward tees now?

Is it ok for men to use women's balls and equipment, too?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

CesseOveldset 08-23-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

They have been called ladies' or women's tees for decades. Some courses also have junior tees. Why the need to go PC and call them forward tees now?

Is it ok for men to use women's balls and equipment, too?
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
What does this have to do with the substance of the thread? He's asking about playing it forward, whether you want to call them the forward tees, women's tees, ladies' tees, reds, or what have you....

alfredtaniypnx 08-23-2012 04:49 AM

I laughed...

LymnInvinny 08-23-2012 04:49 AM

I look for the tees that get the course to around 6200-6500 yards and play from there, unless I am playing a practice round with my buddy whom I caddy for in his NCGA and USGA scratch events. Then I have to play the 7000+ yard tees. Challenging but fun.

I don't have much fun playing under courses 6000 yards unless it's a real shotmaking course that challenges your accuracy.

86GlSqSK 08-23-2012 04:51 AM

Thanks Smalls I needed that. I haven't had a good laugh since MC 2.0

On a serious note Jacob stay on the whites and work on your Hybrids they land so soft on the par tree's.