LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-13-2006, 03:19 AM   #1
xanaxonlinexanax

John, thank you so much for posting this thread, I had no idea that we had such a natural gem sitting at the bottom of the hill!

We also were the only 2 that turned up, a real shame as I get the impression that the walks will only continue if there is demand for them; however it was a great bonus for us as we had the guide "Miguel" all to ourselves, he spoke very good English, however we agreed with to continue in simple Spanish to give us some practice - what a genuinely nice bloke, so willing to accommodate!

So, we had a guided 2 hour walk in stunning surroundings, having the wildlife and plant life pointed out to us as we walked - WHAT A FABULOUS SPANISH LESSON!

The best part was it was totally free, "buen precio”

We were loaned a set of binoculars each and we learned more about the wild and plant life in our area in that time than we had ever known before - even saw some bunkers that were built on the land during the Civil War - although thankfully never saw action!

Afterwards we signed up for their newsletter and for some volunteer work - hopefully we will meet more Spaniards and further improve our language skills.

I asked whether dogs were allowed and they are not - the reason being that the wildlife may be frightened by them - lots of ducks and other wildfowl.

I hope this encourages others to go along - Sunday 10am - you wont regret it!

Regards

Richard & Liesl

Old 09-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
MontyP@thon

Default Clot
I have often seen the signs advertising the Sunday morning guided walk around the Clot and until yesterday I have never joined one....what a mistake.

The walks take place every Sunday morning throughout the year at 10.00am. and start form the visitors centre (easy to find as its the only building of any size).

Yesterday only two of us turned up, not a problem, at just after 10.00am we set off with a guide who spoke perfect English. Within 5 minutes he was showing us some rocks were the lizards come out to take the morning sunshine.........I must have wlaked past these rocks 20 times and never seen a lizard..........I counted six yesterday...........and one was the biggest I have ever seen in the wild.

Three minutes later we had our binoculers out (everyone on the walk is loaned a pair) watching a hawk (sorry I forget the correct name) hovering in the sky.

The guide also has books detailing the migration patterns etc of the birds which he encourages you to look at.

Whist walking round he talks about the vegatation, insect life, etc.

We arrived at the "hide" overlooking the fresh water lake and spent 30 minutes looking at all the different ducks..........what amazing colours, some I swear are metalic!!!

We then walked over to the salt march area and out with the binoculers again to look at the different types of waders and other birds.

As a special treat (or so he said!!) he opened one of the bunkers built in the Spanish Civil War and we went in to see all the bats roosting.

Two and a half hours later we arrived back at the visitors centre, after I must say what was a brilliant morning.

The walk is completely free and they wouldnt even take a donation from me, quote " it is what we pay our taxes for".

I would thoroughly recomend the walk to all.

After the walk it was home for shower and then off to the Lemon Tree in La Marina for one of their fantastic Sunday lunches ( thank you to whoever it was who recomended the Lemon Tree on the Forum.......its super).

Regards all from a sunny and 21 degree C GA

John

Old 09-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
Fdhwzctl

I am very new to the area so dont know anything about the Clot. Where is it?
Sounds really like something we would love to do.
Thanks for your interesting discription.
Julie

Old 09-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
RayFairhurst

Julie

The 'Clot' is the parkland on Avnda del Carabassi - the road at the bottom of GA

Old 09-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #5
rujeltaoser

Sounds very intersting - I will certainly turn up on Sunday. Does anyone know whether we are allowed to bring our Cocker Spaniel?

Richard & Liesl Cavender

Reply to Thread New Thread