LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-19-2017, 04:15 AM   #1
arry J

Default Hamels. NOTES: Rockies LF Carlos Gonzalez was lifted after th
MONTREAL -- Tournament director Eugene Lapierre called Agnieszka Radwanska the "anti-star," and he meant it in a good way. Cheap Adidas NMD Online . The right-hander, who won the US$2.44 million womens Rogers Cup with a too-easy 6-4, 6-2 victory over Venus Williams on Sunday, is not flashy on or off the court. She is relentlessly efficient, a tireless returner of balls from the baseline, with subtle changes of speed and spin that wear down vulnerable opponents like Williams, who had worn her 34-year-old self out with a stirring, three-set win over her top-ranked sister Serena Williams in the semifinals. The third-seeded Radwanska, the first Rogers Cup champion from Poland, picked up her first tournament win of the year at the hardcourt event and the $441,000 winners prize. "She played great tennis the whole week, playing and beating a lot of good players on the way to the final," Radwanska said of Williams, a seven-time grand slam champion in her glory years. "I think I am even more happy to beat Venus when shes really on fire." Radwanska, ranked fifth in the world to Williams 26th, posted her first Rogers Cup win after twice reaching the semifinals. It was her first victory since 2013 at Seoul. She was the best, most consistent player all week, mowing down Victoria Azarenka in two sets in the quarter-finals before beating a hot Ekaterina Makarova in two long sets in the semis. "I think I was playing much better every match," the 25-year-old Radwanska said. "I didnt start that well from my first match, but every match was much better. "Thats why I think Im sitting right here now with you (reporters). I was feeling the balls much better." The Krakow, Poland native shot off to a 4-1 lead, but Williams answered with a break that had the centre court crowd on its feet as Radwanska hit a drop shot, Williams dropped back, Radwanska hit a lob and Williams got back in time to win the point with a cross-court slash. Radwanska settled back in to finish the set and opened the second with a service break. After Williams broke to tie it at 2-2, she gave the break to Radwanska with a pair of double faults. Radwanska cruised the rest of the way, punctuating her victory with an ace on match point. Williams had an excellent week that will put her back into the world top-20 starting Monday. Her six matches, four of them in three sets, included wins over sixth-seeded Angelique Kerber and 14th-seeded Carla Suarez Navarro. But beating Radwanska required more energy and patience than she had left for the final. "Against her, you really have to be patient," said Williams. "Today, I just didnt have everything to be patient and really work the point. "I wanted to give more, but I just didnt have it. It felt great to play so well this week. I really would like to think under circumstances, where I could give everything I have, that the results could have been a little different." She fell short in her bid to become the events oldest champion after Martina Navratilova, who won 52 days before her 33rd birthday in 1989. Still, Williams was upbeat about her game, which is on the rebound after a few years of injuries and a battle with the auto-immune disease Sjogrens Syndrome. The five-time Wimbledon champion could even be a factor at the U.S. Open that starts Aug. 25 in New York, where she won in 2000 and 2001. "Its starting to come," she said. "Finding myself in all these different situations where youre playing the world No. 1, youre in the semifinals, youre in a final, Ive done it so many times, but I havent done it in a while. "Im so grateful just for everything. Its a whole new way of looking at things now." That includes not being upset at losing in the final, which earned her $220,000. "This week I was tired because I played so many matches," she added. "Thats great for me. "Instead of unreasonable fatigue thats unconquerable, just the opposite really: a fatigue from too much success. Thats the positive. I ran out of energy because I was winning too many matches. I havent had that problem in a long time." Williams has played the Rogers Cup in alternate years when it is held in Toronto, but had never played it in Montreal. She became a fan favourite and said she fell in love with the tournament and the city, telling centre court fans she hopes to be back many more times. She will be back in the region soon, as she plans to play the lower-level Coupe Banque Nationale Sept. 6-14 in Quebec City. In the doubles final, the top-ranked Italian duo of Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci defeated Cara Black and Sania Mirza 7-6 (4), 6-3. Organizers announced the tournament drew 181,996 spectators, topping the previous high of 175,000. Sales were boosted by the recent success of Eugenie Bouchard, but the Westmont, Que., native lost her first match on Tuesday to Shelby Rogers. Grey Adidas NMD 2018 . He looked very comfortable Wednesday night. Konerko had a big three-run double and Gordon Beckham homered for the second straight game, leading the Chicago White Sox to an 8-3 victory over the sliding Chicago Cubs. Wholesale 2018 Adidas NMD Online . -- Desperate to stop Tom Bradys latest comeback bid, the Miami Dolphins sought help from a reserve safety making his NFL debut after being signed Tuesday off the San Francisco 49ers practice squad. Cheap Adidas NMD 2018 - Wholesale Womens Black Adidas NMD For Sale . 8 Sergio Parisse for its penultimate Six Nations match against Ireland at Lansdowne Road. PHILADELPHIA -- Wilin Rosario got some words of encouragement and then broke himself and the Colorado Rockies out of an offensive slump. Rosario hit a go-ahead, three-run homer and Jorge De La Rosa pitched six strong innings to lift the Rockies to a 6-2 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday night. Rosario entered the game without a hit in his previous 13 at-bats, but he got a pep talk from De La Rosa before the game. "I told Rosario in the training room before the game, You have to do something to win the game," a smiling De La Rosa said afterward. "And he did." Drew Stubbs went 2 for 4 with a double and an RBI for the Rockies, who had lost four of five while being outscored 16-0 in their two previous games. "That was a great win because we battled hard," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "We had a tough night (Monday). This team shows up well every day, and they turn the page. They went out there ready to win a game tonight." Ben Revere hit his first career homer in his 1,466th at-bat, and Darin Ruf also went deep for the Phillies. The start of the game was delayed 1 hour, 22 minutes due to rain. De La Rosa (6-3) continued his strong stretch, allowing one run and six hits with four strikeouts and two walks. The left-hander is 6-0 with a 1.58 ERA in his last seven starts. He wiggled out of a bases-loaded, no-out jam in the third when he got Revere to ground out, Jimmy Rollins to pop out and Chase Utley to fly out. "I just tried to keep the ball on the ground," De La Rosa said. "Thats how I got out of it." Said Weiss, "I feel like the game kind of turned right there. That was critical." Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg agreed. "Came back to haunt us," Sandberg said. "Thats a big momentum inning for them getting out of it. . Theres just something about getting the job done in that situation." Philadelphia starter Cole Hamels (1-3) was cruising along until walking consecutive batters with one out in the seventh. After Justin Morneau flied out for the second out, Rosario broke out of a slump by lifting Hamels first pitch just over the wall in right to give Colorado a 4-1 lead. He had been 0 for 15 before the homer, his sixth in 10 career games at Citizens Bank Park. "That was a big hit for him, a real money hit," Weiss said. Cheap Adidas NMD R1 Shoes. Said Hamels, "If the pitch is down, its a definite different result. Its just a poorly executed pitch. I have to be able to make that pitch." Hamels left after the seventh after giving up four runs and three hits with four strikeouts and those two walks. Reveres one-out homer off left-handed reliever Boone Logan in the seventh just cleared the wall in right to pull Philadelphia within 4-2. Revere pointed skyward after crossing the plate, then grinned while receiving congratulations from Rollins before entering a silent dugout. His teammates relented after a minute or so and mobbed the smiling Revere. "Its a good feeling," Revere said. "When I got to second base, I didnt know what to do. I was trying not to smile but some guys got on me. It was fun. Ill try to hit 400 more." Rufs fourth-inning homer to left tied the game at 1 and halted De La Rosas scoreless streak at 15 1-3 innings. Ruf was starting at first base in place of left-handed slugger Ryan Howard, who sat against the lefty starter despite going 3 for 4 with a homer and five RBIs in Philadelphias 9-0 win over Colorado on Monday and knocking in 14 runs in his last nine games against the Rockies. It was the first homer of the season for Ruf, who was activated from the disabled list last Wednesday after recovering from a left oblique strain. Howard pinch hit with one out and two on in the eighth against righty Adam Ottavino and grounded into an inning-ending double play. It was the 58th double play of the season for the Rockies, who led the majors in that category entering Tuesday. Colorado got on the board first with a run in the fourth on Troy Tulowitzkis hard-hit sacrifice fly. Tulowitzki, the NL batting leader who entered hitting .447 off lefties, went 0 for 2 against Hamels. NOTES: Rockies LF Carlos Gonzalez was lifted after the fourth inning due to a right calf contusion. He is day-to-day. . Philadelphias Marlon Byrd went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts, dropping him to 1 for his last 17. ... LPGA golfer Gerina Piller was on hand to promote the tours stop this week at the ShopRite LPGA Classic in Galloway, New Jersey. ... The three-game series concludes Wednesday night when Rockies RHP Jordan Lyles (5-1, 3.45) opposes Phillies RHP Roberto Hernandez (2-2, 3.83). Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Reply to Thread New Thread