LOGO
USA Politics
USA political debate

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 11-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
Sthjrderfida

Default Joe Lieberman: Corporate Shill, Traitor against the People
I despise Lieberman more than any other American politician. Even Bush or Cheney.

Protesters Return To Lieberman's Office, Five Arrested

Protesters returned to the office of Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) on Tuesday, staging a theatrical demonstration and urging the senator to stop taking money from health insurance corporations. Five demonstrators were arrested after spreading fake dollar bills throughout the building showing Lieberman's face and the words "Insurance Money Kills Democracy."
Lieberman has stated that he would help to filibuster any bill that included a government-run public option.
About a dozen demonstrators came to the Senate's Hart office building in the morning and asked Lieberman's aides to bring him out to pledge to stop accepting campaign contributions from insurance companies. Lieberman had left his office a matter of minutes before the protesters arrived, on his way to a Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee hearing.
After being denied a meeting with the senator, one protester pulled out a cardboard cutout of Lieberman's face and marched throughout the building, pretending to return insurance company contributions. She scattered fake money in the hallways and into the building's large foyer. "I've had a change of heart," she yelled, "Senator Lieberman's giving the money back; he doesn't need it anymore!"
She then went back to the office, and joined other demonstrators who refused to move until they were granted an audience with the legislator. Capitol police were at the office within minutes, and five protesters were arrested as they sang songs about universal health care and accused Lieberman of selling out his constituents.
Among the arrested was Sam Pullen, 31, who said that his mother was denied a lifesaving bone marrow transplant by an insurance company. Pullen was previously arrested during a sit-in at the Los Angeles office of Blue Cross.
"I think that he heard our message loud and clear that he should stop taking insurance money donations," said Lacey MacAuley, spokeswomen for Mobilization for Healthcare for All. "The days are numbered that senators are going to be able to keep on accepting large donations from insurance companies at the same time that those insurance companies are sitting there denying people care."
During the last election cycle, Lieberman accepted over $730,000 from the insurance industry, according for the Center for Responsive Politics.
Last week nine protesters were arrested during a sit-in at the senator's office. Two of them are still in custody after refusing to cooperate with police until they are granted an audience with Lieberman. One, Kai Newkirk, is also on a hunger strike until Lieberman meets with him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1..._n_352318.html

---
The hunger striker is a national hero.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
MP+4

I have to cite my previous post on this abhorrent politician....

You are so right about this scoudrel, out of all the senators he is by far the most detestable one.

Conscience...

Conscience?! Let him look at the eyes of a US-citizen dying because they could not get adequate health coverage in the richest country in the world...lets see how his conscience feels then, that POS.

What the hell was Gore thinking picking this knave as a VP. Because of this that Idiot-Boy got elected and why we are in this quagmire in Iraq.

Lieberman is one of the worst things that happened to our country; the citizens of CT should be ashamed of themselves for reelecting him!

Old 11-10-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
bMc8F9ZI

He's such a gremlin that he needed his own thread. I never forgot the way he threw around the word "terrorist" during the election.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:41 AM   #4
!!!maryann!!!

First one to say that jivin' Joe is a pustule is a rotten egg.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:45 AM   #5
Yswxomvy

Joe has two main motivators for his actions in Congress: (1) Religious Zionism and (2) the advancement of corporate interests to the detriment of citizen interests.

He ought to be expelled from the Dem Caucus, if his vote can't be relied on.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:32 AM   #6
Zebrabitch

I really don't get what the Dems are waiting for on that ^

Strip the baggy faced dude and kick him to the curb.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:00 AM   #7
kvitacencia

I can't stand him either. He's a real d..ck.

The health care issue is the latest example of what a schlong he is. Whether or not he will vote for a bill with a public option is irrlevant, he does not have to support a filibuster.

He's also blatantly anti-Arab.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:43 AM   #8
Mumeseest

[B][SIZE=2]"
During the last election cycle, Lieberman accepted over $730,000 from the insurance industry
^ I do not understand why these are not called by their proper name: bribes.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:12 PM   #9
Aozenee

^ Because bribery is illegal. Accepting corporate money from political action committees is perfectly legal. Perfectly corrupt and perfectly legal.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #10
vforvandetta

The day that he switched from being a Democrat to a Republican, that did it for me. I lost all of my respect for him.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:07 AM   #11
StitlyDute

Do these postings belong on the Hate Watch thread?

Old 11-24-2009, 02:13 AM   #12
FinanseMikky

I wonder what bribes this schlong demanded from the Dems to permit the health care debate to proceed.

Reply to Thread New Thread