View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 12:20 AM   #3
royarnekara

that's the problem, they ARE in fact treating the dog, but seriously, it isn't getting better, nor will it with the proper care/medecine...
I don't even think the painkillers are in fact helping...
they took that dog maybe 2 times to the vet since, and they give him the medecine he prescribed
and when I spoke to them about how bad we felt for the dog they just answered "the vet told us he isn't suffering" but really, I highly doubt it by the way the dog is moving and behaving.
the dog would normally bark at everything that moves, but now it seems he doesn't even want to make the effort to get up and go check out what's happening... he just can't even get up sometimes... he can barely walk he wiggles from left to right and can't barely spread his legs 5 inches far the few times he does walk... (mostly only to get sheltre from the rain)

plus, I think that if I do call the cops, they would simply say "well, if they took it to a vet, and are treating it, we can't do much" anyways...

and I tought about calling annonimous (sp?), but being such a calm street it would make it difficould, especially knowing other people would have a hard time actually seeing the dog with all the trash they dumped infront of the fence... (big trashcans, like small containers, piles of wood + two cars parked in the alley...)

they won't ever give up that dog, I think they "love" him, regardless of the lack of attention they are giving it.
the only time they do go outside in the yard is twice a day to put his meal and even then, he doesn't even get a pat on the head... it's really frustrating, knowing the condition he is in today I tought they would at least keep the dog inside or give it lots of attention as it is obvious he won't live much longer...