View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #3
pooncophy

IMO, this is not quite the same. I mean she's Japanese, her marriage to an American didn't work out...seems natural to want to go back home.

I mean, if you say, fell in love with a Kuwaiti man and moved there for him...then the marriage didn't work out...wouldn't you wanna leave and come back home?

Okay, I get that the "right" thing maybe isn't to violate a court order and split before working it out...but I understand the sentiment and don't think she's a dirtbag.

Again, I don't see this as child abuse, either. Maybe if she snuck in the middle of the night and abducted the kid...but as I understand this article, I mean she is living in a foreign place cuz of a man she's no longer married to, she has the kids...maybe he's deployed at the time, not sure.

So, she wants to go home...again, maybe the more correct thing is to stick around, fight it out in court as to who gets custody of the kids, then leave with them...
I would not want him to steal my children especially when a judge ordered his passport to be turned in. In the article it said a judge ordered her to surrender her passport, then she had FAKE passports made to sneak out of the country. If it was me, if my husband wasn't happy in the States, fine you go home but don't steal my children especially when it was court ordered to stay.

It is in a way child abuse because emotionally you are affecting the kids. What are they to think? Especially when mom is telling them who knows what about the dad and she has a boyfriend with her. But it does sound like in the article she snuck out with the kids because she was ordered by the court to surrender her passport. SOme people get shady like that. It's like what my mom did - she just up and left and took my little brother. Left my dad with a note but she ripped my brother from his life, from his siblings, his friends and the dad he knew. Then find out my dad wasn't his biological dad and craziness. But she just took off. As the parent, yeah she could do that but then she later violated the court order on visitation (which is another story). But to just tear a child away from its parent, I call that child abuse.

If she just wanted to go home, she shouldn't have snuck out. He had returned home and shortly after that she took the kids. Thats' what I got from the article. And now he's spent 3 years trying to see them. He hasn't been allowed to SEE his kids in 3 years. That's pretty fucked up I say.