LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-15-2012, 01:18 AM   #1
redDoodia

Default Favorite Hole You've Played
What is your favorite hole that you've played, is it the 17th at tpc sawgrass-for those lucky ones-. Post pictures if possible.

Mine is the tenth hole at turtleback mountain resort championship course.It is one of the hardest holes I've played and is a risk reward hole with a beach bunker, yes a beach bunker in NM haha. The last time I played this hole I hit my drive into the landing area and attacked the green with a 5 wood over the water, of course I failed! this hole is really tough and is very reminiscent of the holes one finds on tour. Also my friend jason almost flipped the cart into the water by the 83 yard marker

Old 05-15-2012, 01:20 AM   #2
SM9WI8oI

#1 at Sarasota National
Bear Trap at PGA National
Soon to be all of them at Grand Cypress

What do they have in common? They are all THP Outing holes.
I have been fortunate enough to play some of the finest courses in the country. Truly fortunate, but none of them compare to the holes I have played with my fellow THPers each year at the THP outings.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:22 AM   #3
Xiciljed

#16 on the South Course at Firestone CC. 667 yard par 5 with a lake in front of the green. Such an awesome hole.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
jeepgrandch

Tough choice. Lots of great golf holes around. Some of my favorite holes were at a now dead course in Middleburg, FL called The Ravines. A McCumber design that was on some amazing terrain for NE Florida and had some massive (for the region) elevation changes. I was able to find one small photo that shows the look and feel. This was the 4th hole, I believe - a mid-length par 4 that was a tee shot over ravines to a landing area on a plateau followed by a second shot over another deep ravine to a narrow green set on the side of a hill with two deep bunker fronting the green. The 9th hole was a par 5 with the pro tees set back on a bluff over a bend in Black Creek, a narrow, dark little river way below you, where you had to hit over the long bend of the creek through a narrow gap in trees to hit the fairway some 80-100 feet below you around 240 yards away, then a 2nd shot uphill to a green set on the side of a hill with water left and right, clubhouse on the hill behind it. There was a bell down in the fairway so you could let groups behind you on the tee know they could hit because it was completely blind from the regular tees. Loved it. Such a shame it was closed down over a dispute between the association and the owners who wanted to shorten two par 4s into par 3s to squeeze in a few extra houses - may they rot in an eternal hell of shanks and ugly cart girls.

But for existing courses my favorites are the ocean side holes at Hammock Beach Ocean Course, such as the par 3 8th hole facing the Atlantic:

Old 05-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
TeLMgNva

Silverthorn Golf Course, Spring Hill Florida. Hole #5

The green that slopes toward the water in the back third.

Just a fun hole. Club selection is key.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #6
Jourgenz

BIRDIE.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #7
Mello

probably not my most favorite but the one I ws scared of most

Wanna be TPC sawgrass #17 at Pauite Wolf Course out in Vegas....hit green and 3 jacked for bogy (I was a mile away)

Old 05-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #8
Galsteinbok

#17 at Edgewood Tahoe GC. Looks like a simple little par 3 but looks can be very deceiving. The wind off of Lake Tahoe makes it play differently every time. Beautiful view of the lake is somewhat distracting as well.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #9
bortycuz

#6 at Cherry Hill Golf Club Fort Wayne, IN

True Island green surrounded by rocks from the white's it is 145 yards usually hit a 9 iron. Have played this hole 10 times and never missed the green. Now I jinxed myself the next time I play I will surely plop it in the water!

Old 05-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #10
Celeliamend

have 2 faves...sorry...
Whistling Straits, Kohler, Wisconsin in 2000. hole #12, 138 yards from Blue tees. Walking only with a caddy. 35 mph winds off Lake Michigan...brutal!!!

Oakland Hills Birmingham Mi in 1995. Hole #16, 380 yards blue tees. Shot 94 for round. was THRILLED with that.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #11
PriernPayorse

15th at PGA National was pretty fun.
17th at TPC Sawgrass

1st at Isleworth Golf and Country Club, just because of the statue on 1 tee.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #12
stadiaKab

15th at PGA National was pretty fun.
17th at TPC Sawgrass

1st at Isleworth Golf and Country Club, just because of the statue on 1 tee.

I always laugh when seeing holes that pros play(tournament atmosphere) and then seeing amateurs play them. It's weird seeing the hole without crowds

Old 05-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #13
XinordiX

I'm sure I'm thinking correctly. But it would either be this one at one of the closer courses to me. Does no justice with only a drawing, but there's a lake to the right, and timber lining the creek feeding into the lake on the left, and prairie grass everywhere.

~Rock

Old 05-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #14
PriernPayorse

I always laugh when seeing holes that pros play(tournament atmosphere) and then seeing amateurs play them. It's weird seeing the hole without crowds
Agreed, not seeing bleachers or corporate chalet's is a little weird. Loses some of the effect of a stadium when it's just wide open haha. Easier to tell the wind when there's no buildings blocking it, but unfortunately there's no tv tower with an American flag there either.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #15
stadiaKab

Hard to see but some fellow THPers have seen this hole first hand.
It's #14 at Baywood Greens. It's a par 4 with two options. Hit the island green or go around- All around it's a great looking hole

Old 05-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #16
sDePrx59

Bandon Dunes hole #4

Old 05-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #17
JeremyIV

I had the opportunity to play this course last year when I was in NM. Neat place (in the middle of nowhere).

What is your favorite hole that you've played, is it the 17th at tic sawgrass-for those lucky ones-. Post pictures if possible.

Mine is the tenth hole at turtleback mountain resort championship course.It is one of the hardest holes I've played and is a risk reward hole with a beach bunker, yes a beach bunker in NM haha. The last time I played this hole I hit my drive into the landing area and attacked the green with a 5 wood over the water, of course I failed! this hole is really tough and is very reminiscent of the holes one finds on tour. Also my friend jason almost flipped the cart into the water by the 83 yard marker

Old 05-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #18
Chooriwrocaxz

Number 16 at Bandon Dunes.

I had my crazy hook going so I played the ball out over the cliffs. With the help of a stiff breeze it carried all the trouble and rolled to about 30 feet left of the green side bunker. It isn't every day that you can play driver, putter over cliffs and ocean to a 363 yard hole. That par was just about the highlight of the trip.

This is also the hole I think of every time I go to the range and fight my current fade...it is not going to be so kind to me when I go back in July

Old 05-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #19
Anakattawl

I cant narrow it down to 1 hole but Pacific Grove Golf Links AKA Poor Man's Pebble Beach in Pacific Grove CA. (Pacific Grove is next to Monterey CA) The entire back 9 has views of the Pacific ocean. Some holes are so close to the water you get a nice mist. This is a pic of hole #12, best $60 I've spent in my golfing life.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:42 PM   #20
hHwJ229h

I can't say it's my favorite as much as it's the one I really want another chance to play one day. 318 at PGA National. Tough long hole, lots of water, sand and waste area. It turned an ok round into a nightmare, lol.

Reply to Thread New Thread