LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-08-2012, 03:30 AM   #1
weaddercaps

I signed up through FSGA and just enter the scores myself. Works well. Check your state association.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDt

Old 06-30-2012, 03:47 AM   #2
Intockatt

Default USGA GHIN Handicap services
I really want to get an official handicap before our annual golf outing in August and am kind of confused about the process. I went to the USGA site and found the Get an Official handicap and found a couple of "online clubs" in Kansas. After I register for one of the clubs, Is it as simple as paying the $25 and posting my scores or is there something else I need to do? I called the club I now belong to and it was $40 and even they were confused as to how I should go about doing it, at least the guy that answered the phone was.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:49 AM   #3
MipRippoomamn

I do mine through an online club. Just post your scores online and you'll get a handicap next revision.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:52 AM   #4
deackatera

I do mine through an online club. Just post your scores online and you'll get a handicap next revision.
Is that "official though"

I have used Oooob like others but I don't think that is official, just a guideline.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:58 AM   #5
tramadolwithall

Didn't I read THP was gonna do this or was I dreaming?

Old 06-30-2012, 04:00 AM   #6
2puO4Rhf

Still the plan, but until we can have it function and be cost effective, it wont be launched.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:01 AM   #7
maclaudser

I have used Oooob like others but I don't think that is official, just a guideline.
Most golf clubs offer an "official" USGA handicap system if you sign up (for some, it's included in membership). Just an FYI, though: Oob does offer accurate handicaps, using the same system as the USGA, but it just isn't USGA-sanctioned

Old 06-30-2012, 04:07 AM   #8
deackatera

Most golf clubs offer an "official" USGA handicap system if you sign up (for some, it's included in membership). Just an FYI, though: Oob does offer accurate handicaps, using the same system as the USGA, but it just isn't USGA-sanctioned
that was my thought. That was why I asked about the online club Marc was part of and if that was "official" via USGA

Old 06-30-2012, 04:10 AM   #9
Intockatt

Yeah, I was waiting, but like JB said, it's not ready yet and I have been wanting to get started for a while now.

I called my club and they said $40, which is $15 more than the online club through the GHIN service. I tried OOB, but their app is horrible and crashes on me all the time, not official and I think JB said that it's not that accurate (always better than you actually are)

Old 06-30-2012, 04:14 AM   #10
deackatera

Yeah, I was waiting, but like JB said, it's not ready yet and I have been wanting to get started for a while now.

I called my club and they said $40, which is $15 more than the online club through the GHIN service. I tried OOB, but their app is horrible and crashes on me all the time, not official and I think JB said that it's not that accurate (always better than you actually are)
I have used it for over 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Weird you have so much trouble.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:14 AM   #11
erelvenewmeva

I know Marc posts his through the Southern Nevada Golf Association and it's official. Ole Gray and I both joined through our club and post our own scores through GHIN.com which is also official. I'm thinking you have to sign up through a local course but I'm not positive.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:15 AM   #12
deackatera

I know Marc posts his through the Southern Nevada Golf Association and it's official. Ole Gray and I both joined through our club and post our own scores through GHIN.com which is also official. I'm thinking you have to sign up through a local course but I'm not positive.
That is how I understand it as well.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:17 AM   #13
2puO4Rhf

That is how I understand it as well.
You dont have to. There are online clubs that can and do offer official USGA indexes.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:36 AM   #14
deackatera

You dont have to. There are online clubs that can and do offer official USGA indexes.
Oh? do you know any of them? Are they the same cost as a "normal club" ?

Old 06-30-2012, 04:41 AM   #15
2puO4Rhf

There are quite a few including some local to people. I even think Golf Galaxy has one.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:46 AM   #16
euylvaygdq

Mine is done through my home course....used to be free with my membership, but this year they started charging $25 for handicap service....I paid it because I wanted to have an official handicap....but I figured when THP got theirs up and going I would switch it to here.

FWIW, the OOB app always crashed on my phone too.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:46 AM   #17
Intockatt

I don't know why the oob app doesn't seem to work, but it just hangs and crashes twice a round and I ended up giving up on it after 3 rounds.

Yeah, Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith both have ones. I just registered through Kansas City Golf Association and posted some scores already.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #18
Верещагин

I have never had an official handicap and I would like to start keeping track now that I am able to play consistently. Eventually I'd like to start playing some tourneys and such next year and will need that in order to compete. I seem to remember something about being able to do it here. Did anything ever come of that?

So where do I begin? Is there a cost involved?

Old 07-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #19
CFstantony

Local courses and clubs may offer handicap services, but I got mine through www.golfgalaxynetwork.com I found a local club through that website and it only cost $30 for the year.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #20
Intockatt

You can get a handicap through your local club or you can sign up online through GHIN and find a "eclub". That is what I did and it cost $30.

Reply to Thread New Thread