LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
MichaelfromSpace

Default Auburn v. Old Miss.
Two of our faithful have themselves a football game Saturday night. Who is gunna win this one?

Old 10-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
AutocadOemM

I think Auburn makes one more notch in the season. Should be a good game and it seems Ole Miss is pulling out all the stops. Auburn will be wearing their home blue uniforms and Ole Miss has brought in additional temporary bleachers. I believe we will be 10-0 headed into UGA week.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:36 PM   #3
nikolapegayyyaasss

PJ, PJ, PJ... It's OlE Miss...

If we could play the whole game like we've been playing the end of the past few games, I think we stand a chance. And I know Maulds is rooting for Ole Miss. Or against Auburn, at any rate. If only I had cable!

Old 10-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #4
MichaelfromSpace

PJ, PJ, PJ... It's OlE Miss...

If we could play the whole game like we've been playing the end of the past few games, I think we stand a chance. And I know Maulds is rooting for Ole Miss. Or against Auburn, at any rate. If only I had cable!
Firstly as a Yankee I truly apologize (if you could fix the title) secondly I do hope it's a good game.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #5
nikolapegayyyaasss

Unfortunately, I can't fix it in this section!

I think we would have won against Arkansas if they had given the ball to Masoli near the end instead of what's his face butterfingers. What a moron move! One of the few times I can remember actually screaming at the tv.

Reckon any bars up here will show the game? Is Auburn ranked?

Old 10-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #6
MichaelfromSpace

Unfortunately, I can't fix it in this section!

I think we would have won against Arkansas if they had given the ball to Masoli near the end instead of what's his face butterfingers. What a moron move! One of the few times I can remember actually screaming at the tv.

Reckon any bars up here will show the game? Is Auburn ranked?
ESPN has the game at six o'clock smd Auburn is ranked number one.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
AutocadOemM

Auburn has been running the ball extremely well. Ole Miss is really weak against the pass. I figure this game we may be balanced instead of 80% run. Although we ran on LSU who was good against the run too. I am concerned about our special teams & our defense.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:51 PM   #8
AutocadOemM

I still can't believe they got rid of Colonel Reb.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:56 PM   #9
nikolapegayyyaasss

Tell me about it.

And now everyone is saying Ole Miss Black Bears. Um, no! We are still the Ole Miss Rebels, okay people? LOL

It's just a shame, honestly. And of course you have people going around playing the race card with this- why's it have to be black bears? Why can't we be brown bears, or polar bears? I honestly think the student body had nothing to do with it. That this new chancellor, who will never come out from Bobby Khayat's shadow, had his mind made up from day one, and did what he wanted to do. I haven't heard a single person be excited about this change.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #10
nikolapegayyyaasss

And the whole Rebel/Black Bear thing is no different than y'all being Tigers/ War Eagles or 'Bama being Crimson Tide and Elephants (unless there's an actual name for that thing). I don't get what the major confusion is.

AND what is up with dude changing our slogan. It used to be about tradition, and now it's something like expect excellence? Which isn't bad, per se, but it's not Ole Miss, you know?

Old 10-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #11
AutocadOemM

They will always be the Ole Miss Rebels to me. Too bad Political correctness runs amuck.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #12
nikolapegayyyaasss

One of my biggest pet peeves.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #13
AutocadOemM

And the whole Rebel/Black Bear thing is no different than y'all being Tigers/ War Eagles or 'Bama being Crimson Tide and Elephants (unless there's an actual name for that thing). I don't get what the major confusion is.

AND what is up with dude changing our slogan. It used to be about tradition, and now it's something like expect excellence? Which isn't bad, per se, but it's not Ole Miss, you know?
We are the tigers! Always have been the tigers. We have been refered to as the plainsmen because Auburn is considered "The Loveliest Village on the Plain". War Eagle is a battle cry, a song and a greeting. Similar to Hotty Totty.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #14
nikolapegayyyaasss

But you have an Eagle on the field, right?

Although, I suppose 'Bama doesn't have an elephant out there.

And I seem to recall someone mentioning Tennessee as an example too. What do they have in addition to being the Vols?

Old 10-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #15
nikolapegayyyaasss

We are the tigers! Always have been the tigers. We have been refered to as the plainsmen because Auburn is considered "The Loveliest Village on the Plain". War Eagle is a battle cry, a song and a greeting. Similar to Hotty Totty.
My vote would have been for Hotty and Toddy, but back when they were red and blue fuzzies, not grey spandex man.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:06 PM   #16
AutocadOemM

But you have an Eagle on the field, right?

Although, I suppose 'Bama doesn't have an elephant out there.

And I seem to recall someone mentioning Tennessee as an example too. What do they have in addition to being the Vols?
The Eagle is like a mascot of our Raptor Center. We have a huge veterinary school and the Raptor Center is a really big deal. The Eagle flights became a unque tradition at home games and has garnered a lot of atention for Auburn. Our mascot is Aubie the Tiger.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #17
nikolapegayyyaasss

Is there an actual tiger mascot?

Old 10-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #18
AutocadOemM

no real tiger. LSU has a real tiger.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #19
nikolapegayyyaasss

Like Sigfried and Roy real tiger? Gaw, I knew I hated them for a reason. We can't have a dude with a hat and cane but they can have a killer animal? Nonsense.

I think out of the entire SEC, UGA has the best mascot deal going though. I think it's awesome how all the Uga's are sired by the previous Uga.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:31 PM   #20
QYD8eQ8F

I think FSU has the best mascot. lol. I am a little bias. I think the Auburn game will be close. I expect Auburn to have a let down. They have had several big games (close also) in a row. I think Cam will pull them through in the end. You never know about Nutt. He always seems to have his guys ready for big games.

Reply to Thread New Thread