DiscussWorldIssues - Socio-Economic Religion and Political Uncensored Debate

DiscussWorldIssues - Socio-Economic Religion and Political Uncensored Debate (http://www.discussworldissues.com/forums/index.php)
-   American Football (http://www.discussworldissues.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Raiders coach refuses to heed owner's call to resign (http://www.discussworldissues.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172669)

delnisfernan 01-25-2008 09:15 PM

Raiders coach refuses to heed owner's call to resign

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3214665

Raiders owner Al Davis sent a letter to Lane Kiffin recently asking for the coach to resign, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports.
Kiffin has refused to resign, he told Mortensen.
The Raiders finished 4-12 in Kiffin's first season as coach.
Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.

gorbasevhuynani 01-25-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3214665

Raiders owner Al Davis sent a letter to Lane Kiffin recently asking for the coach to resign, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports.
Kiffin has refused to resign, he told Mortensen.
The Raiders finished 4-12 in Kiffin's first season as coach.
Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.
What the hell did the old man expect?

Just weird

adariseediups 01-25-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

They need to put a revolving door on the coach's office in Oakland.
did i hear correctly that atlanta is on their 6th coach since 2003?

huerta 01-25-2008 09:21 PM

They need to put a revolving door on the coach's office in Oakland.

MightyMasd 01-25-2008 09:21 PM

I am convinced that Al Davis is no longer mentally stable and unfit to run a professional football team.

Queuerriptota 01-25-2008 09:21 PM

something tells me old balls will have the final say in the matter

Cheeniandab 01-25-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

did i hear correctly that atlanta is on their 6th coach since 2003?
make that seven, not six, if you include interim head coaches. holy balls.

Zesavenue 01-25-2008 09:29 PM

that is insane, no coach will take the job if they keep sending them out

well, Ted Cottrell has been desperate for a HC job

Qxkmsxsx 01-25-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

that is insane, no coach will take the job if they keep sending them out

well, Ted Cottrell has been desperate for a HC job
Do you think Tice would take the job? I mean that as a serious question.

DouseAuthott 01-25-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Do you think Tice would take the job? I mean that as a serious question.
I would hope not. It's not a good situation to be in, and tice has already worked with one poorly ran/owned franchise, and i'd like to think if chance arises he'd be more pickey.

But Tice runs the offensive style Al likes, power run, deep passing.

Davis will either get a washed up coach or a coach desperate to be HC. I dont think Tice is either.

one of worse kept secrets is Holmgren will probably retire after next year, and Tice would love to have that job.

PebydataFeents 01-25-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

I would hope not. It's not a good situation to be in, and tice has already worked with one poorly ran/owned franchise, and i'd like to think if chance arises he'd be more pickey.

But Tice runs the offensive style Al likes, power run, deep passing.

Davis will either get a washed up coach or a coach desperate to be HC. I dont think Tice is either.

one of worse kept secrets is Holmgren will probably retire after next year, and Tice would love to have that job.
There's no way Tice will get the Seattle job.

vesiasmepay 01-25-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

I am convinced that Al Davis is no longer mentally stable and unfit to run a professional football team.
When did he become William Clay Ford?

monologue 01-25-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

There's no way Tice will get the Seattle job.
does seatle have an in house canidate?

his stamp was on Jaguar's rushing attack this year, and I think if teams look at what Tice did w/ MN and what happened after he left, he'd have to be intriguing. He was also a former seahawk which is a loose connection I know.

But, if I thought I had a chance at Seatle, I'd off the raiders and wait.

Al Davis just may have to scout HS coaching ranks...I cant imagine a lot of interest in that spot. I'd put that and atlanta as the two least desirable of vacancies (atlanta's was filled...)

milfovoxapl 01-25-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

his stamp was on Jaguar's rushing attack this year, and I think if teams look at what Tice did w/ MN and what happened after he left, he'd have to be intriguing. He was also a former seahawk which is a loose connection I know.

Al Davis just may have to scout HS coaching ranks...I cant imagine a lot of interest in that spot. I'd put that and atlanta as the two least desirable of vacancies (atlanta's was filled...)
Paul Allen doesn't care how much he pays a coach. He just cares about getting the best coach he can find and Tice isn't his idea of a great coach.

brurdefdoro 01-25-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Paul Allen doesn't care how much he pays a coach. He just cares about getting the best coach he can find and Tice isn't his idea of a great coach.
Yeah, I'm sure he'd like a flashy name, I'm sure seatle's number choice would be Cowher or a Coach with more established name.

Seatle job is tough one too, it's a veteran team that'll soon have a lot of holes. Alexander is washed up, walter jones is on wrong side of 30...

who knows how much longer Matt will be able to be a tier 2 QB, he may slip a bit.

iDzcs7TU 01-25-2008 09:55 PM

Quote:

He looked like "walking death" last time I saw him.

ssupermegatone 01-25-2008 10:21 PM

I would have to think, if this is true, that someone Al wants has just recently shaken loose.

The top candidates for that, IMO, would be the other Ryan twin, or Al Saunders.

illetrygrargo 01-26-2008 12:43 AM

Did Davis really think that Kiffin was going to resign and forfeit the remainder of his contract?

What a moran.

slarceSelia 01-26-2008 03:38 AM

Quote:

Jim Mora Jr.

jimbomaxf 01-26-2008 03:41 AM

denny green is being mentioned....

although denny is always mentioned in relation to raiders