Thread: Kimmel Tricks
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 11:06 PM   #13
Deengealf

Here's the thing for those that don't like Kornheiser...and the reason I do like him.

First off, there's Theismann. The guy was a douche. And even though he played football, most of his commentary was fucking retarded. Names wrong, sometimes teams wrong. Constantly made idiotic statements, over generalizations, and basically just nitwit stuff.

And really, Kornheiser is the same. He makes retarded comments (many times blatantly over the top...that is, sarcastic) and doesn't really know that much about football. But here's the thing. He knows it. He admits it. He knows he's there to make those comments. That's why they have the guy that knows football (Jaws) and the all-sports-commentator Tirico. They're there to give the supposed "real" info. Kornheiser is there to be a dolt. And he's happy to do so. Whereas, Theismann was a dolt, but too fucking arrogant and full of himself to realize that. Which is what made Kornheiser that much better last season...he called Theismann on his idiotic statements.

I haven't watched a MNF game yet this year, so I can't comment on how good/bad he's been.

That, and I always enjoyed his radio show and PTI. So there.