LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
POMAH_K

Something tells me it will beyond the price range of your average Glastonbury crusty, especialy after the've actually paid for a ticket!
Who can look after the tent at a festival anyway? It always ends up fucked lol

Old 09-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
wantedLOX

I've never been camping.

Old 09-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
Avaindimik

Something tells me it will beyond the price range of your average Glastonbury crusty, especialy after the've actually paid for a ticket!

Old 09-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
wantedLOX

LOL...it's not for everyone, but it's beautiful....you won't think of straightening your hair when you wake up looking at views like this every morning:

111.jpg
Wow... that's beautiful!

And yes... I think I'll get over myself once I'm out there and probably feel a lot more free with not having to do my whole 'face the world' routine.

Old 09-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
Fluivelip

I love camping paired with hiking and fishing. I am also for the basics group. These tents are very cool though esp the solar system to power up gadgets etc. I know at times when one has to charge via car...it can easily drain the car's battery. So this will be a big help using the sun's energy.

I also love the idea of that groundsheet heating. I can remember when we went camping b4 near the Mississippi river. We we're not aware there was a storm in the middle of the night and we nearly ended up freezing as the temps dropped to what we weren't prepared for. Most of our extra comforters were in the car which was quite far from the tent area and no one can't leave as the storm was too strong. So these tents would help in survival too

Old 09-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #6
Smittoh

I too love camping. I couldn't believe it when I met Joe, he had never gone camping, and, therefore his so, 7 years old, hadn't either! I'm by no means a live off the land camper, but I felt like I was Survivor woman when I took the two boys, out. We even stayed the first time at a campground w/bathrooms that had hot water.

We've roughed it more so since, but I do like bathrooms, nearby.....

Old 09-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #7
wantedLOX

Come visit! I'll take you camping! I have loads of stuff.
Really? That's crazy...I love camping. I'm with Darrell...give me the basics and I'll make due. Actually....this is in the truck all summer....

camp.jpg

The solar one is cool, but unnecessary, imo, it's crazy what people dream up.
Well you guys need to teach me the ways of camping!

I really have no idea how I'll handle it. The thought of not being able to flat iron my hair is scary. And I'm absolutely terrified of bugs. I've become a complete girly girl. Sad but true.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #8
WapSaibiar

Well you guys need to teach me the ways of camping!

I really have no idea how I'll handle it. The thought of not being able to flat iron my hair is scary. And I'm absolutely terrified of bugs. I've become a complete girly girl. Sad but true.
LOL...it's not for everyone, but it's beautiful....you won't think of straightening your hair when you wake up looking at views like this every morning:

111.jpg

Old 09-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #9
dogdesign

Just give me a tent, a sleeping bag, a good outdoor knife for getting branches and shit, and a cooler. I don't need all that high tech shit for camping. That's for pussies, same with RV camping. (no offense to anyone)

Old 09-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #10
wantedLOX

Since you have plans this summer. Come visit me next summer, we will go camping up near my folks lake house, so we can take the boat out fishing.
Sounds good to me.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #11
Bromymbollile

Who can look after the tent at a festival anyway? It always ends up fucked lol
....the one pitched in my pants

Old 09-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #12
WapSaibiar

I love camping paired with hiking and fishing. I am also for the basics group. These tents are very cool though esp the solar system to power up gadgets etc. I know at times when one has to charge via car...it can easily drain the car's battery. So this will be a big help using the sun's energy.

I also love the idea of that groundsheet heating. I can remember when we went camping b4 near the Mississippi river. We we're not aware there was a storm in the middle of the night and we nearly ended up freezing as the temps dropped to what we weren't prepared for. Most of our extra comforters were in the car which was quite far from the tent area and no one can't leave as the storm was too strong. So these tents would help in survival too
I like the heated groundsheet....it does get pretty cold/damp sometimes.

That storm sounds awful...how'd you keep the tent up?

Old 09-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
WapSaibiar

I've never been camping.
Really? That's crazy...I love camping. I'm with Darrell...give me the basics and I'll make due. Actually....this is in the truck all summer....

camp.jpg

The solar one is cool, but unnecessary, imo, it's crazy what people dream up.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:10 PM   #14
wantedLOX

That's very cool.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:13 PM   #15
Fluivelip

111.jpg
Yeah I love camping too and waking up to those kinds of views. We always pick one near a body of water type of camping (just like in your pic) It's awesome

Old 09-22-2012, 02:41 AM   #16
Fluivelip

I like the heated groundsheet....it does get pretty cold/damp sometimes.

That storm sounds awful...how'd you keep the tent up?
It was a huge tent that can accommodate about 6-8 people. We spread out to use our weight to hold it down on it's side esp near the stakes. Some of the braver guys went out to make sure all of the stakes were still intact. It was a big relief after the storm & we survived

Old 09-22-2012, 02:45 AM   #17
dogdesign

I also love the idea of that groundsheet heating.
Sleep in a DFP, you learn to cope with the cold ground.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:16 AM   #18
WapSaibiar

Wow... that's beautiful!

And yes... I think I'll get over myself once I'm out there and probably feel a lot more free with not having to do my whole 'face the world' routine.
I'm the same 99% of the time...I have to look my best going out, but it's so great camping, everyone is just roughing it and not paying attention to what anyone is wearing. Damn...I'm missing it now that I'm talking about it. We found one camp ground last year that is my favorite so far and I will be there for 4 or 5 nights next summer, I can't wait. The owner made us stay in a bunkie though...there was a hurricane watch out for the weekend we were there.

It's brings a whole new meaning to the word "relaxing".

Old 09-22-2012, 03:53 AM   #19
Fluivelip

Sleep in a DFP, you learn to cope with the cold ground.
Lol....what's DFP
On a side note...cold ground as in freezing temp just like the midwest type of freezing temp? Not California cold temp, i presume.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:56 AM   #20
dogdesign

I've never been camping.
Come visit! I'll take you camping! I have loads of stuff.

Reply to Thread New Thread