LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-05-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
pavelChe

I'm using "lifer" as a dog unable to be adopted to another set of strangers. from what i saw, she tried to develop a refuge for dogs unsuitable for adoption aside from the normal adoption kennels. Correct me if i'm wrong. responsible pit bull owners are few and far between. A dog has a second chance live out life in a more controlled environment is better than a dead one. Dogs in kennels is sad sad reality, but i would like to think there is hope for these dogs to find another home.

Anyways, not even getting into the show, or the rescue. I feel like the previous owner failed that dog, and the judicial system failed that dog. If the dog is not a suitable pet for anyone, it should be put down. The dog is being treated like a criminal, when the real crime is on the previous owner. What were her punishments for negligence? I feel it harsh that the dog gets no chance of rehab to live with another responsible owner, yet rapists and murders have a shot at it.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
Mark_NyB

Yea I know what lifer means. Doesn't make the place any less of a dump. No kill shelters blow. Living out one's existence in a kennel with no chance of adoption is sad and cruel. The dog would be better off PTS but the "owner" is selfish once again and the dog suffers for it.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #3
Aaron757

Yea I know what lifer means. Doesn't make the place any less of a dump. No kill shelters blow. Living out one's existence in a kennel with no chance of adoption is sad and cruel. The dog would be better off PTS but the "owner" is selfish once again and the dog suffers for it.
I know Im a few days late on this thread but I agree.

also, Pradas previous owner is a stupid bitch

Old 02-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
tuszit

Honestly as someone who has had to continuously hear about this issue, someone who sat down and read every page of the court notes when they were released, read the owners side of the story. I am glad its over, however the affects of this on the community and city and state she is from, I feel have yet to be seen. Due to the fact that the media had a hey day with this, I just feel the negative effects from it have yet to surface. I don't necessarily agree with the ruling, this is a 4 year old dog, condemned to live out her remaining 8 to 10 years in a cage. That is no life for a dog. In reality she is being punished for her owners negligence and mistakes. Doesn't really seem fair to the dog.

I just don't know if I would call it a victory that is all.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
Aaron757

I agree completely SBT. Its so sad that now Prada has to live in a rescue for so many remaining years.. Id rather her just be able to rest in peace. Its so selfish and f*cked up that this lady kept pushing and pushing and now her dog has to be miserable for so many years because SHE was a shitty ass owner. I wish I could email this lady and give her a peace of my mind!

Old 02-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #6
lrtoinbert

I'm surprised she hasn't come here and posted. Every article I've read about Prada, the owner has piped in on the comments to try to tell her side. She must not want to deal with us.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #7
Aaron757

Cuz she knows we´re right and she doesnt want to get yelled at for completely FUCKING UP this poor dogs life.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

I made a post called ¨Prada Andree¨ in hopes of luring that bitch over here to PBC so we can verbally kick her ass lol

Old 02-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #8
Mark_NyB

Probably because she knows that NO ONE here is on her side and there's really nothing she could say to make herself look better here. I could see her posting in other forums and having some success with not being ridiculed like she more than likely would be here.

We don't handle ignorance and irresponsibility well.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #9
Aaron757

Probably because she knows that NO ONE here is on her side and there's really nothing she could say to make herself look better here. I could see her posting in other forums and having some success with not being ridiculed like she more than likely would be here.

We don't handle ignorance and irresponsibility well.
No we don´t!! Well said!

Old 02-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #10
tuszit

I agree completely SBT. Its so sad that now Prada has to live in a rescue for so many remaining years.. Id rather her just be able to rest in peace. Its so selfish and f*cked up that this lady kept pushing and pushing and now her dog has to be miserable for so many years because SHE was a shitty ass owner. I wish I could email this lady and give her a peace of my mind!
Not to mention it wasn't that long ago that the state of TN shot down a proposal for statewide BSL. Now due to all the media coverage from this, (and there was a lot of it) it kind of brought the breed back into the news. Not saying it would cause another proposal for BSL, but what happened is out there now. I just pray it doesn't trigger another BSL proposal.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

I'm surprised she hasn't come here and posted. Every article I've read about Prada, the owner has piped in on the comments to try to tell her side. She must not want to deal with us.
At the end of the day its over, maybe she has let it go. I mean the dog gets to live. Maybe it's time everyone lets it go.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #11
Aaron757

At the end of the day its over, maybe she has let it go. I mean the dog gets to live. Maybe it's time everyone lets it go.
I wish I could agree with you but how can she let it go? and how can we let it go? Knowing that Prada DOESNT get to let it go.. She gets to sit in jail and deal with it for 8 more years

Old 02-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #12
tuszit

I'm not sure, its one of those things that really is out of anyone's control at this point.
And I do feel really really bad for the dog. She will never know the love of a family again.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #13
giftbestcom

Has anyone actually been to Villalobos? The dogs don't just sit in the cages all day with nothing to do besides eat and drink. Voulenteers come in and walk the dogs on top of the people working there and they have a trainer that works with them on manners and what not. Plus they have bully boot camp or whatever where people come and spend a whole week there with the dogs. Obviously 200 is a lot of dogs but it's not a hording situation...

Old 02-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #14
ovH9wfSJ

Has anyone actually been to Villalobos? The dogs don't just sit in the cages all day with nothing to do besides eat and drink. Voulenteers come in and walk the dogs on top of the people working there and they have a trainer that works with them on manners and what not. Plus they have bully boot camp or whatever where people come and spend a whole week there with the dogs. Obviously 200 is a lot of dogs but it's not a hording situation...
I know other people did but I didn't called them actual hoarders because I know they feed the dogs and get them medical attention and what not and my definition of a hoarder doesn't include those things. I just think the dogs don't get enough human interaction and it can flat out RUIN a good dog. For instance, I watched one episode where a potential adopter picked out a dog that I believe was around 1 who had been at Villalobos since it was a young puppy. It turns out the dog couldn't be adopted by those people because it just didn't know how to behave in a home setting. I found that incredibly sad. They had it since it was a puppy... it should have been socialized but it wasn't and now that dog potentially has to live in a cage for the next 10 years. It's situations like that that make me not like Villalobos. It's great that they're trying but I think they could do more good if they put down the dogs that are TRULY unadoptable and focus on a smaller number of adoptable dogs. Less dogs mean more time and resources to devote to dogs that can go out and get adopted to good homes and be good examples of pitbull type dogs. That's just how I feel about the situation.

Again, Prada's owner screwed up and Prada has to suffer. And let's not forget about the people whose dogs got attacked. They deserve a little justice. This woman spent all that money saving her dog... did she pay the vet bills for those dogs??

Old 02-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #15
giftbestcom

I know other people did but I didn't called them actual hoarders because I know they feed the dogs and get them medical attention and what not and my definition of a hoarder doesn't include those things. I just think the dogs don't get enough human interaction and it can flat out RUIN a good dog. For instance, I watched one episode where a potential adopter picked out a dog that I believe was around 1 who had been at Villalobos since it was a young puppy. It turns out the dog couldn't be adopted by those people because it just didn't know how to behave in a home setting. I found that incredibly sad. They had it since it was a puppy... it should have been socialized but it wasn't and now that dog potentially has to live in a cage for the next 10 years. It's situations like that that make me not like Villalobos. It's great that they're trying but I think they could do more good if they put down the dogs that are TRULY unadoptable and focus on a smaller number of adoptable dogs. Less dogs mean more time and resources to devote to dogs that can go out and get adopted to good homes and be good examples of pitbull type dogs. That's just how I feel about the situation.

Again, Prada's owner screwed up and Prada has to suffer. And let's not forget about the people whose dogs got attacked. They deserve a little justice. This woman spent all that money saving her dog... did she pay the vet bills for those dogs??
For sure they could do a lot of things differently and better and she does tend to try not to say no which is a potential for them not getting what we consider a fair amount of attention but I do see improvement in the seasons. To be honest I had never heard of the rescue at all 'till I saw it on Animal Planet and through out the time I've noticed changes for the better. For instance getting the trainer. Now more people are seeing what she is doing and donating to the cause which allows trainers and all the attention gets volunteers. However, here will always be room for improvement. Also I do like the fact she gives people second chances as well as the fact that she is truthful about them tending to fight with each other and has multiple fences to keep them contained as possible.

As far as the unadoptables go, I agree to a point. Many won't really agree with me on this but I really don't think a dog should be put down for anything besides hurting a person or medical reasons. It kind of bothers me when people say "that dog would be better off dead!" who am I or anyone else to decide if a dog should die when it really didn't do anything wrong? They're living beings too with a will to live just as we are. We have no idea how things are run there for the unadoptable dogs there. Since they are for sure not going anywhere how do we know they aren't taken care of by the owners more than the rest when it comes to attention? For all we know they go home with them at night.

And yes. Prada's owners was a twit and I don't think she should ever own a dog again. And I doubt she paid the bills considering how backwards she is. I kind of want to slap her.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:50 AM   #16
ovH9wfSJ

For sure they could do a lot of things differently and better and she does tend to try not to say no which is a potential for them not getting what we consider a fair amount of attention but I do see improvement in the seasons. To be honest I had never heard of the rescue at all 'till I saw it on Animal Planet and through out the time I've noticed changes for the better. For instance getting the trainer. Now more people are seeing what she is doing and donating to the cause which allows trainers and all the attention gets volunteers. However, here will always be room for improvement. Also I do like the fact she gives people second chances as well as the fact that she is truthful about them tending to fight with each other and has multiple fences to keep them contained as possible.
I don't watch on a regular basis so I don't know how they've improved. If they did and are working more towards training and socializing the dogs to make them better candidates for adoption then I'm very glad! Being honest about pitbulls being DA is hard because some pitbull "advocates" are in complete denial and others will take it as a sign of proof that pitbulls are "vicious". So I can appreciate her being upfront about that.

As far as the unadoptables go, I agree to a point. Many won't really agree with me on this but I really don't think a dog should be put down for anything besides hurting a person or medical reasons. It kind of bothers me when people say "that dog would be better off dead!" who am I or anyone else to decide if a dog should die when it really didn't do anything wrong? They're living beings too with a will to live just as we are. We have no idea how things are run there for the unadoptable dogs there. Since they are for sure not going anywhere how do we know they aren't taken care of by the owners more than the rest when it comes to attention? For all we know they go home with them at night.
I agree to an extent. I wasn't one of the people who said they'd be better off dead but quality of life should be a consideration. Some dogs just aren't cut out for life in a kennel with very little human interaction and with dogs like that it very well might be more humane to pts. I KNOW that Romeo would not adjust to kennel life and the very idea of someone trying to make him breaks my heart so if I ever had to choose, I'd rather pts. I also have a hard time with the resources being used on dogs that essentially have no hope. It may sound harsh but there are pitbulls being pts every day all over that would make GREAT pets but there's no room for them in rescues because of the "lifers". I'd rather the resources be used to give those dogs a chance. And you're right we don't know what goes on when the cameras go off so I could be wrong.

And yes. Prada's owners was a twit and I don't think she should ever own a dog again. And I doubt she paid the bills considering how backwards she is. I kind of want to slap her.
Amen.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:41 AM   #17
DrJonson

Default A small victory for pit bull types
http://news.yahoo.com/dog-spared-dea...230245022.html

Woot for Prada and the woman who fought for her, though it is sad she has to stay forever in the rescue.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:47 AM   #18
Mark_NyB

None of the past year and coming years are a good existence. Poor thing should have been euthanized. Would have been more humane than all of this.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #19
Lypepuddyu

I would beg to have my dog euthanized before he went to "rescue".

"Rescues", especially those which house dozens and dozens of dogs and keep them in front of the public eye are given way too much importance/legitimacy/"expert"-status by the public, and I hate that the legal system does the same thing.

Sad, sad day for this dog; I think the owner will come to regret what she has agreed to.

Carla

Old 04-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #20
dexterljohnthefinanceguy

Yay.. another dog for Villalobos to hoard away..

Reply to Thread New Thread