Thread: Kimmel Tricks
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 10:04 PM   #1
Dstyeglm

Default Kimmel Tricks
Theisman got fired?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...PHCP&GT1=10539

Talk about cutting straight to the punch line.

It took Jimmy Kimmel a matter of 10 minutes to do what Dennis Miller needed two years to accomplish — getting the heave-ho from "Monday Night Football."

ESPN will no longer allow Kimmel any guest appearances on MNF after the ABC late-night host made several jokes about recently-fired analyst Joe Theismann, The New York Times reported Wednesday.
Kimmel, who joined Mike Tirico, Tony Kornheiser and Ron Jaworski in the booth during the third quarter of the Giants' 31-10 win over the Falcons, joked about where Theismann was, insinuated that Kornheiser got Theismann fired (their on-air chemistry was often a topic of debate last season), and later remarked, "I'd also like to welcome Joe Theismann, watching from his living room with steam coming from his ears."

Kimmel's comments were "classless and disappointing," said Jay Rothman, ESPN's MNF producer, according to the Times. "It was cheap. The more he went on, the worse he got."
Rothman then affirmed that Kimmel would not be invited back.
Reached by the Times, Theismann said he was more amused than annoyed by Kimmel's comments.
"I don't have an opinion about what people say, but it's nice to know you're missed," Theismann said. "It's interesting that people remember me." Theismann later added that MNF "has become Tony Kornheiser's show."