LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #21
pavlik

I know this doesn't specifically have to do with Islam, but I guess we could say one guy that is an "option" for marriage is a Saudi. I can't find any information by the Saudi government on if we can marry or not. The US page says that we can, but need KSA government permission... but it contains absolutely no details on how to pursue this.

I'm not looking for marriage advice, just whether or not an American can marry a Saudi, and possibly the steps to do so.
A Saudi Man can marry a non-saudi woman only after the permission of the govt. These days they are very strict and they don't give permission easily. They can marry outside of Saudia without the permission but the man will be fined 100,000 Riyals and the wife will NOT be RECOGNIZED as a legal wife here in Saudia and might face legal problems like VISA.

It is better that the nikah takes place after the permission letter has been attained from the Saudi Govt.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:37 AM   #22
obHQNsY2

A Saudi Man can marry a non-saudi woman only after the permission of the govt. These days they are very strict and they don't give permission easily. They can marry outside of Saudia without the permission but the man will be fined 100,000 Riyals and the wife will NOT be RECOGNIZED as a legal wife here in Saudia and might face legal problems like VISA.

It is better that the nikah takes place after the permission letter has been attained from the Saudi Govt.
So the website that says permission can be obtained is accurate?

Old 02-09-2012, 02:55 AM   #23
NudiJuicervich

I'm sorry sis, but are you that same sister who said she just became Muslim and was looking for an abaya?

and now you want to get married to Saudi?

Old 02-09-2012, 03:12 AM   #24
bawayTeen

I know this doesn't specifically have to do with Islam, but I guess we could say one guy that is an "option" for marriage is a Saudi. I can't find any information by the Saudi government on if we can marry or not. The US page says that we can, but need KSA government permission... but it contains absolutely no details on how to pursue this.

I'm not looking for marriage advice, just whether or not an American can marry a Saudi, and possibly the steps to do so.
Why cant you marry some practicing Muslim in America?
You need to do dawah to these people

Old 02-09-2012, 06:35 AM   #25
Gaxiciverfere

its not like pakistanis or somalis or bangladeshis are exactly "cool" with their youth marrying "outsiders" either so dont pin this on arabs
unlike the Arab middle Eastern Countries, Pakistanis, Somalis and Bangladeshis do not have a discriminative national policy on marriage.

Last time I checked Islam/deen alone should be the guidance on these matters and not some policy endorsed by Government which in my opinion are boderline racist, discriminative and un Islamic.

Even Kuffar countries do not restrict their citizens on who they should and should not marry.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #26
attractiveweb

So the website that says permission can be obtained is accurate?
sister amna please read this blog
http://americanbedu.com/2011/06/06/s...di-is-serious/

Old 03-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #27
errolespopume

I'm sorry sis, but are you that same sister who said she just became Muslim and was looking for an abaya?

and now you want to get married to Saudi?
Well, that is me, but it was that I wanted to start wearing an abaya, not that I 'just became' Muslim. Big difference

Sister Firaswager, I've read the post and actually was able to get in contact with the blogger in the past couple days to chat with people.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #28
Vagtlaldo

unlike the Arab middle Eastern Countries, Pakistanis, Somalis and Bangladeshis do not have a discriminative national policy on marriage.

Last time I checked Islam/deen alone should be the guidance on these matters and not some policy endorsed by Government which in my opinion are boderline racist, discriminative and un Islamic.

Even Kuffar countries do not restrict their citizens on who they should and should not marry.
your last statement is inaccurate:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/ju...s-stark-choice

Also why are you so concerned with comparing saudi with other nations on issues of marraige? saudi is more islmaic than most countries on the vast majority of issues but it seems strange to me that you would find it more important to question the policies of nations whom you consider as dogs of ameerica and whom we cant do a nything about rather than criticise your own communities which make it very difficult to marry into.

Quick to point fingers, slow to do anything about your own situations. serious disease afflicting the ummah. always worried bout what others are doing

Old 04-09-2012, 05:53 AM   #29
NofFoomiTot

your last statement is inaccurate:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/ju...s-stark-choice

Also why are you so concerned with comparing saudi with other nations on issues of marraige? saudi is more islmaic than most countries on the vast majority of issues but it seems strange to me that you would find it more important to question the policies of nations whom you consider as dogs of ameerica and whom we cant do a nything about rather than criticise your own communities which make it very difficult to marry into.

Quick to point fingers, slow to do anything about your own situations. serious disease afflicting the ummah. always worried bout what others are doing
marry a non Brit

I've not seen anywhere in that article that states a Brit cannot marry someone who isnt British

Anyone in UK can marry anyone from anywhere around the world or inside UK

While in KSA Saudis are not allowed to marry one one from outside KSA simply for racial and discriminative reasons...i would go as far as call it a superiority complex Arabs from those Arab states have over others and more importantly this racist and kuffar policy is strictly imposed by the so called ''ISLAMIC'' countries

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #30
antilt

ohhh dear

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #31
Reatclaplen

Financial matters are also related to it. Bangladeshi people in most of the cases marry foreigners for worldly benefits.
Living in this type of country is quite disgusting because if I want to marry in another country, people of both countries will think me as a greedy and opportunity seeker person.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #32
RadcliffXX

due to state imposed racism and ignorance they wouldn't allow a non saudi to marry one of theirs

so much so for Islamic principles in the Islamic republic

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #33
BgpOoGI2

Bismillah
I for one would not marry an Arab muslimah unless she is pious enough and non materialistic and women enough.. I have had running with abaya wearing arabic ladies and found them to have attitude and they have every right. If you are a soft demeaner, then forget marrying an Arabic ladies from middleast.
The western born arabs are different from the arab born muslimahs.
Unless there is no other option, try to find spouse from similar background or country i.e UK, USA. The last option would be to venture out but make sure you keep your finace matter seperate from your spouse!!
Allahualam

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #34
Nemerov

Yes a Saudi Woman can marry a Non-Saudi, and a Saudi Man can marry a Non-Saudi Female.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #35
GWRIeEQp

Yes a Saudi Woman can marry a Non-Saudi, and a Saudi Man can marry a Non-Saudi Female.
Actually the state does not allow this.

the same applies to other gulf states

Reply to Thread New Thread