LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-29-2010, 06:25 AM   #1
Phlkxkbh

Default dumb people !!!!
i took evil to pet smart today for his b day. all i got was compliments on how good looking and well behaved he was. even a lady with a little froo froo dog came up and said how gorgeous he was after her dog went nuts by him. was talking with her she was holding the little froo froo dog and evil was giving kisses. so my bro and his son came with and were looking at little sharks so i went by them after i got evils collar and big pork bone. so this stupid lady comes by us with her to kids and says why do you have a pitbull in this store! i told her to mind her own business as her kids are talking to my bros son and petting him. then she yells at her kids to get away from him. so they do and walk by evil. she made them turnaround and go around evil down the aisle.i asked her what her problem was and she said i don't want your pitbull biting my kids !even after my bros son is petting the hell out of him and her kids just were. so she tells me im ignorant for letting a pitbull around a child.lol stupid people.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:49 AM   #2
Sopzoozyren

I try not to let ignorant people bother me, I think part of loving a bully breed dog is developing a thick skin to the comments of others.

Funny story involving my dog though, I was on the beach with my husband my APBT mix and my beloved rottweiler (who has since passed away) when a woman comes up to us, and literally puts her face into my mix's face he slobbers playfully all over her and she's petting him while she asks me if my Rottie is a pitbull. Yes, my rottweiler. He looked obviously like a rottweiler, and while my pitbull mix is squirming joyfully in her arms and she's talking baby talk at him she goes on to say that she doesn't like pitbulls and that she's kind of afraid of my rottweiler. I couldn't help but laugh at her, and she asked me why I thought that was funny. I said, "This dog" pointing to my rottweiler "Is not a pitbull, he's a rottweiler, the terrier you have your face pushed into? That's a pitbull" She was so astonished and as we walked away from her with our dogs I hoped that maybe we changed someone's mind, or at least made them believe that pitbulls can be great dogs.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
alex_loudermilk

I hate that, my puppy is only 13 weeks old and every once in a while, when I take him to PetCo there is gotta be someone with an obnoxious chihuahua, who is jumping all over the place,knocking things over, and barking at everyone that passes by, giving ME a wrong look because Im walking in the store with my well behaived, non- jumper,non barking at everyone that passes by, PITBULL... I just ingnore them, you want to let your kids pet him,great, if not...great.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
EnvellFen

Last week I was walking my girl and I got dirty looks from three different people, all adults doing various things. This teenaged boy was walking towards us and as soon as he noticed my dog, he turned around and walked the other way while 'shoulder checking' for two blocks until I turned the corner. lol.. I couldn't help but laugh. Saying that, we came across a young mother and her toddler who absolutely loved my dog. Here's hoping the next generation is smarter then the current. XD

Old 08-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
constanyiskancho

I always do the "kill 'em with kindness" method.... works a lot better for me. It's hard for them to be hateful if you are nice and polite to them.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:25 PM   #6
ElcinBoris

all you can do is learn to live with it, it happens to us all. Oh well, people are ignorant. You can bite your lip and be polite, maybe try to educate the people that want to learn. The more rude you are, the more you are "affirming" their stereotype.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
defenderfors

i wouldnt have let her left my site without telling her about this site and how pit bulls arent human aggressive and how ha isn't acceptable or tolerated.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:56 PM   #8
aNoBVsUW

LOL....hope you did not tell them his name...hehehehehe

Old 08-30-2010, 04:21 AM   #9
lXvtm0ox

I always do the "kill 'em with kindness" method.... works a lot better for me. It's hard for them to be hateful if you are nice and polite to them.
I agree. The best thing you can do is be nice and let your dogs good behavior speak for itself. I have been rude to people like that on a few occasions, but it doesn't help it just makes it more confrontational and then they DEFINITELY won't listen to you.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:46 AM   #10
bpejjssoe

Aah the hell with her. Ya just gotta have a thick skin and brush it off. Or you could tell her to eat a dick.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:59 PM   #11
Turbo-ip

I was at a mutt strut this past weekend with my son (our pitty mix was at home, since I find it hard to handle a 2 year old, and my dog without a little bit of help), and there were so many little yapper dogs there, and there were a few pitbulls there, and they were ignoring it all. Found it great.

One of the sad things was that people avoided the breed as we were there, and as my son was with me, he was getting kisses from the few rescue dogs we saw, and people were astonished. Some were looking at me like I was loco for letting my son near the dog, and some were thinking it was awesome. I told them that we have one at home, and they aren't a bad breed, and if they think that way, then perhaps they need to do homework. Just another funny moment..

Reply to Thread New Thread