LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Dr.Hoodoba

well i think yall are fussing over nothing .i have a rednose. i use it as a descreption not as in saying thats the breed. i dont know why everone get so worked up" mine is better than yours" crap . everyone has beautiful dogs. it's just what each of yall like and don't like. i love them all black ,blue, or red nose

Old 01-06-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
Sarah Armstrong

Foxxy, if you are saying red nose to describe your "pit bull"s nose color, then that is fine.

But if you are advertising the sales of your dogs are Red Nose Pits, as if it is a separate breed than the APBT, then there is a problem. I especially see a problem when someone who is breed their dog refers to it as a "pit" instead of saying the actual breed, i.e. APBT, Amstaff, etc.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:09 AM   #3
appabessy

its one of those ignorant things that will never die

Old 01-07-2009, 06:48 AM   #4
Qauunet

ok...so i feel really stupid right about now.... i just joined this website about 20 mins ago and in my "introduction" I had stated that i recently bought a 4 month old female red-nosed pit. I had simply assumed that is what would identify her. Am I wrong for describing her in that way? She has an appointment at the vet this week (i just got her 3 days ago) so will the vet be able to tell me exactly what type of breed she is? I just thought a pitbull was a pitbull... and assumed the "red nose" simply described their physical charactersitics...the breeder i got her from had told me she was a red nose pit............. am i wrong, right... or simply confused? lol. are there differnt types of pitbulls?

Old 02-06-2009, 08:32 AM   #5
valentinesdayyy

I get people who tell me all the time about my "mini-pit'' or "shorty pit" or "pocket pit" when they see my staffie bull. Then I tell them about his breed and a few still I'm wrong. A few more then want me to breed my dog to theirs to get more "mini-pits".

Old 02-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #6
gogona

missi1677:If your dog is from a breeder who is honest and has dogs that are pedigreed,then you have an American Pit Bull Terrier with a red nose.The red nose is just that,the color of the nose."Pit Bull" is a broad term for many breeds and some mixed breed dogs at times.So if you do not know the history of your dog,no one including the vet can be absolutely sure what the dog is.Hope this helps...

Old 02-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #7
Dr.Hoodoba

but isn't that what they are red nose pitbull terriers ,or apbt it is a american pitbull terrier. why does everyone get so worked up when you say pitbull ,changing the name of the dogs breed is not going to change the breed of dog. it like with the stanfordshire terrier with the akc,the reason for that was that the akc didn't won't the pitbull terrier in there assocation so they called they staffies,amstaff or what ever you want to call them but does not change the fact that they are pitbull terriers red nose or what ever. love the breed not it's name!!!!

Old 02-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
gogona

I'm not worked up about the name.However "pit bull" is used on the news to describe dogs who have attacked,who are in fact not APBT.BSL is lumping several breeds together as "pit bull type dogs".Unless you have a pedigreed dog with documented lineage it could be mixed with any number of things.I don't mind if people refer to their dogs by nose color as long as they know it's an APBT.Red nose and blue nose do not make it a different type of "pit"...The AKC did change the name to American Staffordshire Terrier to get rid of the pit reference.It is however a serious fault for an Amstaff to have a red nose,their standard reads "nose definitely black".Amstaffs have been bred for a different look and more importantly a different purpose for quite some time...not exactly still an APBT.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #9
Anaedilla

ok...so i feel really stupid right about now.... i just joined this website about 20 mins ago and in my "introduction" I had stated that i recently bought a 4 month old female red-nosed pit. I had simply assumed that is what would identify her. Am I wrong for describing her in that way? She has an appointment at the vet this week (i just got her 3 days ago) so will the vet be able to tell me exactly what type of breed she is? I just thought a pitbull was a pitbull... and assumed the "red nose" simply described their physical charactersitics...the breeder i got her from had told me she was a red nose pit............. am i wrong, right... or simply confused? lol. are there differnt types of pitbulls?
You have an American Pit Bull Terrier who has a red nose, NOT a Red Nose Pit.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #10
Sarah Armstrong

but isn't that what they are red nose pitbull terriers ,or apbt it is a american pitbull terrier. why does everyone get so worked up when you say pitbull ,changing the name of the dogs breed is not going to change the breed of dog. it like with the stanfordshire terrier with the akc,the reason for that was that the akc didn't won't the pitbull terrier in there assocation so they called they staffies,amstaff or what ever you want to call them but does not change the fact that they are pitbull terriers red nose or what ever. love the breed not it's name!!!!
American Pit Bull Terrier (APBT) is the correct name. Pit bull is a nickname.

While the American Staffordshire Terrier (Amstaff) was once the same breed as the APBT, they have now long gone their separate ways and are different breeds.

Staffies are Staffordshire Bull Terriers which are also a completely different breed than the Amstaff or the APBT.

A red nose is a description of what the dog's nose color is, except for some cases, where there is the family of APBT called The Old Family Red Nose (OFRN). However, Not every dog that has a red nose is part of the OFRN family. Keep in mind, OFRN are still APBTs.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #11
Qauunet

Thanks for your help!!!

Old 02-06-2009, 09:47 PM   #12
9V42h1eT

Not my dog this is the woman who emailed me apparently she has not sold him yet . AGAIN THIS IS NOT MY DOG but if you know someone in El Paso that can get this poor dog sdo she does not sell to fighters or something but get this baby into a rescue

Aimi

2yr old female red nose pit. Good with kids and other animals. She has all her shots, but has not been chipped, nor fixed. If you are interested please email me or text me at 915-407-4805 or 915-549-6988.
Price: 20.00obo

Old 02-06-2009, 09:52 PM   #13
Savviioor

Maggie has a red nose but her sisters had black noses.... does that mean she's a mixed breed? hehehe

Old 02-06-2009, 10:00 PM   #14
Sarah Armstrong

Tess is the opposite, and one of her brother's were the only ones with black noses and the rest had red noses. LOL.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #15
Greactbet

I have one of those red noses and shes a shelter dog. That woman is delusional.
I got my red nose at Costco....in the parking lot....by the carts....under a bush! Best Costco find ever!

Old 05-28-2009, 11:48 PM   #16
9V42h1eT

Default red nose pit
I hope i was right in this as I am a American bulldog owner who loves pits.

A person was selling a Pit bull here in El Paso and she has it as a Red nose pit,

I sent her a letter that said there is no such thing as a red nose pit its like saying you have a black nose beagle its just the colour of the dogs nose.

Well she gets bent and sends me a email that says there are different breeds of Pit bulls and hers is a red nose . Was I wrong ?????????

Old 05-28-2009, 11:49 PM   #17
textarchive

no your 100% right shes wrong

i love the black nose beagle comparison lol

Old 05-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #18
9V42h1eT

thank you for the swift reply ," I had a black nose beagle" that's my husbands reply to the red And blue nose pit statements lol

Old 05-29-2009, 12:40 AM   #19
Abarricoss

you are correct. That breeder is definably uneducated and is mos likely a selfish bastard just trying to money from the puppies and do not care how they turn out temperament wise. This is what you call a "backyard breeder"

Old 05-29-2009, 12:42 AM   #20
Avaboormavoro

people ignorant of dog etiquette identify pitdogs by color. i have people everyday say , is that a bluenose? i gave up saying much other then , yeh! and thank yu if they compliment my animal.

Reply to Thread New Thread