LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #21
hexniks

I'm going with the seahawks.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #22
amusaasyday

Bengals will be lucky to win 2 games this year.
I see your Bengals and raise you a Dolphins.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:46 PM   #23
Theorsell

I see your Bengals and raise you a Dolphins.
Maybe I'm just being a homer here, but can someone explain to me how the Dolphins are considered to be so SIGNIFICANLY worse than last year when they went 7-9?

Old 08-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #24
amusaasyday

Maybe I'm just being a homer here, but can someone explain to me how the Dolphins are considered to be so SIGNIFICANLY worse than last year when they went 7-9?
I don't see them being able to score any points. The QB situation is a mess and the coach is under a ton of pressure.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:57 PM   #25
Theorsell

I don't see them being able to score any points. The QB situation is a mess and the coach is under a ton of pressure.
So pretty much the same as last year except with some added pressure on Sparano. He's already acknowledged that he has to open up the offense and that certainly could backfire on them, but the defense should be solid and keep them in most games.

I don't know, but I'm not sure I can handle another 1 win season, so I hope you are wrong.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #26
LOVEBoy

Like Carolina is doing with the QB they drafted last year?

If the Bengals pass up Luck in favor of Dalton, especially with the new rookie contracts, Mike Brown should be forcibly removed from ownership.

The Dolphins would make some sense, but I don't think Sparano is safe enough to tank games.
Mike Brown has done so many stupid moves over the years that he should have been forcibly removed 10x. Millen is probably the only worse GM in NFL history.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #27
Gmvkgkmn

The Saints will end up falling on their face, and the Pats will end up with the #1 pick in the draft. Brady retires in three years (two after drafting Luck) and the Pats are set for another 15 years. The Rich get richer.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:03 PM   #28
amusaasyday

The Saints will end up falling on their face, and the Pats will end up with the #1 pick in the draft. Brady retires in three years (two after drafting Luck) and the Pats are set for another 15 years. The Rich get richer.
Saints will get atleast 2 wins against Carolina.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #29
amusaasyday

So pretty much the same as last year except with some added pressure on Sparano. He's already acknowledged that he has to open up the offense and that certainly could backfire on them, but the defense should be solid and keep them in most games.

I don't know, but I'm not sure I can handle another 1 win season, so I hope you are wrong.
No matter how good your D is, they can only handle so many 3 and outs in a row from the O. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see how they improved at all. One lucky thing is that Buffalo sucks too.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #30
Gmvkgkmn

Saints will get atleast 2 wins against Carolina.
barring something unforeseen, but I can foresee the unforeseen, and I have seen this you see. The Aint's return this year.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #31
OWV9LSxH

Mike Brown has done so many stupid moves over the years that he should have been forcibly removed 10x. Millen is probably the only worse GM in NFL history.
Yeah, but he's loaded. He doesn't care about winning, just getting as much cash as he can. Bengal fans keep falling for it.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #32
Theorsell

No matter how good your D is, they can only handle so many 3 and outs in a row from the O. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see how they improved at all. One lucky thing is that Buffalo sucks too.
I'm not arguing that they improved at all. Just that I don't see how they are so drastically worse than last year.

Like I said, trying to open up the offense could backfire on them, but they tried to run an offense that was built for Pennington last year even though Henne was the QB, so who knows.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #33
Gmvkgkmn

I'm going with the seahawks.
Now the real reason for the signing of T-Jack comes to light. As long as T-Jack remains healthy, I have to agree with you here

Old 08-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #34
LOVEBoy

Yeah, but he's loaded. He doesn't care about winning, just getting as much cash as he can. Bengal fans keep falling for it.
TMQ yesterday had a lot of content about how it's to an owner's advantage to lose as cheaply as possible. It was a good read.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #35
spamkillerf

At the very least, he should be forced to hire a personnel department.

And another that should, although on the far other end of the spending spectrum, is Jerry Jones.

Brown has like 4-6 scouts on staff, makes the calls himself. Jones has a full staff, but still makes the calls himself.

Neither are qualified.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #36
spamkillerf

Now the real reason for the signing of T-Jack comes to light. As long as T-Jack remains healthy, I have to agree with you here
Seattle has spent the past two drafts trying to shore up that line.

And built up the weapons via trade and free agency.

If they get Luck, he could be getting into a great situation-- A line with some young talent (Okung/Carpenter/Moffit), Rice, Williams, Tate, and Miller to throw to...Only Jackson to beat out.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #37
spamkillerf

I'm not arguing that they improved at all. Just that I don't see how they are so drastically worse than last year.

Like I said, trying to open up the offense could backfire on them, but they tried to run an offense that was built for Pennington last year even though Henne was the QB, so who knows.
I don't see them as drastically worse, unless the team feels that the coach has no juice.
If they can keep some key people healthy, they might actually be a little better.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #38
Gmvkgkmn

Seattle has spent the past two drafts trying to shore up that line.

And built up the weapons via trade and free agency.

If they get Luck, he could be getting into a great situation-- A line with some young talent (Okung/Carpenter/Moffit), Rice, Williams, Tate, and Miller to throw to...Only Jackson to beat out.
And if they would have signed a half way decent QB this off season they might win 5 to 8 games, just enough to fall from 1-5 in the draft to 6-15 - T-Jack has to cost them at least 2 or 3 games

Old 08-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #39
OWV9LSxH

TMQ yesterday had a lot of content about how it's to an owner's advantage to lose as cheaply as possible. It was a good read.
The best part is him getting us all here in Hamilton County to pay for the stadium. I'm not happy paying for it knowing how much money he has.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #40
blogwado

The Colts should be at the top of this list.

Reply to Thread New Thread