Thread: Faith & Reason!
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 11:44 PM   #14
arerrurrY

Good explanation, it kind of illustrates as well how dependent we are on Allah for our success in this life and the next, imagine we are destined for hell, yet at this moment in time Allah feeds me, gives me air to breath, gives me everything I need for my happiness in my life, despite my denial of Him....Why would anyone move away from His Door and deny Him when we have everything to gain by submitting to Him. Truly we would submit and affirm the truth as undeniable.

Wasalam,

No problems sister, come, let me explain to you with the very little knowledge that I have and my understanding of predestination in very laymans terms.

You do believe that Allah Swt has the knowledge of all things, that is from the beginning of time right to the end of time, don't you??? This is the crux of understanding predestination.

Let me give you an example and how people misunderstand it, the kuffar ask why will they be punished for their deeds when it was predestined for them to disbelieve??

Say you have a child, he just loves chocolates, you know very well he loves chocolates and any opportunity he gets to eat them he will eat them, you just know him too well.

One day you buy some nice swiss chocolotes its for a special occassion so you tell your child not to eat them, then suddenly you get a call and need to go somewhere in a hurry, so you tell your child DON'T EAT the chocolates. You know the moment you step out of that house he's gonna have a ball of a time, he is gonna eat the chocoloates.

Then when you get home it's no surprise to you, he ate the chocolates even though you told him not to. Now think of the knowledge of Allah Swt, you may still have some element of doubt on whether your child will eat the chocolates or not right?? Allah's knowledge is complete, their is absolute certainty in it and not a shadow of doubt. When your soul was created, which was long before you were even born, Allah Swt knew with absolute certainty each and every decision you will make your entire life, there is not doubt in it what so ever. Whether you will accept Islam, whether you will choose to eat a burger over chiken tikka, everything is in Allah Swt absolute knowledge. Your every choice and your every decsision is already known, whether you will choose to live with Imaan or die with Kufr is in the absolute knowledge of Allah without a shadow of doubt. So in a way your final destination of heaven or hell is already known to Allah Swt based on your decisions throughout you life. So when you are born you are already predestined for heaven or hell. Allah Swt even mentions in the quran the majority of them will not believe, coz he already knows this in his infinite wisdom.

Now the kuffaar's claim of not being punished due to being predestined to hell is fruitless, they made the decision not to follow, they were not forced by some supernatural force. Then another question is raised, why go through this whole process of coming to this world and then being either rewarded or punished right??? Why not just take the souls that don't believe and throw them into the fire and those who will put them into paradise??

Well, affirmation is what is required. That is all we are here in this world to do. Affirm by actually doing, thats all. In the example I gave earlier, you forbid you child from eating your chocolates, you knew he was going to eat it when you left the house, but could you have whipped him before he actually did it????

No ofcourse not, you cannot punish someone purely on intent, the crime has to be perpertrated first before punishment is meted out. Subhanallah, this is also the mercy of Allah Swt. May he guide us all. Ameen.

I hope this was of assistance to you.