View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #12
GustavM

Hi my friend, I'd just like to touch in a couple parts of your post.

Buddhism is often described by Buddhists as a system of philosophy more than a religion, and Buddha is often described as a human teacher, not a god. I like the comment HHDL makes when he says that the philosophy of Buddhism can be practiced by anyone in any religion or belief system. It is not a belief in a "god" but just the right way to treat others and ourselves.

Gods are omniscient, merely human teachers are not. Many Buddhists believe that Buddha's understanding and his recorded scriptures are infallible, or nearly so. Gods are infallible, mere human beings are not. Buddha was Awakened and realized the Truth of existence. To some this is omniscient, to others it is just a proper understanding of The 4 Noble Truths. That taken into consideration, the teachings could be infallible as they teach us that life is suffering and how to overcome this suffering we experience.

In scripture, Buddha describes his vivid recollection of his many past lives. In previous lives, he claims, he was the ruler of heaven-worlds or hell-worlds, more or less a demon or a god. I'm not going to really say much here as this refers to rebirth, a well beaten topic as of late.
But if there are other worlds/realms, someones got to rule them. Be it the realm of a Wheel turning god, a Deva or a hungry ghost/preta as well as the others Buddha taught about.

With Metta