LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-30-2009, 06:09 PM   #21
bestonline

Rick Flair had a lot of charisma but I cant stand him as a man. He's a wife basher and to be honest, I'd rather see the drug takers in the WWE than him.

Personally one of my favorite wrestlers is William Regal, just wish they would drop his stupid image. I've been watching him wrestle since I was a kid when he was in world of sport over here and he is one of the best technical wrestlers around. Once even Rick Flair got pissed off with him because he was doing moves that Flair wasn't capable of carrying. Its such a shame they choose to waste his talent by keep making him the stereotype Brit who has to act like a buffoon and get his arse kicked by the Americans all the time. Turning him into a British Bulldog type character would bring so much more to the WWE.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #22
Dabdklwu

Rick Flair had a lot of charisma but I cant stand him as a man. He's a wife basher and to be honest, I'd rather see the drug takers in the WWE than him.

Personally one of my favorite wrestlers is William Regal, just wish they would drop his stupid image. I've been watching him wrestle since I was a kid when he was in world of sport over here and he is one of the best technical wrestlers around. Once even Rick Flair got pissed off with him because he was doing moves that Flair wasn't capable of carrying. Its such a shame they choose to waste his talent by keep making him the stereotype Brit who has to act like a buffoon and get his arse kicked by the Americans all the time. Turning him into a British Bulldog type character would bring so much more to the WWE.
I agree with you about Regal. I like him...but I don't like his gimmick at all.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #23
elects

ok........yes they are talented at what they do,and they certainly are tough men......but,it is all pre ordained with the occassional real grudge(the jake roberts v randy savage saga some years ago springs to mind)......the ring is actually spring loaded believe it or not so it has some give in it......and theres a microphone under the ring for sound effects......if you watch closely,when a wrestler is clothes lining his opponant,the opponant is on his way down before any contact is made.....most moves have this

lets be honest here...theres moves that would kill when executed but the wrestler gets up and carries on........and the use of weapons make me laugh most of the time.....with the exception of mike foley,hes a psycho......if you hit someone with a real dust bin the head would bend before the bin...but those bin collapse......and have you ever noticed that when someone is put throught the commentators table it breaks,but its always a clean break...no jagged edges

theres loads of things if you really watch

Old 01-30-2009, 06:31 PM   #24
Fvmfrctt

ok........yes they are talented at what they do,and they certainly are tough men......but,it is all pre ordained with the occassional real grudge(the jake roberts v randy savage saga some years ago springs to mind)......the ring is actually spring loaded believe it or not so it has some give in it......and theres a microphone under the ring for sound effects......if you watch closely,when a wrestler is clothes lining his opponant,the opponant is on his way down before any contact is made.....most moves have this

lets be honest here...theres moves that would kill when executed but the wrestler gets up and carries on........and the use of weapons make me laugh most of the time.....with the exception of mike foley,hes a psycho......if you hit someone with a real dust bin the head would bend before the bin...but those bin collapse......and have you ever noticed that when someone is put throught the commentators table it breaks,but its always a clean break...no jagged edges

theres loads of things if you really watch
You are absolutely saying nothing that anybody that watches wrestling doesn't already know full well!

And yet they still enjoy it

Old 01-30-2009, 06:39 PM   #25
bestonline

Yup! What you are saying, Ian, is all part and parcel of wrestling. It's called sports ENTERTAINMENT. Yes, it's not real, mostly but it is still damn hard and injuries occur frequently. If you ever get a chance, watch the Louis Theroux documentary where he tries to get the real story of wrestling in the USA. When he goes to their training camp he gets put through hell! He ends up puking his guts out from the work and still being yelled at and forced to carry on.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:40 PM   #26
Dabdklwu

I agree with everything you guys are saying. I just know that a tooth coming out of your nose ain't fake!

Old 01-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #27
bestonline

This most definately isn't fake. (only watch if you have a strong stomach)

And lets not forget the likes of Owen Hart who died in the ring, or the guy that Big Daddy in world of sport wrestling accidently killed.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:30 PM   #28
elects

owen hart definately died on his way to the ring

Old 01-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #29
Fvmfrctt

owen hard definately died on his way to the ring
Nope

He died when he got to the ring

He was fine on the way

Old 01-30-2009, 11:57 PM   #30
Longwow

And you get more extreme leagues in Japan and the like, or even underground leagues in North America and I'm assuming other places and it's quite real. Obviously there is fakeness and a lot of it, but even though the mat is spring loaded, that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt when you fall. Or when you fall on the outside, etc.

Wrestling's fake, but it's not as fake as the haters think, that's what I'm sayin'.

Reply to Thread New Thread