LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-31-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
Ephejvll

Default American Bullies... apparently just for profit. (longish!)
So.. last night, I went out to a "Dog at Large" call. The dog in question, (reported to be a blue pit bull) was actually an American Bully. The cops responded out there as well.. seemed to be curious about the whole thing. Well, they asked the owner what sort of dog it was, and he and I both said at the same time "American Bully." Cops were like... huh? And I told them what all I'd learned here on PBC.. you guys know the spiel. The owner kind of gave me a look, like "did she just say that? does she seriously know what an Am Bully is?" lol. (thanks, PBC!) I even asked him if they were Razor's Edge.. of course they were. Well, anyway.

First thing that he told the cops is that he bought the male named "Headache," for $3,500, but that he made it all back selling the puppies. In fact, dear Headache has already sired one litter, with another on the way! Keep in mind.. Headache is a whole 10.5 months. Barf.

After I issued him a citation for dog at large, I asked him a bit more about the dogs. He said he got Headache from some website in CA.. I think it was West Coast Bullies, but he wasn't sure. He then said that Headache was starting to get too big and sluggish, and he planned to breed him one more time, and then sell him back to the breeder. Apparently, that's the breeder's MO.. sell them for thousands so that folks can make a buck, buy them back, and then try and sell them again. UGH!

Not to mention the current litter that Headache had on the ground was with a pretty UKC APBT (looked amstaff.. poor quality, though). So he's not even keeping with the Am Bully lines. I recommended he check out te ABKC.. he seemed interested. Apparently Headache went to a few Bully shows, placed as high as 3rd. But, since he's selling him.. it's a no go.

I really wish I had pictures of the dogs.. but I don't. But the whole situation just really sucks for the Am Bully crowd.

Oh, on a funny-ish note.. when I was walking out to my truck with the cops, they kind of whispered to me.. "Do they use those bully things for fighting? Are they the new breed?" i seriously laughed, thought seriously about sending him here.. and then just quickly explained that those dogs were too fat to be fought.. cops.. always worrying about the wrong thing.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
ehib8yPc

And that's how people end up with dogs they THINK are the real thing. "well the MOM is registered as an APBT" totally disregarding the fact that the dam is UKC APBT registered.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
Ephejvll

the male, Headache, was UKC APBT as well That's why I told him about the ABKC.

AT LEAST he knew his dog was an Am Bully.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:31 PM   #4
ehib8yPc

maybe HE does but will the "proud new owners" of mister headache's children know? more than likely not they'll be the ones who turn into "its all in how you raise them" never realizing the type of dog they have was bred to have the DA bred OUT of them.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:12 PM   #5
bug_user

This just pisses me off!!! He's gonna breed a deformed dog twice before it's even a year old and then sell it back to the original breeder because the dog is, "too big and sluggish" , i.e., not bred well. Imagine all the future pups with bad joints and hearts that are going to be sold for thousands and end up dead or in a shelter waiting to die. All so this mutt can make a couple grand. You should try to educate this dude so he stops doing it. I know it's unlikely to talk some sense into an idiot but you never know. Just knowing that the guy knows they are Ambullies is better than most scummy byb blue pitbull pushers.

I bet he sells them as "blue pitbulls" when he's ripping people off for thousands. Probably was just calling them their correct name to the cops and you so you guys wouldn't bother him about his "vicious fightin pitbulls".

Old 07-31-2010, 08:14 PM   #6
Imagimifouxum

I don't know much about dog fighting, but how big are the typical fighting dogs?

Old 07-31-2010, 08:16 PM   #7
whimpykid

Well the Bully's are one of the better hustles going these days, just check out some of the bully forums... its ALL about who's thicker, meaner looking, and worth that real big money.

Hell, if I wasn't an animal lover I'd be breeding and hyping them myself. It sure would help pay the bills.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:31 PM   #8
bug_user

I agree 100% with you Gracie's Benefactor. I saw hideously deformed bullies going for like $ 25,000. Ridiculous!!!!!!!!

When I was younger I wanted to breed pits so I started learning and reading everything I could find about the breed. It wasn't long before I realized I wouldn't be able to live with myself breeding a dog that will most likely end up dead or in a shelter. So I just keep learning about them and rescue instead of supporting byb's.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:09 PM   #9
Immusaatmonna

damn, im bout to sign up for a bully forum, & go nutts in there!

they will DEFINATELY hate me! lol

Old 07-31-2010, 09:23 PM   #10
ehib8yPc

Man, don't tempt me, buddy. LMAO.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:35 PM   #11
JaK_MarkoV_Pi

damn, im bout to sign up for a bully forum, & go nutts in there!

they will DEFINATELY hate me! lol
I can't even read more than a few threads.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:11 AM   #12
Heacechig

But the whole situation just really sucks for the Am Bully crowd.
No, it doesn't. That IS the "bully" crowd. That's their schtick, their MO, that's what it takes to be IN the "bully" crowd. It's ALL about breeding and making money and having shiny magazines and "shows" and having a romantic-sounding history and maintaining a presence in the APBT community so they can be considered legitimate...

Carla

Old 08-01-2010, 01:13 AM   #13
ehib8yPc

And then getting mad and upset when we pull their card.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:36 AM   #14
whimpykid

I've seen 2 good kennels on the webz with all healthy stock. I'm sure they both know of a couple more good breeders out there somewhere. I'll add, neither one advertises expensive pup's on websites covered in exotic fonts and bikini chicks either...

Old 08-01-2010, 01:36 AM   #15
exhibeKed

I don't know much about dog fighting, but how big are the typical fighting dogs?
Most are going to be somewhere around 35lbs to 50lbs range and I think 50lbs is large

Old 08-01-2010, 01:53 AM   #16
ehib8yPc

yup, fifty is catchweight

Reply to Thread New Thread