LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-30-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
antonyandruleit

Default They want to put in a community dog park?!?! You have got to be kidding me.
Warning. May come off a little rantish.

We've been living here for quite some time now and long enough to get a feel for who is who and what kind of dog owners we have and so forth.
Well the main office has sent out an announcement that they have decided since there was enough interest to put a dog park on the property.

Well that is the worst idea if I ever heard one. There are not many true responsible dog owners here and most of the responsible ones wouldn't use a dog park if you paid them. The people that are wanting this dog park have dogs they let run loose. Who bark and growl aggressively as you walk by. Dogs with no manners.

This will be a disaster. I would not dare set foot in a dog park.

This is going to cause so many more problems than good.

I'm going to write a letter to the office staff stating all the negatives of a dog park on property.
Could anyone give me some good reasons to put in there. And maybe even some examples. Its just a dangerous and bad idea. I've seen and experienced first hand how nothing good can come from a dog park. Not to mention it would require taking out the toddler playground to do this

Old 08-30-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
ElcinBoris

Dog parks are a bad idea, I wouldn't bring any dog to them regardless of breed. For one, you don't know for sure if the other dogs are current of vaccinations, or if they have any contagious diseased. You don't know the temperament of the other dogs or the owners that are going to be there. Sometimes people get into fights at those places too. Then you always have the nasty ass people that don't seem to think they need to clean up after their dog. Dog parks a a cesspool of disease and morons.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
dubballey

diseases, fights, needing to make sure people clean up after their dogs, damage to property (from dogs digging)

Old 08-30-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
antonyandruleit

Lets see I've seen a dog killed at a dog park. I've seen 2 dogs come close to death. Back when I used a dog park my 5 month old puppy was attacked. Never went back.

I could see the complex getting sued unless they make everyone come down and sign a waiver. I could see people suing each other. I could see a lot of neighbor disputes over dogs getting into fights. The list goes on.
Plus again they want to take out the toddler playground to do it.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:45 PM   #5
Knqzjbmf

they are adding an off leash area to my favorite park. it sucks, there goes the neighborhood....there are hardly ever any dogs
(or people either)when we go there,but i am sure this will ruin everything.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:52 PM   #6
antonyandruleit

We have 2 dog parks nearby, that nobody uses so I don't know why they think its a good idea to add one in our apartment complex. Except that their competition across the street that was just built has a bark park

Reply to Thread New Thread