View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 11:07 AM   #8
seicslybearee

I have a few questions about this if you dont mind me askin.

I love questions!

Do you really think that a breed would have just emmerged from somewhere that could actually beat the most dominating canine force in the box?

I think it's possible. Probable, not so much, but certainly possible.

I mean this is what they do, its what they were bred for for over 200 years. I dont believe there is any animal much less dog that could beat a real game bred APBT in the box within its own weight class even if you gave up 20 lbs i still dont think there is another dog that could come close to a APBT that is here now or dog to come. There are dogs that are more powerful, faster, smarter than a APBT, but there is nothing that can compare in the gameness. That is the one trait that holds are dogs apart from the rest.
Lets say there was a breed that took the box by storm however outlandish that sounds.
No I still would not change breeds I love this breed and am totally dedicated to it.

I've seen it said on here by some that the only APBT worth anything is a gamebred APBT. That got me thinking...if that trait is so important, maybe some people would switch, since gameness seems to be the trait held higher than all others. Personally, gameness is a neither here nor there for me. Certainly, I have a great admiration for it, but, imo an APBT is still an APBT, game or not.

If i was in it for the biggest, baddest most devastating breed i would not have picked this one in the first place.

Which breed do you think would fit that description?

I do believe that anyone that owns this breed and says they would change to a different breed so reevaluate the owning of these magnificent canine athletes.

Totally agree with this
My replies in blue