LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-27-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
+++Poguru+++

Default How many does it take?
I found this and had to share:

How many golf forum members does it takes to book a tee time?

• 1 to book the tee time and to post that the tee time has been booked
  • 14 to share similar experiences of booking tee times and how the tee times could have been booked differently
  • 7 to caution about the pitfalls of booking tee times
  • 1 to move the topic to the "General Discussion" section
  • 2 to argue the move and then lobby to move it to the "Golf Travel"ť section
  • 7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about booking tee times
  • 5 to flame the spell checkers
  • 3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
  • 6 to argue over whether it's "tee time" or "teetime" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
  • 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "reservation"
  • 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "tee time" is perfectly correct
  • 19 to post that this forum is not about booking reservations and to please take this discussion to a hotel or vacation forum
  • 11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use reservations (tee times) and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
  • 36 to debate which method of booking tee times is superior, how to get the best tee times, what tee times are best for most golfers and what tee times to avoid
  • 7 to post URL's where one can book tee times
  • 4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
  • 3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes tee times relevant to this group
  • 13 to "quote" all posts to date, and do so in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and then add: "Me too"
  • 5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the "tee time controversy"
  • 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
  • 13 to say "do a Google search on tee times before posting questions about tee times"
  • 1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
Toninvell

That is hysterical.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
lizadax

Great one Smalls.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #4
blogwado

LOL! that was hilarious Smalls

Old 03-27-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
venediene

That's just about spot on. I'll repost my response in about 3 months.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:45 AM   #6
Wrencytet

• 14 to share similar experiences of booking tee times and how the tee times could have been booked differently
  • 1 to move the topic to the “General Discussion” section
  • 2 to argue the move and then lobby to move it to the “Golf Travel” section
  • 6 to argue over whether it's "tee time" or "teetime" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
  • 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "reservation"
  • 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "tee time" is perfectly correct
  • 19 to post that this forum is not about booking reservations and to please take this discussion to a hotel or vacation forum
  • 11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use reservations (tee times) and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
  • 36 to debate which method of booking tee times is superior, how to get the best tee times, what tee times are best for most golfers and what tee times to avoid
  • 4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
  • 3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes tee times relevant to this group
  • 13 to "quote" all posts to date, and do so in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and then add: "Me too"
  • 5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the “tee time controversy”
  • 13 to say "do a Google search on tee times before posting questions about tee times"
  • 1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
Haha, that's great stuff there Smalls.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:51 AM   #7
Grewlybreekly

LMAO, good one Smalls

Old 03-28-2009, 03:05 AM   #8
heltduell

• 5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the “tee time controversy”
That is hysterical.
Great one Smalls.
LOL! that was hilarious Smalls
That's just about spot on. I'll repost my response in about 3 months.
Haha, that's great stuff there Smalls.
LMAO, good one Smalls
Me too.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:43 AM   #9
zdoppiklonikaa

Is this an exercise in how many multiposts we can string together?

Old 03-28-2009, 04:44 AM   #10
Oppofeescom

Is this an exercise in how many multiposts we can string together?
Yes, and you failed.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:45 AM   #11
Grewlybreekly

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about booking tee times Your turn is coming Claire, just wait for somebody to make a grammatical error. Just keep checking back, it's bound to happen.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:52 AM   #12
zdoppiklonikaa

Yes, and you failed.
Your turn is coming Claire, just wait for somebody to make a grammatical error. Just keep checking back, it's bound to happen.
But, but--I'm already a failure!

(I did think about jumping up and waving my hand at that one. Then I thought again.)

Old 07-07-2010, 07:05 AM   #13
+++Poguru+++

Well, it took longer than 6 months!

Old 07-07-2010, 07:11 AM   #14
Usendyduexy

LOL Thats great smalls

Old 07-07-2010, 07:38 AM   #15
Trissinas

I love that last one. It usually holds very true!

Old 07-07-2010, 08:15 AM   #16
Bridgester

And a partridge in a pear tree……I could have waited till Christmas time to post but that would have made me the infamous “6 month lurker”

Old 07-08-2010, 12:32 AM   #17
Breeriacoirl

Good one especially to someone new to your forum.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:48 AM   #18
DP5Ups8o

lmao!!

Old 07-08-2010, 12:52 AM   #19
Nadin Maison

Google it!

Old 07-08-2010, 06:02 AM   #20
23InetrySypekek

Lol soo true.

Reply to Thread New Thread