LOGO
USA Society
USA social debate

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
SetSnonejog

Default Obama Administration to Review All Deportation Cases, Apply DREAM Act-Style Criteria
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...rtation-cases/

The Obama administration announced Thursday that it would launch a case-by-case review of illegal immigrants slated for deportation, in a move that could grant a reprieve to so-called DREAM Act beneficiaries and thousands of others.

The DREAM Act is a proposal in Congress to give illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children a chance at legal status if they complete two years of college or military service. Though the bill has not passed, supporters and critics alike suggested Thursday's announcement could serve to unilaterally carry out its provisions.

Do we still have three branches of government or have we turned into something else and I missed it? I really don't know how the government can apply this when that hasn't even been made a law. Also, does that mean if it did pass the military has to then accept illegal immigrants? Because right now you can't enlist in the Army unless you're a legal resident.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
MikeGotTalentz

The Obama administration announced Thursday that it would launch a case-by-case review of illegal immigrants slated for deportation, in a move that could grant a reprieve to so-called DREAM Act beneficiaries and thousands of others.

The DREAM Act is a proposal in Congress to give illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children a chance at legal status if they complete two years of college or military service. Though the bill has not passed, supporters and critics alike suggested Thursday's announcement could serve to unilaterally carry out its provisions.

Do we still have three branches of government or have we turned into something else and I missed it? I really don't know how the government can apply this when that hasn't even been made a law. Also, does that mean if it did pass the military has to then accept illegal immigrants? Because right now you can't enlist in the Army unless you're a legal resident.
YAY for congress being irrelevant. Hooray for a dictator. Serial killers usually don't start by killing people, they start with the little things like animals and bugs.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
Aceroassert

Do we still have three branches of government or have we turned into something else and I missed it?
I am beginning to wonder myself. This is blatant pandering for votes because the President is losing most of his 2008 supporters. The Congressional Black Caucus is even taking shots at him today. I would expect to see many more moves like this in the coming months. Hopefully people are wise enough to see through it.

Old 08-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
OmqMZtkv

Wonder how much money this is going to cost!

Old 08-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #5
ApporpSothe

Somewhere my great-grandfather and relatives are all turning in their graves.

They came over the LEGAL way from Southern France in 1903, like so many other people did before them. They acclimatized, and assimilated into the American way of life, and even went so far to learn English. They learned the laws and earned an honest day's work as share croppers.

These people care nothing for our laws and do not wish to assimilate. Instead, many of them demand that their language and lifestyle takes precedence over our language and lifestyle. America should be renamed Northern Mexico at this rate.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:01 AM   #6
aaaaaaahabbbby

They came over the LEGAL way from Southern France in 1903, like so many other people did before them. They acclimatized, and assimilated into the American way of life, and even went so far to learn English. They learned the laws and earned an honest day's work as share croppers.

These people care nothing for our laws and do not wish to assimilate. Instead, many of them demand that their language and lifestyle takes precedence over our language and lifestyle. America should be renamed Northern Mexico at this rate.
Actually if you think about it, no immigrants completely assimilated. We see impacts from all cultures throughout our country and the US actually assimilated those cultures into the American culture.

Today yes it is a huge problem but it's not a new problem. But I don't agree on blanket amnesty for those who are already here. That's just saying "Well you broke the law but there's too many of you so eh, we'll let you get away with it."

Old 08-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #7
Ekrbcbvh

You are exactly right!

I was at the gym the other day and forced to watch MSNBC while running on the treadmill and they were discussing this story. Of course they are all for it. Not to mention that they did not refer to these people as Illegal Aliens but as the more friendly term undocumented workers! Unbelievable. And they justify this by saying that they are going after the “workers” (illegal aliens) who do not have clean records...none of them have clean records! Just by the simple fact that they are here illegally they are felons! Does not matter if they are from Canada, Mexico, or any other place.

Reply to Thread New Thread