LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-05-2012, 03:56 AM   #1
dalnecymync

Yes, and no. There is enough evidence for him to be the equivalent to Jar Jar Binks, but for me personally, he can't be. Simply because I don't mind Wesley - I love watching him get yelled at or talked down to, but I actually don't mind him since I enjoy watching his scenes at times. I don't enjoy any Jar Jar scenes, and he annoys the fuck out of me.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:46 AM   #2
GooogleGuy

I would say no. Jar Jar was a comic relief (overly done) that kept humor running through Episode 1 and then, of course, set things in motion for the Empire in Episode II.

Wesley Crusher had a real purpose. He was an excellent character to have around to "learn the Star Trek" technology for the viewer. He also helped as a comic relief with his interactions with Captain Picard.

Could Star Wars have done just fine without Jar Jar? Yes.

Could Star Trek TNG done as well without Wesley Crusher? No. They would have not gained the attention and views of the younger females that were all ga ga over him.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #3
AccusaJalsBub

Could Star Trek TNG done as well without Wesley Crusher? No. They would have not gained the attention and views of the younger females that were all ga ga over him.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #4
GooogleGuy

YES?!?!?!!? What?!?!? >:c LOL!

Come on! How many girls .........

okay ... wait, let me rephrase that.

How many trek watching girls do you know that wasn't all like, "Oh, I had such a HUGE crush on Wesley Crusher!"

Old 01-05-2012, 05:35 AM   #5
Fuerfsanv

I would say no. Jar Jar was a comic relief (overly done) that kept humor running through Episode 1 and then, of course, set things in motion for the Empire in Episode II.

Wesley Crusher had a real purpose. He was an excellent character to have around to "learn the Star Trek" technology for the viewer. He also helped as a comic relief with his interactions with Captain Picard.

Could Star Wars have done just fine without Jar Jar? Yes.

Your kidding right ?

They all watched in to see Data to dream about making it with a Android who hardly ever needed recharging..

Who wants to be with w whiny little teen that has to count on Mommy to save him all the time..

Old 01-05-2012, 05:54 AM   #6
GooogleGuy

your kidding right ?

They all watched in to see data to dream about making it with a android who hardly ever needed recharging..

Who wants to be with w whiny little teen that has to count on mommy to save him all the time..
lmao!

Old 01-05-2012, 05:59 AM   #7
XKAgustin

i know that bald dude is hot but i dont know anything else about nothing related to star trek

Old 02-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
socialkiiii

They all watched in to see Data to dream about making it with a Android who hardly ever needed recharging..
I don't know what it is about Data but I so would

Old 02-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #9
GooogleGuy

I don't know what it is about Data but I so would

"I should warn you that I am very dangerous with my hands."

Old 02-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #10
77chawzence

i say nah it took me a few seconds to hate him
it took less than that with jar jar

Old 02-17-2012, 08:17 AM   #11
AccusaJalsBub

Default Is Wesley Crusher the Jar Jar Binks of Star Trek?
Is Wesley Crusher the Jar Jar Binks of Star Trek?

What say you?

Old 02-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #12
socialkiiii

I liked Wesley Crusher! I know it's totally cool to hate on him, but I thought he was quite sweet

Old 02-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #13
Bigroza

You'd have to put the Brady Bunch on Star Trek to be the equivalent of what Jar Jar was to Star Wars. At least a few of the episodes centered around Wesley were fairly well written. There's absolutely no excuse for the hack job of writing done in the prequel trilogy.

That said, it has been a running joke with a friend really into collecting Star Trek memorabilia that the Wesley collector plate will be used for skeet.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #14
Galvanoidum

Fuck Wesley Crusher.. fuck him Will Wheaton's fat old ass..

He was on the show to act as nothing more than a son figure so to speak to help Jean Luc grow as a person and watch his character turn a grumpy old man into a more loving understanding individual..... Also to,appeal to the younger generation " omg when I grow up I want to be just like Wheaton and sit in a computer chair playing with a imaginary helm made out of plastic and pretty color lights, be a really bad actor and then watch my acting career die after the one thing I was in ends and no one else wants to watch my bad acting anymore"

KILL IT...... KILL THE WHEATON

Old 02-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #15
socialkiiii

Aw! I haven't seen him in anything else, until quite recently when he was in several The Guild episodes, and I thought he was hella funny

Old 02-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #16
AllAdobeOEMSoftDownload

Holy shit... I think Roxi hates Wil Wheaton more than Sheldon does.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #17
Cd9JfGHR

I've described a few choice people as the "Jar Jar Binks of my life."

It never fails.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #18
endulundaSauh

Fuck Wesley Crusher.. fuck him Will Wheaton's fat old ass..

He was on the show to act as nothing more than a son figure so to speak to help Jean Luc grow as a person and watch his character turn a grumpy old man into a more loving understanding individual..... Also to,appeal to the younger generation " omg when I grow up I want to be just like Wheaton and sit in a computer chair playing with a imaginary helm made out of plastic and pretty color lights, be a really bad actor and then watch my acting career die after the one thing I was in ends and no one else wants to watch my bad acting anymore"

KILL IT...... KILL THE WHEATON
....damn roxicottentail this is awesomness

Old 02-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #19
cingularring

There's absolutely no excuse for the hack job of writing done in the prequel trilogy.
Thank you!!

Old 02-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #20
FateHostera

I always liked Wesley. And Wil Wheaton for that matter.

Reply to Thread New Thread