LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #1
artofeyyy

Default Khulasa wa Tasheel Qasd-us-Sabeel?
Anyone read this book?

http://www.islamicbookcenter.org/ind...roduct_id=1517

Give your accounts of this book.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #2
mp3 free

*grasshoppers chirping*

Old 09-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #3
mitiaycatq

hazrat I heard qasd us sabeel itself was written in 8 days in itikaaf by hazrat thanvi rh. It is said to be a pure ilhaami book. It is the 2 books of hazrat thanvi rh that are enough for all salikeen/mashaikh. If one has this book and tarbiyatus salik then this is enough and summarizes tasawuff for both mureed/shaykh. This is what I heard from a shaykh who requested duas also.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #4
PlanTaleks

Qasdus Sabeel itself is such an awsome book.. why would you need tasheel and khulasa?

Old 09-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #5
goolen4you

Why don't you tell us some thing?
Wassalam

Old 09-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #6
aaaaaaaabbbby

Anyone read this book?

http://www.islamicbookcenter.org/ind...roduct_id=1517

Give your accounts of this book.

Its a very beneficial book.. Hazrat Mufti Muhammed Shafi sahab has given the khulasa.. read it many yrs back..

wa assalam..

Old 09-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #7
gghrdfffhfyj

Its a very beneficial book.. Hazrat Mufti Muhammed Shafi sahab has given the khulasa.. read it many yrs back..

wa assalam..
What is your khulasa of his khulasa?

Old 09-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #8
Twelearly

Qasdus Sabeel itself is such an awsome book.. why would you need tasheel and khulasa?

Arrey moulana, hot dog and bun is enough why do we need the condiments?

I was just wondering what the Mufti Shafi sahib (ra) has written as khulasah, if anyone has read this book to maybe give me a taste, an appetizer. Going back to the hot dog comment, please remember:

Old 09-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #9
diundasmink

Looks like the origional book was written in Alimana language,which in this time many people might have difficulty to understand.Hazrat Mufti sb,tried to write it in modren urdu.I have read both,the origional and the tsheel.I found the tasheel fully representative of the origional book.
About the book,it represents Hkim ul ummat ra,s views on tassawuf in a very concise way.I have heard Mashaikh saying,that if some one truely understand and practice this book,he needs nothing more in sulook.Wallaho Alam.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #10
phsyalcvqh

Mashallah great stuff. So give us some info from the book guys....

Old 09-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #11
euylvaygdq

I read the introduction, it seems that the author is expounding on the definition of "faqeeri" - what is faqeeri and what does it mean to be a faqeer? He says that there are many misconceptions with this term faqeer and faqeeri, some people have gone into haraam because of the misconceptions and the false understanding. So he is setting out to give the correct understanding of this word. So this is his first hidayath, worth being written in gold:

Anyone can translate? Maripat the walking talking Urdu to English dictionary??

Old 09-04-2012, 02:57 AM   #12
ephennaCypota

I read the introduction, it seems that the author is expounding on the definition of "faqeeri" - what is faqeeri and what does it mean to be a faqeer? He says that there are many misconceptions with this term faqeer and faqeeri, some people have gone into haraam because of the misconceptions and the false understanding. So he is setting out to give the correct understanding of this word. So this is his first hidayath, worth being written in gold:

Seems there are a few terms here worth defining first before anyone can understand the hidayath in itself:

(1) Faqeeri - what is general definition of faqeeri (he is defining it anyways in the book)

(2) Zaahir

(3) Baatin

(4) I think the Urdu word used here is "aaraasta" - if we can get definition it would be helpful to understand what this shaikh is saying as first hidayath about what is faqeeri

Old 09-04-2012, 02:57 AM   #13
WrinnaArraple

Here is text for the first hidayat from the English translation I have of "Tasheel Qasd us Sabeel".
Since I've typed the following from the book, there might be typos.

"
Hidayat No 1:
The meaning of Faqeeri is to adorn one's zaahir (the body, the external acts)
and baatin(the heart and soul).The zaahir is adorned by means of acts related to and rendered by the physical body.
Practising such acts is essential. Such acts are Salaat, Fasting, etc.

The "baatin" is adorned by the cultivation of true beliefs and virtuous qualities such as Ikhlaas[sincerity],
shukr[gratitude], sabr[patience], zuhd[elimination of worldly love] and tawaaadhu' [humility].

This description, vis. adornment of the zaahir and baatin, is one stage of Faqiri.
This stage is called "Wilaayat-e-Aam-mah" or general bond of friendship with Allah Ta'ala.
Every pious Muslim is on this stage of Faqeeri.

The second stage of Faqeeri is called Wilaayat-e-Khaas-sah or a special bond of friendship with Allah.
This second stage of Faqeeri is exclusive with the Auliyaa or Saints. This stage consists, in addition to the constituents of the first stage, of engaging the zaahir in abundance of Nafl Ibaadaat, and the baatin with constant Zikrullah[remembrance of Allah].
At no time is there any scope for neglect and forgetfulnesss in this second stage of Faqeeri.
Thus, the second stage consists of everything of the first stage, plus abundance of Nafl acts and perpetual zikr.

The acquisition of first stage of Faqeeri [wilaayat-e-aam-mah] is Fardh [compuslory] on every Muslim.
This first stage has two essentials, viz. Knowledge and Practice.

Knowledge: By knowledge is meant sufficient knowledge of the Deen to enable one to conduct one's daily life in conformity with the teachings of the Deen.
Such knowledge ma y be acquired by studying authentic books or by enquiring the msaa-il from the Ulama.
Bheshti Zewer, Safaa-i Mu-aamalaat and Miftahul Jannat are books published by this humble servant.
These books are sufficient for one's daily requirements.

Practice: By practice is meant firm resolution to act in accordance with what has been learnt.
This resolution is essential so that one will not be prevented from virtuous deeds by the desires of the nafs and by the criticisms of people.

The acqusition of the second stage of Faqeeri [wilaayat-e-khaas-sah] is mustahab[preferred and meritorious].
Generally, most people regard only this second stage to be Faqeeri. However, if cultivation of the second stage of Faqeeri leads to interference and neglect of any essential teaching of the first stage of Faqeeri, then involvement in the second stage will not be permissible. Example: Some ignoramuses desert their wives and children and labour under the impression that they are journeying along the path of Faqeeri. They are, infact, caught up in deception.
"

Old 09-04-2012, 02:57 AM   #14
flanna.kersting

Brother taalib_e_i'lm has done the needfull.
So I'll add my words in deference to your instruction shaikh.
Elders use the word faqeer for themselves.
And some people have driven the concept into ground. So Hazrat Thanwi (RA) is clarifying the concept.
Literal meaning is of course beggar hood but actual meaning is detachment from this world (zuhd) which is further refined by Shaikh to signify adorning one's internal and external character.
Zahir is external. This not only includes physical appearance but also the appearance of actions-in deed this latter thing is the main meaning of Zahir. This is the manifestation of character.
Batin is internal. This is about the soul and the psyche. There are many atheists who have excellent external character. (This sinner painfully knows few of them.)

Does it help Shaikh?
And just to add a relevant info this sinner is in reality Urdu illiterate.
Wassalam

Old 09-04-2012, 02:57 AM   #15
ManituIKOL

Shaikh ra himself has summarized it as follows :
"The summary of all 'tareeq' are only TWO things:OBEDIENCE TO ALLAH SWT AND REMEMBERING HIM.Now 'sins' are against obedience,and Ghaflat is against rememberence;Therefore the actual thing to do is to be steadfast in obedience and always remember Allah swt,.....and to leave sins and Ghaflat"

Old 09-04-2012, 02:57 AM   #16
loan4younow

To add further from other sources of Hazrat ra :
ROOH AL TAREEQThe spirit of the way); "Alhamdolillah we know the objective,which indeed is the PLEASURE OF ALLAH swt,now only two things are to be noted,"The necessary knowledge of the path", and " practicing it".So the path is ONLY one ie "acting upon 'Zahiri' and 'Batini' orders of sharia...and two things are 'helpfull' to this objective ,One is Zikre ie rememberence of Allah swt (in quantity one can do easily), and the second is Suhba of Ahlullah,as much as is destined for you.If you don,t have time for it or too busy,then reading about their life and their malfoozat may be a valuable alternative..............And two things are against the objectives of sulook,one is to commit sins and second keeping one,s self busy in unnecessary things....and one more thing is MUST to gain benefit from all the above,ie to keep shaikh informed about one,s condition,whatever that may be"

Old 09-04-2012, 02:57 AM   #17
foI3fKWv

Shaikh ra writes to a salik,
FUTOOH UL TAREEQ (Opening of the Path):
A salik asked,What are the things to be gained from Ahlullah?and what is the method of it?
Hazrat replied "there are certain action we are asked by sharia to be done,and there are certains deeds prohibited by sharia,both groups are composed of zahiri deeds( like salat,hajj etc) as well as Batini deeds ( like good and bad manners etc).in both the two types a salik may commit some conceptual or practical errors.Mashaikh after listening and giving it a thought,advises accordingly.To act upon these advises is the duty of salik himself.To add in this task some zikre is also advised by shaikh.This explains both the path and the destination"

Old 09-04-2012, 02:57 AM   #18
johnlohanmclee

WUDOOHUL TAREEQ ( explaination of sulook):In response to a similar question Hazrat replied.
"there are certain diseases in nafs(lower self),the treatement of which is written in books,but just like physical diseases which are all written in books,but still a doctor is needed,similarly for treatement of dseases of nafs,a shaikh is needed"
-------------
TASHEEL AL TAAREEQ ( making tareeq simple):" If some wants to make things difficult for himself,that is something else,otherwise the path is very simple.Don,t think about the things neither in your control nor under your will, use your full will and strength in things which are under your control & intention.If a mistake is commited,seek repentence and move forward.What happened in the past can be corrected by seeking sincere repentence,for future use all your will not to commit mistakes again.And add " dua" too to this (prescription).

Old 09-04-2012, 02:57 AM   #19
bubborn

A salik asked about 'some wazifa' which help him to be obedient and submissive to Allah,and help him avoiding sins.
Hazrst ra replied "Obedience and disobedience are both under your will,wazifa has nothing to do with it.How to use your will is 'just to use it',there is no other method.,but yes,for controlling your will ,you need mujahida,which means working against nafs.When you practice this often,things gradually start becoming easy. I have written all the "ART" for you.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:57 AM   #20
homerdienru

Seems there are a few terms here worth defining first before anyone can understand the hidayath in itself:

(1) Faqeeri - what is general definition of faqeeri (he is defining it anyways in the book)

(2) Zaahir

(3) Baatin

(4) I think the Urdu word used here is "aaraasta" - if we can get definition it would be helpful to understand what this shaikh is saying as first hidayath about what is faqeeri
Faqeeri in this context probably means "the one whose heart is not attached to dunya".Now,a person may be rich from halal sources of income,this will not exclude him from definition of Faqeer unless his heart is involved in his money.I heard Ml Ashraf Sulemani ra saying " If a beggers heart is involved in his dirt worn out clothes,he is dunyadar ( materialist),on the other hand if a millionaire,s heart is not involved in his wealth,he is indeed Faqeer.
A person travelled long distances to meet khwaja Ubaidullah Ahrar ra.As Khwajja Ahrar ra was apparently
rich, the seeker got disapointed,and on meeting khwaja ra said:
"Na mard ast an ke dunya dost darad "
The one who loves dunya is not "a man"
Khwaja replied and responded by completing the verse,
" Agar darad barae dost darad
(and) if he loves dunya,He loves it for 'the sake of the BELOVED'

Reply to Thread New Thread