USA Society
USA social debate

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
kneexyFreedly

Default Harold Camping's Back, With a Brand-New Doomsday Prediction
http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/10/13/...ion/?hpt=hp_t2

The end of the world is nigh – again.
Doomsday prophet Harold Camping is once more predicting an apocalypse, and apparently we don't have long left. The 90-year-old California radio mogul has pointed to October 21 on the calendar, by which date he reckons it will “probably” all be over.

But this time around he is not warning of souls burning up and ascensions to heaven from the sidewalks of Manhattan. Instead Camping, the owner of the Family Radio Network, believes it will be a much quieter affair.

“I really am beginning to think as I restudied these matters that there's going to be no big display of any kind. The end is going to come very, very quietly, probably within the next month. It will happen, that is, by October 21," he stated in a recent radio recording.

Camping became infamous earlier this year for incorrectly heralding the arrival of the Rapture on May 21. Followers across the U.S. spent millions on advertising campaigns warning people of the eventual non-event.

Now THESE types of religious nuts - yeah they're annoying. So just to make sure I understand, because he incorrectly predicted it in May he had to go back and "re-evaluate" his calculations and it's October? Oh wait, no he said he wasn't wrong it was a "spiritual" Judgement Day.

Honestly if there will be such a day, there isn't really much a person can do to get ready for it. I'm going to laugh though if it happened and all these super religious people are still on Earth. I wonder what his excuse will be after next week when it doesn't happen again. *Sigh* it's funny but at the same time a little sad...

Old 10-14-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
Thorwaywhobia

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/10/13/...ion/?hpt=hp_t2

The end of the world is nigh – again.
Doomsday prophet Harold Camping is once more predicting an apocalypse, and apparently we don't have long left. The 90-year-old California radio mogul has pointed to October 21 on the calendar, by which date he reckons it will “probably” all be over.

But this time around he is not warning of souls burning up and ascensions to heaven from the sidewalks of Manhattan. Instead Camping, the owner of the Family Radio Network, believes it will be a much quieter affair.

“I really am beginning to think as I restudied these matters that there's going to be no big display of any kind. The end is going to come very, very quietly, probably within the next month. It will happen, that is, by October 21," he stated in a recent radio recording.

Camping became infamous earlier this year for incorrectly heralding the arrival of the Rapture on May 21. Followers across the U.S. spent millions on advertising campaigns warning people of the eventual non-event.

Now THESE types of religious nuts - yeah they're annoying. So just to make sure I understand, because he incorrectly predicted it in May he had to go back and "re-evaluate" his calculations and it's October? Oh wait, no he said he wasn't wrong it was a "spiritual" Judgement Day.

Honestly if there will be such a day, there isn't really much a person can do to get ready for it. I'm going to laugh though if it happened and all these super religious people are still on Earth. I wonder what his excuse will be after next week when it doesn't happen again. *Sigh* it's funny but at the same time a little sad...
I tend to wonder whether he actually believes the garbage he puts out or is simply a publicity whore. My instincts point to the latter.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #3
Filmania

THE ZOMBIE APOCOLYPSE IS NEARING!!!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
Yartonbler

THE ZOMBIE APOCOLYPSE IS NEARING!!!!!!!!
This Friday...

Reply to Thread New Thread