LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
CaseyFan

Default Useful Information
Something to file away...

America's new pioneers may be defined by expat America, 5 million strong and growing!

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ess=439x359940

Thought I'd pass it along...

Old 02-07-2011, 12:20 AM   #2
Karensmith

Excellent article Keyser...

It is interesting how those countries that have the highest levels of social Consciousness, also have the highest GDP per capita (quality of life) - and the lowest incarceration rates.

I will be joining these rising ranks of enlightened expats next month, so to be far away as this country slowly continues to consume itself.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:03 AM   #3
feseEscaple

It is interesting how those countries that have the highest levels of social Consciousness, also have the highest GDP per capita (quality of life) - and the lowest incarceration rates.

I will be joining these rising ranks of enlightened expats next month, so to be far away as this country slowly continues to consume itself.
Pointing to those random & unrelated facts does nothing to bolster an argument against incarcerating more violent, druggie, evil ppl than any other country on earth..

Old 02-07-2011, 01:20 AM   #4
finasteride

Ahh yes Mr Gone, may I ask where you've chosen to go?

Old 02-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
Jourgenz

Pointing to those random & unrelated facts does nothing to bolster an argument against incarcerating more violent, druggie, evil ppl than any other country on earth..
Thank you for agreeing that they are facts. IMO, there are many reasons all those 'other' countries have such low rates of violent crime To start with, they maintain a culture which has respect for others, with less class division and life long sustainable jobs. It's enlightened citizens also voluntarily practice responsible procreation, which in a social democracy equals a higher quality of life.

The US conversely is starting to look like a cage with too many monkeys and not enough to eat.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
enurneAcourdy

Ahh yes Mr Gone, may I ask where you've chosen to go?
First let me say that this endeavor is being pursued, first to gain some financial independence - which I have found frustratingly elusive in the US. And second, to validate by experience, what I have researched regarding the overall quality of life in other countries.

I've decided to travel on the coat tails of a huge military industrial complex corporation. By doing this I will forgo paying any federal taxes on my hard earned income. First stop will be Korea for a couple of years, then possibly onto Germany.

Wish me luck...

Old 02-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #7
JanetMorris

First let me say that this endeavor is being pursued, first to gain some financial independence - which I have found frustratingly elusive in the US. And second, to validate by experience, what I have researched regarding the overall quality of life in other countries.

I've decided to travel on the coat tails of a huge military industrial complex corporation. By doing this I will forgo paying any federal taxes on my hard earned income. First stop will be Korea for a couple of years, then possibly onto Germany.

Wish me luck...
Halliburton? Just a guess...you don't have to say yea or nay (as you know). I hope you continue to post and tell us of your findings. I for one would be very pleased to hear your views and experiences. I'd love to be able to travel abroad...

Riding the coat tails of an American MIC corp is job security...no question about that.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #8
lizadax

Thank you for agreeing that they are facts. IMO, there are many reasons all those 'other' countries have such low rates of violent crime To start with, they maintain a culture which has respect for others, with less class division and life long sustainable jobs. It's enlightened citizens also voluntarily practice responsible procreation, which in a social democracy equals a higher quality of life.

The US conversely is starting to look like a cage with too many monkeys and not enough to eat.
I think the ppl in Europe have seen Americans (most) just like that......

While we wish to see ourselves as better than them, they see us as slightly less uncouth than they see the barbaric Russians which also has a huge prison population & social problems galore.....

I do not believe that Americans are more prone to violence & crime than anyone one else genetically, & I agree that it is our society & perhaps cold indifference to our fellow citizens..

Old 02-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #9
leflyCode

Halliburton? Just a guess...you don't have to say yea or nay (as you know). I hope you continue to post and tell us of your findings. I for one would be very pleased to hear your views and experiences. I'd love to be able to travel abroad...

Riding the coat tails of an American MIC corp is job security...no question about that.
Will do Keyser... The corp. I will be with is not as large as Haliburton, but is about the same size as General Dynamics or Booze Allen.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #10
pavilionnotebook

I think the ppl in Europe have seen Americans (most) just like that......

While we wish to see ourselves as better than them, they see us as slightly less uncouth than they see the barbaric Russians which also has a huge prison population & social problems galore.....

I do not believe that Americans are more prone to violence & crime than anyone one else genetically, & I agree that it is our society & perhaps cold indifference to our fellow citizens..
I agree... It is pretty bad when one has to compare the crime rate of the US to that of Russia.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #11
Rffkwfct

I agree... It is pretty bad when one has to compare the crime rate of the US to that of Russia.
I think there are some striking similarities.........

Also some stark contrasts..........

I think one of those similarities is government ran by the oligarchs......

Here they have decriminalized most of their crimes........

Reply to Thread New Thread