View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 12:27 AM   #14
babopeddy

I'm like many other people who fancy this breed, I own several and not all of them get along. I do have a few dogs that are DA and I have to seperate and rotate them. I agree with NC when I'm at work where the hell do you think they would rather be, out on a chain with sunshine and shade, fresh water and fresh air or cooped up in a crate just big enough for them. Dont get me wrong I like crates and I use them but for all day every day just not big enough. I have a couple I have in kennels, chain link, made for dogs and some of my dogs have ate right through it. I have a couple of dogs that refuse to be fenced, I even tried electric fencing like I use for my livestock around the top and bottom to keep them from chewing the fence and it just pissed them off instead of making them quit, so chaining is my only option for some of them. I live in the middle of no where and I dont have a fence around my chained dogs so I know where you are coming from because even though I live way out and have no immediate neighbors I do have a neighbor hounddog that does come down from time to time and if for some reason he was to get in reach of a few of my dogs I know that it is not my fault for not having them contained, it falls on him, but simply because mine are Apbt's and Apbt mixes it will automatically be my fault so I feel for you because you are in a position that dosen't really have a great solution or quick fix.