LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-17-2005, 07:00 AM   #1
Ceriopal

It gave a list of why no team could beat the Eagles and in it I talked about how I thought they were going to win the Super Bowl...is that not praise?
Yes. Yes it is.

Funny...but you said that before I had even replied...so how do you know how I was going to reply? He used to work for Miss Cleo.

If anyone's uptight it's you...calling yourself a fucking idiot and saying you aren't worthy of posting in this thread...how very juvenile of you. He's a juvenile kind of guy.

Enough, fellas. Eagle fans are touchy - we're feeling that way because we've been in a similar position before, and our team dropped the ball. More than once, to be honest. So any attempt to be nice to us is seen to be laced with sarcasm, vindictiveness, or is inherently flawed.

PG, thanks for the kind words - but I'm a little skittish about thinking that way myself, so I can't trust my reactions to your post.

Old 10-29-2005, 07:00 AM   #2
CealialactBek

I fail to see how that post did nothing but praise the Eagles.
It gave a list of why no team could beat the Eagles and in it I talked about how I thought they were going to win the Super Bowl...is that not praise?

Like I said though people being critical of your posts seem to have you all uptight. Funny...but you said that before I had even replied...so how do you know how I was going to reply?

So I apologize for Philva and his insensitive remarks. I too am a fucking idiot. Not even worthy to make a post on this thread. Good day sir. If anyone's uptight it's you...calling yourself a fucking idiot and saying you aren't worthy of posting in this thread...how very juvenile of you.

Old 11-01-2005, 07:00 AM   #3
VrQsgM7c

I just don't agree with the assesment of the eagles, and I know you weren't saying it but it doesn't make sense that 'anyone' would be saying it expecially considering the margin of victory the eagles have had the entire year.
Since I never heard the criticism he mentioned I did even bother to read the rest. Though as I only posted 2 games, I wouldn't really think that is bunch anyhow. Best not to disagree, he seems a moody person with no sense of humor.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:00 AM   #4
M1iFiNmC

Buffalo is hot?

Old 11-27-2005, 07:00 AM   #5
Salliter

Funny...but you said that before I had even replied...so how do you know how I was going to reply?

If anyone's uptight it's you...calling yourself a fucking idiot and saying you aren't worthy of posting in this thread...how very juvenile of you.
extremely juvenile....

Old 12-04-2005, 07:00 AM   #6
JennaJJxoxoxo

Default Super Bowl Favorites
I posted this on the Vikings board also, but I wanted to put it onto the general board to try and spark more discussion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this point...it's gotta be the Eagles.

I've heard a lot of fans criticize them because they have almost lost a bunch of games...

Well...our Vikings have almost won a bunch of games....

I'd take the former over the latter any day.

As far as why I feel they are heads and shoulders above the other teams in the NFL right now.

Falcons - Don't believe in them...they played in a very weak division (Tampa and Carolina didn't come on until late) and I think Jim Johnson will scheme very well for Vick and take him to school

The rest of the NFC - yeah...don't make me laugh...The Vikings and Seahawks may be able to put up enough points to stick with them, but their defenses will let them down in the end. The Packers...did anyone watch last week? Carolina...heart can only take you so far...no way Philly loses to these guys two years in a row.

Patriots - I think this Charlie Weiss situation spells doom for them in the playoffs...this will become a distraction somewhere. I'm reminded of 1998 when Brian Billick accepted the Ravens job while the Vikings were in the playoffs..I've heard reports that Billick was very distant and distracted before and during the Falcons game that year. Plus...while Troy Brown is a great story playing defense...he can't cover TO.

Steelers - Already beat the Eagles, and could do so again...but there's a bit of a difference between the Super Bowl and a regular season game and I'll take a veteran like McNabb over a rookie like Roethlisberger in this situation.

Colts - This would be my favorite matchup of all of these...Manning just doesn't have the same game in the playoffs for whatever reason..but he's on a different planet this year. IMO, the only team that could beat the Eagles right now...I'm about 50.00001% sure that Philly would pull this out though.

Chargers / Jets / Ravens - Good teams this year, might have a shot of upsetting the Eagles if they were in the NFC...but unfortunately there are three teams ahead of these teams that they won't get passed. That being said...a late run by the Ravens makes them a possible contender to knock off Philly...that defense can NEVER be taken lightly.

Old 12-12-2005, 07:00 AM   #7
Petrushkaukrop

Yes. Yes it is.

He used to work for Miss Cleo.

He's a juvenile kind of guy.

Enough, fellas. Eagle fans are touchy - we're feeling that way because we've been in a similar position before, and our team dropped the ball. More than once, to be honest. So any attempt to be nice to us is seen to be laced with sarcasm, vindictiveness, or is inherently flawed.

PG, thanks for the kind words - but I'm a little skittish about thinking that way myself, so I can't trust my reactions to your post.

I would say more along the lines of just being pussies!

Old 12-15-2005, 07:00 AM   #8
MpNelQTU

My personal SB favorites were '66, '67 and '96. Other than those, and a few non-yawners, that's about it.

This year, it's hard not to see the Eagles and then a toss-up between the Pats, Steelers and Indy.

That said, it's looking more and more like Packers-Bills. Never mind the little scratch on the goggles.

Old 12-19-2005, 07:00 AM   #9
Loonerisav

Yes. Yes it is.

He used to work for Miss Cleo.

He's a juvenile kind of guy.

Kin-folk tend to pay more attention to each other. Nuttin' wrong with Vikings and Eagles fans sharing their uptightness.

Old 12-20-2005, 07:00 AM   #10
molaunterbizone

I'm not arguing with your intent or delivery. I'm simply commenting on our perception of your post. We see it the way we expect to see it - not even close to objectively.
I should have been more clear in my post...I know that you understood it, no problem.

Old 12-23-2005, 07:00 AM   #11
NarhozNic

I think the point Phila was trying to get across in an overly abraisive manner was.....The Eagles have won every game this season by ten or more points, excepting the Browns game and last nights Redskins game (and of course the Steelers game) Most of the criticism they are getting is basically just stating ...well they are from the NFC, the NFC is weak. Now i know you only added that as a footnote because you knew many eagle-haters would probably come to bash them, but it isn't an accurate footnote.

That out of the way I believe the Eagles are definately the most complete team in the NFC at this point and the only team that really stands a chance against the AFC in the super bowl.

TO win a championship you have to have the right mix of offense and defense. Or in a rare occasion get lucky enough to play another flawed team that you just happen to match up against. Of the NFC teams only the Eagles do both offense and defense well, The Falcons are close but their offense is far too inconsistant. The Panthers have been turning it on offensively as of late and if they continue the trend I'd have to say they would be the team with the best shot at bumping off the Eagles, though we havn't seen them against a team that can score and play defense recently. But even a team like the Panthers might have trouble winning three in a row on the road regardless.

The AFC is a different story almost. The reason most people believe the AFC is better is because most of the teams that are major players in the playoff hunt play at good Defense and good offense. And the teams that are one faceted (Colts, Ravens) are so good at what they do best. In fact all the playoff teams in the AFC except the colts and ravens are good on both sides. Even the Bills who are currently outside the playoff picture play well on both sides (though they started off playing poorly on offense) Rating the Eagles compared to the AFC teams is tough, but the Eagles do rate up there. I personally think they fall somewhere between Chargers and Colts And that group is such a slight step down from the Steelers and Patriots that putting them in the Super Bowl against one of them would come down to who wanted it more.

That being said I'm going to make a guess/prediction that the Eagles will make the super bowl and play an AFC team that Barring a miracle will be favored. Every ounce of football knowledge in my body tells me to pick the Patriots to represent the AFC but for some reason my gut tells me San Diego. but thats just a womans intuition, take it for what you will

Old 12-23-2005, 07:00 AM   #12
JAMES PIETERSE

I hate that douchebag.
are you threatening me?

Old 01-01-2006, 07:00 AM   #13
Roneyslelry

They almost lost to the Browns, though not to sound like a bitch though I will, that was the refs fault. Last night since it was a close game you could say they almost lost, though victory was really never in doubt. They almost lost to the Stee... oops nevermind.
I just don't agree with the assesment of the eagles, and I know you weren't saying it but it doesn't make sense that 'anyone' would be saying it expecially considering the margin of victory the eagles have had the entire year.

Old 01-12-2006, 07:00 AM   #14
Enladalusange

I dont really care about the other teams so i will answer for mine and thats it.

We all understand that last week(eagles) was a bad game and for anyone to take that game and judge the entire year on it is stupid. The pack started out 1-4 and are now 8-5 and leading the division. To me that shows way more heart then winning a bunch in SEP and then dropping dead in NOV and DEC. We might not be the favorites to win but if we play packers ball like we have done 8 times this year then we can make some noise in the playoffs.

Old 01-22-2006, 07:00 AM   #15
MeverikcNils

extremely juvenile....
I hate that douchebag.

Old 02-16-2006, 07:00 AM   #16
7UENf0w7

my bad soory.
he's sorry to

Old 02-17-2006, 07:00 AM   #17
Mimsykzr

Who have they almost lost too?
They almost lost to the Browns, though not to sound like a bitch though I will, that was the refs fault. Last night since it was a close game you could say they almost lost, though victory was really never in doubt. They almost lost to the Stee... oops nevermind.

Old 03-05-2006, 07:00 AM   #18
portoskins

Buffalo is hot?
You've got me all confused here...not sure what your post has to do with this thread

Old 03-24-2006, 07:00 AM   #19
JohnImamadviser

Yes, I expected you would say that, luvda. Of course, we could talk about that Eagles v. Packers game some more....

Sure if you want to, but i dont see how the outcome of that game takes away from eagles fans being pussies

Old 03-24-2006, 07:00 AM   #20
DoctorBeny

It has alot to do with it considering they have run off 4 straight and are playing pretty good. I predict they'll be in play by year end. They are rolling man.
It was the question mark

Buffalo is hot?

That didn't seem like a statement or an endorsement so I was confused.

Reply to Thread New Thread