LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-12-2009, 05:25 AM   #1
dserbokim

Russia is a fading power? NOT!
That's the single most rational argument you've posted here so far.

Russia (and this has been true for the last 800 years or so) has always been about 150 years behind the rest of the civilized world. They talk a big game, but they're so backwards and corrupt that they've couldn't organize a successful birthday party for an 8 year-old girl at this point.

When the current kleptocracy has drained the country completely and the oil billionaires have all retreated to their Manhattan penthouses and Swiss chateaux, then maybe Russia will have a chance of becoming something. But they're going to get a lot worse before they get better.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:23 AM   #2
Adollobdeb

Russia (and this has been true for the last 800 years or so) has always been about 150 years behind the rest of the civilized world. They talk a big game, but they're so backwards and corrupt that they've couldn't organize a successful birthday party for an 8 year-old girl at this point.

When the current kleptocracy has drained the country completely and the oil billionaires have all retreated to their Manhattan penthouses and Swiss chateaux, then maybe Russia will have a chance of becoming something. But they're going to get a lot worse before they get better.
If there is one ounce of truth to this, why would Obama remove defense missiles from Poland at the request of Russia? And why would these countries be so upset at Obama for doing so? Maybe you know more then Poland?

Old 05-12-2009, 05:41 AM   #3
dserbokim

If there is one ounce of truth to this, why would Obama remove defense missiles from Poland at the request of Russia? And why would these countries be so upset at Obama for doing so? Maybe you know more then Poland?
Which part of "they couldn't successfully organize a girl's birthday party" don't you understand?

If Russia invades Poland, it's a European problem before it is ours, so there's no reason for us to have missiles there pointed at Russia (much as it pleases you Cold warriors). We're not the World Police.

And Russia isn't going to invade Poland, as Poland is part of the EU and that would open a very large and nasty can of worms for the Russians.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:05 AM   #4
kasandrasikl

Tell me Russia isn't a fading power when they aren't running out of the ethnic group that their name comes from. That group will lose power as it loses population and the various ethnic/religious groups grow.

I wouldn't be surprised if 150 years from now it Balkanizes into individual ethnic states (the framework for such a thing already exists through Russia's gov't structure as it us).

And Russia isn't going to invade Poland, as Poland is part of the EU and that would open a very large and nasty can of worms for the Russians. If Russia invades any nation, it'll be Ukraine.

They need as many Russians as they can get

Old 06-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
dserbokim

I wouldn't be surprised if 150 years from now it Balkanizes into individual ethnic states (the framework for such a thing already exists through Russia's gov't structure as it us).
And they'd do a better job of running the country,

If Russia invades any nation, it'll be Ukraine. Yeah, that's something to actually be concerned about. If it weren't for Russia screwing with them constantly, Ukraine would have been astounding successful economically since 1991.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:44 AM   #6
Adollobdeb

Default Russians arming Cuba
Hey, Obama maybe it's time for a eastern block apology tour????

What the hel1 happened to the HIGH IQ???

Deja vu! Russians arming Cuba's military

Old 10-28-2009, 03:47 AM   #7
dserbokim

Editor's Note: The following report is excerpted from Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin, the premium online newsletter published by the founder of WND. Subscriptions are $99 a year or, for monthly trials, just $9.95 per month for credit card users, and provide instant access for the complete reports.
Um, okay.

How about a source which isn't imaginary?

Old 10-28-2009, 05:15 AM   #8
Adollobdeb

Um, okay.

How about a source which isn't imaginary?
like I said, only your news is, TRUE & CORRECT. does mr. McFeely bring you your news?

Old 10-28-2009, 05:23 AM   #9
dserbokim

like I said, only your news is, TRUE & CORRECT.
You may have said that, but I sure as hell never have.

Do you have a source for this story that isn't some wackjob who wants me to subscribe to his newsletter?

Old 10-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #10
barsikjal

You know NN you might be part of the Russian propaganda effort to try to get the US to spend itself into oblivion. The Russians are famous for building decoys just to get American citizens angry to misdirect the Pentagon from the real threat somewhere else.

You know I believe there is still a missing Soviet briefcase nuke out there somewhere. Your assignment is to find it. Good luck.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:42 PM   #11
Hoijdxvh

Not New, maybe it's time for your apology tour?

You can start with an apology to the school which taught you English.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:12 AM   #12
Adollobdeb

You may have said that, but I sure as hell never have.

Do you have a source for this story that isn't some wackjob who wants me to subscribe to his newsletter?
maybe you should , I'm sure you subscribe to the NY Times.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:09 AM   #13
dserbokim

maybe you should , I'm sure you subscribe to the NY Times.
Who the hell subscribes to newspapers in this day and age? I think I do have a Times online log-in, but that doesn't cost anything and it gives you access to their archives.

There is something to be said for a lazy afternoon devouring the Sunday Times. I always enjoyed William Safire's column on the English language.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:45 AM   #14
kasandrasikl

Who the hell gives a damn if Cuba has a military?

They're not a threat to us, never have been.

Russia isn't installing nuclear missile sites on the island, so who really gives a damn?

Old 10-29-2009, 08:30 AM   #15
KJnbceja

I'm gonna go dig up ole JFK and see what HE thinks of this mess.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:41 AM   #16
Adollobdeb

Who the hell gives a damn if Cuba has a military?

They're not a threat to us, never have been.

Russia isn't installing nuclear missile sites on the island, so who really gives a damn?
By Golly, thats what they told JFK!!!! Why would anybody think that at this day & age? We don't have a weak commander in chief, he just dithers a little.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:10 AM   #17
Uhmavano

By Golly, thats what they told JFK!!!! Why would anybody think that at this day & age? We don't have a weak commander in chief, he just dithers a little.
Obama takes his job seriously, He doesn't want to get thousands of our soldiers killed in an unnecessary action when there may be other options. Making intelligent decisions is not a sign of weakness. It's the sign of a leader.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:40 AM   #18
kasandrasikl

Wait...you're telling me that Russia is planning on nuking the US!

Old 10-30-2009, 02:43 AM   #19
KJnbceja

Wait...you're telling me that Russia is planning on nuking the US!
Hurry, start building those 1950's style bomb shelters!
Vintage fear is all the rage now!

I love it.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:08 AM   #20
Adollobdeb

Do you trust Russia? They already slapped Obama on the Iran deal. I wonder why they didn't do this for the past 8 years??? Why would CUBA need a army, they have Hollywood defending them.

Reply to Thread New Thread